Doctor won't treat Democrats

Wow, again assuming and putting words into peoples mouths. Typical. Not I do not care that much about posting. It's for fun, even though you like to think of it as work... it's not.

Within my career, my work is stellar.

Did you know that your prior posts are still able to be read? You admitted that you might be lazy and that your incomplete/poorly written posts were so you could "just get something down". So, the only assumption I made was that you were telling the truth and the only words I put in your mouth were one's that came out of it.

I like to think of posting here as work? Who's doing the assuming here? There are some really intelligent, knowledgeable, thought provoking posters on this board and I enjoy reading their opinions and learning from them. You are not one of them though. You have nothing to offer but novice target practice. I'm already capable of shooting the fish in the barrel and slam dunking the kiddie basket.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you know that your prior posts are still able to be read? You admitted that you might be lazy and that your incomplete/poorly written posts were so you could "just get something down". So, the only assumption I made was that you were telling the truth and the only words I put in your mouth were one's that came out of it.

I like to think of posting here as work? Who's doing the assuming here? There are some really intelligent, knowledgeable, thought provoking posters on this board and I enjoy reading their opinions and learning from them. You are not one of them though. You have nothing to offer but novice target practice. I'm already capable of shooting the fish in the barrel and slam dunking the kiddie basket.

I never equated posting on TBD to work. That is you and that's fine. I especially like the comment "doesn't much care about the quality of his work..." When in reality, I do care about the quality of my work. Which is why I have my current position and get hired on the side as a consultant for many projects.

I don't try to be nor do I care about being well respected on a message board. I have no problem learning from people here, no problem what so ever. However, when a person throws insults first then that person loses all credibility to me.

Keep up the good work posting here on TBD. I'm sure it's doing wonders for your resume and ego. :blink:

I never equated posting on TBD to work. That is you and that's fine. I especially like the comment "doesn't much care about the quality of his work..." When in reality, I do care about the quality of my work. Which is why I have my current position and get hired on the side as a consultant for many projects.

I don't try to be nor do I care about being well respected on a message board. I have no problem learning from people here, no problem what so ever. However, when a person throws insults first then that person loses all credibility to me.

Keep up the good work posting here on TBD. I'm sure it's doing wonders for your resume and ego. :blink:

Read my post again. You were the one that claimed I related posting here as work. Who's putting words in other peoples mouths? You don't care about being well respected on a message board? That's ok, my bet is that you have suceeded in that.

Read my post again. You were the one that claimed I related posting here as work. Who's putting words in other peoples mouths? You don't care about being well respected on a message board? That's ok, my bet is that you have suceeded in that.

So, you are a former union employee who may be lazy and doesn't much care about the quality of his work or even how complete it is? I guess I understand.

You definitely insinuated it by stating that I don't care about the quality of my work. Posting is not work.

You definitely insinuated it by stating that I don't care about the quality of my work. Posting is not work.

Split hairs much? You stated that I viewed posting as work while you basically did it for fun and didn't really care about the quality of it. You also admitted that you might be lazy. Regardless of how the word "work" is interpreted, am I, or am I not correct in assessing your posts as a product of laziness and sloppiness?

Split hairs much? You stated that I viewed posting as work while you basically did it for fun and didn't really care about the quality of it. You also admitted that you might be lazy. Regardless of how the word "work" is interpreted, am I, or am I not correct in assessing your posts as a product of laziness and sloppiness?

Splitting hairs is what people do best on this site. I stated that in regards to posting, I am lazy. Outside of that, not at all.

Splitting hairs is what people do best on this site. I stated that in regards to posting, I am lazy. Outside of that, not at all.

Lazy is, as lazy does. Maybe if you get another job working for the "union" you can again be lazy at work as well as the rest of your life. Your posts and attitude portray yourself as one of the people that have given unions a bad rap. I can understand being unified and working towards a common goal, but when it comes to biting the hand that feeds you you're wrong. I've been a union member and I've been in management. I never could understand the union's thinking that would allow a plant to be shut down for an extra fifteen minutes because the mechanic called for a specific problem then had to call for an electrician to reset the breaker. Unions have to understand that they not only work "for" their employer but for their own continued prosperity and need to work "with" their employer. But, corporations are bad, even at the same time the union pension funds are invested in them.

PBills, you might think I'm just out to bust your chops. I'm not. On the other hand, you invite it. Suggestion---and I don't mean this in a condescending way, clean up your posts so they make sense. And, while you're at it, put some meat in them rather than spewing forth some watered down drivel that even the DNC turned down.

Lazy is, as lazy does. Maybe if you get another job working for the "union" you can again be lazy at work as well as the rest of your life. Your posts and attitude portray yourself as one of the people that have given unions a bad rap. I can understand being unified and working towards a common goal, but when it comes to biting the hand that feeds you you're wrong. I've been a union member and I've been in management. I never could understand the union's thinking that would allow a plant to be shut down for an extra fifteen minutes because the mechanic called for a specific problem then had to call for an electrician to reset the breaker. Unions have to understand that they not only work "for" their employer but for their own continued prosperity and need to work "with" their employer. But, corporations are bad, even at the same time the union pension funds are invested in them.

PBills, you might think I'm just out to bust your chops. I'm not. On the other hand, you invite it. Suggestion---and I don't mean this in a condescending way, clean up your posts so they make sense. And, while you're at it, put some meat in them rather than spewing forth some watered down drivel that even the DNC turned down.

