Rams make it official, release Marc Bulger

Lori

wait... so we WANT a qb who's team went 1-15 last year? ok... i understand it all now.

what i find amusing is that some people want him here and not someone like TE or fitz who has actually won a game in the past 3 seasons...

but of course if this board were running the team, we would have picked up thigpen, half of vick, campbell, mcnabb's toenail clippings, and then draft clausen, tebow, pike and lefevour.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

but of course if this board were running the team, we would have picked up thigpen, half of vick, campbell, mcnabb's toenail clippings, and then draft clausen, tebow, pike and lefevour.

I agree, doing all the things that all the different users of a web forum mention in passing would be a terrible way to run a football team.

Not my point...

Sorry, I was just responding to the thread not your 2 cents. I shouldn't have attached it to your comment. I suppose it is not really related to your point. I just thought maybe you would get that from my post since I didn't really reference anything you said. Bulger could be a good pick up at the right price and if he has nothing left cut him.

Why not bring him in? At one point he was fantastic. Let's see if he has anything left. If not, cut him. The people who are proposing to bring him in are not saying he is 100% the answer, or that he should be the starter. But bring him into camp and see what, if anything, he's got.

I guess it kinda depends, key word being credibility. Seems like most players take to ex players that are coaches and might respond better to a vet player than a coach who never made in the NFL. I'm not saying I agree, just might explain the difference.

Flutie was an awesome mentor.

I am not against bringing him in to see what he has left. If you give him a contract that is incentive based which he would expect then you can see what he has left. He at least had some good seasons with the Rams. He went down hill when the talent and coaching went down hill.

This.

What's the harm in bringing him in? If he stinks, then he is cut. If not, then he earns a place on the roster. The Bills aren't going to give up draft picks or anything for him. Same goes for Campbell. Bring one of them in. Unless, of course, you think that the QB position is so solid that there's no chance anyone could improve it ...

1. Marc Bulger was a product of the Mike Martz offensive system. Once Martz left, his decline kicked in right away. (I wouldn't be surprised to see Bulger sign with Chicago to work again with Martz as Cutler's backup.)

2. The younger version of Bulger got by with his quick release. In fact, his ability to get rid of the ball quickly masked some of the Rams' offensive line's deficiencies that were highlighted when Warner couldn't stay healthy behind that line. Eventually, of course, Bulger succumbed to the same problems: his release has slowed tremendously, and he hasn't managed to stay healthy the last few years.

3. Bulger never really had a top notch arm. He played well enough in the dome, but it would be interesting to compare his stats when he played in more frigid conditions.

Honestly, I do not see that the current version of Marc Bulger is really any better than what the team has now.