Can Buddy Nix turn Buffalo into a winner?

The Chargers did not draft Rivers....they picked 1st overall, drafted Eli, and then traded him to the Giants for Rivers and picks.

They did draft Rivers. It was a shrewd move that landed them an additional draft pick which turned out to be Merriman. They wanted Rivers all along.

They did draft Rivers. It was a shrewd move that landed them an additional draft pick which turned out to be Merriman. They wanted Rivers all along.

That turned out good for SD. If Nix can transform Buffalo like he helped do in SD, then we'll be in great shape once again.

' it’s a safe bet to say that Nix knows a thing or two about QB’s. Most recently, Nix & Gailey competed with other teams for the services of Donovan McNabb and offered a contract extension to McNabb if the deal were to take place. It’s clear that the Bills know their franchise QB is not currently on the roster and are trying to find one. '

It is past time for Brohm and Edwards lover to understand this.

http://www.realfootball365.com/articles/bills/14820

Interesting take on Buddy Nix from RF365.com

Good read. I have to agree on this take on Nix and QB's. Given what the FO has said about solving the QB issue before the draft, if no trade or deal is made, I have to believe Buddy's going to go QB at #9. I'm not crazy about Claussen, but at this point, I have to just say "In Buddy we trust." If he' sold on Claussen, I'm going to go with it.

' it’s a safe bet to say that Nix knows a thing or two about QB’s. Most recently, Nix & Gailey competed with other teams for the services of Donovan McNabb and offered a contract extension to McNabb if the deal were to take place. It’s clear that the Bills know their franchise QB is not currently on the roster and are trying to find one. '

There are no Brohm and Edwards lovers.

Really?

2004 - Round 1

Sel # Player Position School Team

1 Eli Manning QB Mississippi San Diego Chargers

2 Robert Gallery T Iowa Oakland Raiders

3 Larry Fitzgerald WR Pittsburgh Arizona Cardinals

4 Philip Rivers QB North Carolina State New York Giants

I'll have to e mail NFL.com and tell them they have it wrong.

what about all the Fitzpatrick lovers...they dont get call out's too? why, because hes black?

Good read. I have to agree on this take on Nix and QB's. Given what the FO has said about solving the QB issue before the draft, if no trade or deal is made, I have to believe Buddy's going to go QB at #9. I'm not crazy about Claussen, but at this point, I have to just say "In Buddy we trust." If he' sold on Claussen, I'm going to go with it.

Agreed.

Agreed. Same if he trades for someone.

Really?

2004 - Round 1

Sel # Player Position School Team

1 Eli Manning QB Mississippi San Diego Chargers

2 Robert Gallery T Iowa Oakland Raiders

3 Larry Fitzgerald WR Pittsburgh Arizona Cardinals

4 Philip Rivers QB North Carolina State New York Giants

I'll have to e mail NFL.com and tell them they have it wrong.

Lol. They knew Manning would not sign with them. They knew the Giants wanted him. They knew they wanted Rivers. The picked Manning to swing the trade and land the pick (Rivers) they really wanted while picking up an extra pick along the way.

There's long been debate over who "really" went number one, but everyone knows how if went down.

Agreed. Same if he trades for someone.

It doesn't look like Claussen will be picked by the Bills if he is available. So does Buddy trade for a stop-gap QB like Campbell or Bulger, or will he pick up a QB in the later rounds of the draft?

Conversely, if the FO is not sold on Claussen, I can see them staying put with the QBs we have and using the picks in shoring up the lines + adding a WR. ie. giving all the tools for Edwards to succeed. After all, Nix has been honest in saying that they cannot fill all holes in one offseason (I paraphrase ofcourse).

Conversely, if the FO is not sold on Claussen, I can see them staying put with the QBs we have and using the picks in shoring up the lines + adding a WR. ie. giving all the tools for Edwards to succeed. After all, Nix has been honest in saying that they cannot fill all holes in one offseason (I paraphrase ofcourse).

I'm glad Nix said that, of course most fans will be expecting an instant winner, but it's going to take 2-3 seasons for us to have a solid, competitive team again. I'd rather Nix build the Bills into a long-term winner, even if that means another year or two of missing the playoffs, compared to what Donahoe tried doing which was a build an instant winner that didn't work.

No such tools exist.