what's wrong with claussen?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the best athletes in the world come off like total douchebags. Whether thru a sense of entitlement, or trying to create a semblence between their profession and personal lives. The media and average fan get to wound up in the day to day dealings of pro athletes. Scanning their lives with fine toothed combs, looking for any blemish they can possibly smear them with. Also if you're really good at what you do, odds are you'll walk around with your head held high, knowing "yeah I'm good, and I'll let other people know that as well. If you think you're better than try to stop me" Did Clausen do some dumb things early on at ND like showing up to his recruitment in a limo? Yeah he did. He also later admitted that it was probably a foul on his part.

He's matured, is well respected by teammates. Not once has a ND player who's played with Clausen said anything like "I will never play with that guy again" Like Mewelde Moore did to JP Losman after they graduated from Tulane. He's played in a pro style offense under one of the better minds in football, and has improved every single year. Has the physical skills to play in Buffalo, as well as anywhere and the know how to read coverages, make any kind of throw, and call audibles. To turn away the most pro ready quarterback in the draft, because he "isn't a nice guy" is the most moronic thing one can do. Hopefuly the Bills don't turn away from finally getting some stability and real promise at the quarterback position.

I don't care if hes the friggin Marquis de Sade as long as he can play, which I think he can. Seriously, he was 17 years old when this pic was taken. Like all of the character related red flags, there is nothing there. That guy to the left really is disgusting though.

I don't care if hes the friggin Marquis de Sade as long as he can play, which I think he can. Seriously, he was 17 years old when this pic was taken. Like all of the character related red flags, there is nothing there. That guy to the left really is disgusting though.

The guy in the middle looks like a Clausen, too. I can't believe I'm commenting on this picture...

I'm still trying to figure out how you know he is 17 in that picture and what the !@#$ that has to do with anything. :flirt:

Bills track record with first pick Golden Domers is pretty suspect.

Jeff Burris

Tony Hunter

Walt Patulski

so is the recent track record of Iowa lineman being touted as top 10 picks, and so is our choice of taking an OT in the top of the first rd.

also, those ND guys were taken a loooooooong time ago

anyway, you can skew things either way if you try hard enough,

how bout this one, whats the success rate of Florida QB's in the NFL (wuerfell, Matthews, grossman, leak, etc)

can you name the last great NFL player to come out of Clemson University (for the "lets take spiller" crowd)

see how easy it is?

Burris was an excellent player before the ACL tear, and wasn't exactly chopped liver after that.

He is the exception, obviously. He was a decent nickel back when he was here. Still, he spent most of his career playing for other teams.

Patulski is often cited as being one of the all-time worst draft picks in draft history. He left a big stain across Bills-land.

Hunter was an unmitigated bust as well.

So Basically no one has any legit reasons not to draft Clausen other than a preconcieved notion that he has an attitude? :flirt:

He plays for ND and becaise Brady Quinn played for ND and he is not all that good obviously means the Clausen will not be good...

ya dig? <_<

So Basically no one has any legit reasons not to draft Clausen other than a preconcieved notion that he has an attitude? :flirt:

I think the legit reason is that the Bills have produced such a bad record over the last decade that what they require is to either rebuild the team from the trenches out OR to get a team leader at QB who basically forces the team to win by virtually through force of will refuses to lose.

Personally, I think that the latter view simply is not gonna happen (a QB can make the difference as the add-on to a quality team as RoboQB did with Pitts but even the best QB in the business Peyton Manning led Indy to the exact same record after his rookie year when asked to do it himself and only the addition of a number of factors proved to ultimately be enough).

As far as Claussen himself, yes he is a very good QB but he simply proved flat-out with the ND record last year that he is not capable of forcing a team he is leading to refuse to lose.

Its a high risk silly strategy the Bills would be pursuing to bank on Clausen with out first round help in the trenches being the choice to make this team a winner (and potentially for him to even survive as he suffered a serious injury as he finished college) or hinder his needed development if he is chosen as our next savior. Perhaps if Claussen had Tebow's proven ability to elevate his team seemingly through force of will or Tebow had Claussen's demonstrated quick release either MIGHT be a good choice at #9, but neither do and it seems as sure as the crapshoot the draft is that either choice at #9 would be fatal to the Bills for years.