Bills offense to be much different in 2010

A balance of running and passing? losers!!!!- what a terrible plan- there's only one real way to go- you get a really big guy like Chris Henery, or the Big show- and a couple of midgets - and you give the midgets the ball and throw the midgets all over the field- now there's a good plan.

Who in the blue hell is Chris Henery?

A balance of running and passing? losers!!!!- what a terrible plan- there's only one real way to go- you get a really big guy like Chris Henery, or the Big show- and a couple of midgets - and you give the midgets the ball and throw the midgets all over the field- now there's a good plan.

I like it! Now really...why wouldn't this work? Too risky for the midgets?

Yep, Fanning-Fan looks just fine - still able to pucker up and smooch his HC's ass with the best of 'em! :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: What would you say if you were him? The other QB's seem to agree with him.

The most encouraging thing I read in thast piece was that Coach Gailey is going to tailor the system to the personel. Too many times the past decade coaches were to caught up in playing a particular scheme regardless of is it fit the personnel or not. Think Greggo with his "46" and Jauron with the "Tampa 2".

What he said. :thumbsup:

The most encouraging thing I read in thast piece was that Coach Gailey is going to tailor the system to the personel. Too many times the past decade coaches were to caught up in playing a particular scheme regardless of is it fit the personnel or not. Think Greggo with his "46" and Jauron with the "Tampa 2".

Which is it why, with no NT, it makes sense to switch to a 3-4?

I can just picture what these guys said when they got their playbooks.

Edwards: "Coach, this is a lot different."

Gailey: "How do you mean?"

Edwards: "Well, for one, I don't see any of the 3-yard pass plays we used to run. Everything in here seems to be gauged toward moving the ball down the field."

Gailey: "??"

Fitz: "What does this term mean? I think you say it, 'playaction.'"

Brohm: "And what are with the funny arrows pointing toward the middle of the field?"

Gailey: "Uh, that's where the receivers are supposed to run those routes."

(Group Laughter by QB's).

--beat--

Edwards: "The middle of the field. Seriously?"

problem is, i think thats exactly the problem that has happened the past few years, and why edwards got the name captain checkdown. not because he couldnt throw the ball downfield, but because juaron forced his OC to take out all the plays where the downfield receiver was open, so it had to be a checkdown or the legendary toss sweep.

heres to the new regime :thumbsup:

Different doesn't mean good.

“You want to score points as an offense and a quarterback and that’s kind of what we’re trying to do,” said Edwards.

Hey he can't play, but he knows that you need to score points to win! In order to score points you can't go from 1 to 4 in your progression either Trent!

Normally I would agree with you. However, different from a Dick Jauron run offense has got to be good.

I hate to say this but last I checked our D personnel doesn't fit too well a 3-4; as except for Mitchell and the recently acquired Davis and Edwards. Poz might be able to make the transition but think he's a better fit inside then outside so Davis is just a backup as no LB on the current roster really fits in as an OLB in the 4-3. Our DEs, again except for Edwards, are again on the small side. We don't have a true 3-4 NT so I can't see how he's tailoring our D.

yeah-= it sure makes a lot of sense in a year when they need to retool the OL; that they will also convert to a defense where they have to replace the entire front 7

good thing he is tailoring the system to fit the personnel