Actually I was never lazy when I worked for the union. I reinvented the wheel when I was there. Bringing in new systems, strategic plans, etc. The way that things were done before me were horrible. I will admit that some people were lazy, however you will find that in every organization/company.

Biting the hand that feeds you... that is a statement one can only take so far. People should be able to complain or fight for better conditions at work, better salary, equal rights within the workplace, etc. When it comes to ones perception of unions it comes down to life experiences... some people here have experienced the bad, I experienced the good. At least I will admit (like always) that unions have their problems and need to change the way they operate.

In regards to your comment about the DNC... I could care less about the messaging that comes out of the DNC. I have never paid attention to it before and will not in the future. As much as people, like to believe that I am ridiculously left person... I'm not. I have voted for both republicans and independents in the past. If I had a chance to vote out Pelosi and Reid as well as other Democrats I would.

Actually I was never lazy when I worked for the union. I reinvented the wheel when I was there. Bringing in new systems, strategic plans, etc. The way that things were done before me were horrible. I will admit that some people were lazy, however you will find that in every organization/company.

Biting the hand that feeds you... that is a statement one can only take so far. People should be able to complain or fight for better conditions at work, better salary, equal rights within the workplace, etc. When it comes to ones perception of unions it comes down to life experiences... some people here have experienced the bad, I experienced the good. At least I will admit (like always) that unions have their problems and need to change the way they operate.

In regards to your comment about the DNC... I could care less about the messaging that comes out of the DNC. I have never paid attention to it before and will not in the future. As much as people, like to believe that I am ridiculously left person... I'm not. I have voted for both republicans and independents in the past. If I had a chance to vote out Pelosi and Reid as well as other Democrats I would.

Now that's what I'm talking about. Good post.

People should be able to complain or fight for better conditions at work, better salary, equal rights within the workplace, etc.

And they did. Like 100 years ago. And again 60 years ago.

The government set your standard regulations, Unions no longer need to pretend like any of this nonsense matters. Unions today fight pathetic fake holiday rights and stupid bathroom policies.

The government set your standard regulations, Unions no longer need to pretend like any of this nonsense matters. Unions today fight pathetic fake holiday rights and stupid bathroom policies.

One would think. However that is not the case.

Not ALWAYS the case. I'm sure you and I have both seen plenty of union abuses, though.

Totally agree. I have seen many people abuse the system. It's quite sad and I wish unions would learn from their mistakes and move on. Sadly they don't.

It seems to me that unions tend to have a dissconnect with reality. Too often, what matters the most to them is their pay and benefits, and of course job protection at any cost. They couldn't care less how profitable the company is. They don't understand that profits are a good thing, and don't need to all be spent for their benefit.

:thumbsup::lol:

Wage Theft Study

"The study also found that despite an Illinois law that requires employers to give workers a record of their pay and deductions, 45 percent of the workers in the study got no such record. Forty-five percent of the workers also said their employers were taking illegal deductions for damage loss, work-related tools, or transportation, which is generally not permitted, the study said."

:thumbsup::lol:

Wage Theft Study

"The study also found that despite an Illinois law that requires employers to give workers a record of their pay and deductions, 45 percent of the workers in the study got no such record. Forty-five percent of the workers also said their employers were taking illegal deductions for damage loss, work-related tools, or transportation, which is generally not permitted, the study said."

Has nothing to do with unions, but reminded me of something that happened when I was younger. I was waiting tables at this restaurant and I had only been there a couple of months. I hated the GM as he was a complete dick so was considering moving on to another restaurant. Well, as a waiter making 2.12 an hour and paying for the employee meal plan on top of that, I didn't pay much attention to my paycheck. I worked close to 40 hours a weeks so I would get a 2 week check of maybe 20 dollars. Well, I got one check that was zeroed out, then a second. I wasn't really paying attention the first time, figured I made too much in tips. I went back and looked though and in each two week period, it claimed I worked around 36 hours.

Long story short (too late): The manager was shaving my hours (and others). I asked for my time worked for each day and my tips claimed when he was away at the GM conference in Hawaii. I had one night where supposedly I worked an hour and a half and claimed $100 in tips. Keep in mind, it took 30 minutes to do sidework, before I could leave.

I confronted him with it when he got back. He paid me $100.00 out of the bar drawer. That was Steak and Ale btw, some of you may recognize it. It was a fairly big chain.

Has nothing to do with unions, but reminded me of something that happened when I was younger. I was waiting tables at this restaurant and I had only been there a couple of months. I hated the GM as he was a complete dick so was considering moving on to another restaurant. Well, as a waiter making 2.12 an hour and paying for the employee meal plan on top of that, I didn't pay much attention to my paycheck. I worked close to 40 hours a weeks so I would get a 2 week check of maybe 20 dollars. Well, I got one check that was zeroed out, then a second. I wasn't really paying attention the first time, figured I made too much in tips. I went back and looked though and in each two week period, it claimed I worked around 36 hours.

Long story short (too late): The manager was shaving my hours (and others). I asked for my time worked for each day and my tips claimed when he was away at the GM conference in Hawaii. I had one night where supposedly I worked an hour and a half and claimed $100 in tips. Keep in mind, it took 30 minutes to do sidework, before I could leave.

I confronted him with it when he got back. He paid me $100.00 out of the bar drawer. That was Steak and Ale btw, some of you may recognize it. It was a fairly big chain.

By the Boulevard Mall right?