Those Poor, Poor Dolphins

judman

No doubt about it that the cold/wet conditions are friggin' miserable too. But you can't even catch your breath and your heart rate goes off the Richter Scale in the heat/humidity, not to mention dehydration. Watch the September games played in My Yami and you see the other teams just have nothing left by the middle of the 4th quarter.....no matter what they do on the sidelines to try to recover. Some guys lose upwards of 8 lbs during a game. I'm amazed no one has collapsed from heat stroke.....yet.

Surface of the sun is a very accurate description.

I played in some very cold games in Buffalo in HS. Playing in the cold in Buffalo is no comparison to playing in the heat at a September early afternoon game in Miami. For one thing, you can die playing in the heat down here. In fact, you can die practicing in the heat in Minnesota.

I cannot imagine playing in Miami at some of the games that I have been to as a spectator. It is miserable just being in the stands in a short sleeve shirt and shorts.

I like the heat - South Florida summers are great. The ocean is warm, and the pools feel that much nicer. That being said - sitting in the stadium during a day game is uncomfortable in September. But it's not as uncomfortable as the Ralph in December.

Agreed. 12pm FSU home games in september are absolutely horrific. I refuse to go.

Your avatar. :bag:

Got ya beat.

I went to a game against the Bengals at the old rockpile circa 1969.

There was about 6 inches of snow on the field.

The stadium announcer said at the beginning of the game that the "Bills will kick off in the vicinity of the 40 yard line"

because the couldn't find the 40 yard line!

Ah the memories LOL

You do indeed win :thumbsup:

They don't like to play in the heat. They see it as a disadvantage. What a bunch of crybabies!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...afternoon-heat/

Unless you live in South Fla. you just don't get it .I am a Buffalo transplant & have lived here for 12 years :bag: , Aug & Sept

SUCK !!!! 89% humidity @ 95 degrees BLOWS CHUNKS !! The Florida sun is 10 times more intense than it is up north in th summer :thumbsup: I just work out in it & can't even imagine what it would be like to run full tilt for a couple hours off & on . But the NFL will change the starts times or have them build a dome when something like the Corey Stringer incident happens . I even think there has been more than one high school football player in the South Fla. area that has died due to the heat at practice & i believe one is still in the courts !!

This is just basically a case where the owner is under the impression that a later game would put more fans in the stands or perhaps he has a late morning T time who knows. I do know that this caught a ton of heat (no pun intended) down here in Miami. We know how important those 1pm games are and its my hope that Goodell just laughs this off and gives us all 1pm Games.

No doubt about it that the cold/wet conditions are friggin' miserable too. But you can't even catch your breath and your heart rate goes off the Richter Scale in the heat/humidity, not to mention dehydration. Watch the September games played in My Yami and you see the other teams just have nothing left by the middle of the 4th quarter.....no matter what they do on the sidelines to try to recover. Some guys lose upwards of 8 lbs during a game. I'm amazed no one has collapsed from heat stroke.....yet.

Surface of the sun is a very accurate description.

i spent 6 weeks in miami and down through homestead in 1992, after hurricane andrew. it was miserable.

Unless you live in South Fla. you just don't get it .I am a Buffalo transplant & have lived here for 12 years :bag: , Aug & Sept

SUCK !!!! 89% humidity @ 95 degrees BLOWS CHUNKS !! The Florida sun is 10 times more intense than it is up north in th summer :thumbsup: I just work out in it & can't even imagine what it would be like to run full tilt for a couple hours off & on . But the NFL will change the starts times or have them build a dome when something like the Corey Stringer incident happens . I even think there has been more than one high school football player in the South Fla. area that has died due to the heat at practice & i believe one is still in the courts !!

Those deaths you're referring to weren't a result of the heat. It was pre-existing illnesses along with improper hydration practices.

It's hot and everything, but the NFL is not the only Football in Florida during the months of August/September. If you train and hydrate properly, it's manageable.

I played in some very cold games in Buffalo in HS. Playing in the cold in Buffalo is no comparison to playing in the heat at a September early afternoon game in Miami. For one thing, you can die playing in the heat down here. In fact, you can die practicing in the heat in Minnesota.

I cannot imagine playing in Miami at some of the games that I have been to as a spectator. It is miserable just being in the stands in a short sleeve shirt and shorts.

You pray for rain, or at least some cloud cover and a hint of a breeze.