Would you be okay with Skelton?

I wouldn't be okay with Skelton. Know why? Because it'd be a waste of a pick to take a subpar qb this year. Fill NT OLB and the O Line with this draft. There are too many holes to fill. Why pick a qb when he isn't going to be a franchise QB? Let's give Trent 1 more year and if that doesn't work out we should have a bad enough record to get a qb in round 1 next year

Roethlisberger was from Miami(Ohio),and Flacco was from Delaware.

While I like Skelton and am all for us taking him if we dont get Bradford/Clausen/Tebow, Big Ben and Flacco were 1st round QBs, Skelton is not. I think he can be very good, but he should not start this year, and WHEN TE sucks again, which likely will be week 1, people will be calling for Skelton, then he will get ruined. Which is why we need a decent veteran QB on this team, or else a project QB wont work in Buffalo in 2010.

If the Bills pick either Skleton or Snead to develop for a year possibly two. I would be okay with this because of the possible work stoppage which would give either QB another year to mature.

I Believe the ceiling for Skelton is really high, and Snead's ability really intrigues me. Its encouraging that Skelton worked out for Bills!

John Skelton...Fordham quarterback John Skelton, performed a private workout for the Buffalo Bills last week. -Al Fronczak

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2010Draftnews.html

I'd rather just stick with Brohm for a year and find out if he or Edwards develops into anything. If not, take a QB high next yr.

While I like Skelton and am all for us taking him if we dont get Bradford/Clausen/Tebow, Big Ben and Flacco were 1st round QBs, Skelton is not. I think he can be very good, but he should not start this year, and WHEN TE sucks again, which likely will be week 1, people will be calling for Skelton, then he will get ruined. Which is why we need a decent veteran QB on this team, or else a project QB wont work in Buffalo in 2010.

So, we shouldn't draft Skelton because the fans will call for him to be started too quickly? Thank God you aren't a GM.

So, we shouldn't draft Skelton because the fans will call for him to be started too quickly? Thank God you aren't a GM.

You obviously need to learn how to read. I said IF TE is the QB, we cannot afford a project QB simply because TE sucks, and when he does we will throw him to the wolves. Put on your glasses and your thinking cap and try reading it again there champ.

You obviously need to learn how to read. I said IF TE is the QB, we cannot afford a project QB simply because TE sucks, and when he does we will throw him to the wolves. Put on your glasses and your thinking cap and try reading it again there champ.

Your post is extremely clear. You said that fans will be clamoring for us to start Skelton when TE sucks. That should have no bearing on whether or not we draft him.

Your post is extremely clear. You said that fans will be clamoring for us to start Skelton when TE sucks. That should have no bearing on whether or not we draft him.

But it should have bearing because he is obviously a project QB, and if we threw him out there in year 1, he likely would lose all his confidence and suck like the last 6 QBs before him here.

I am for drafting Skelton but need another starter except TE. If we had maybe TE, Skelton and someone like McNabb, it would be good, but without another QB, I just dont feel he will work here because he will be too rushed. Buffalo Fans are longing for a QB, and Skelton wil be rushed as soon as Trent faulters, which history shows us wont take long.

It takes waaay more than a strong arm to be a successful NFL QB. 5th round or later, I have no problem with taking

a wild shot on either of these QBs, but before that I'd prefer spending picks on players at other positions who have a

chance to contribute as starters, solid backups and/or special teams players. Nothing is much more useless than a

3rd string developmental QB who is a very long-shot to amount to anything.

I'd be happy with them if we don't get anyone else. We need SOMEONE!

Sporting News has Jonathan Crompton 6'3 222#, Tennessee as the second best QB. Never saw him play but they rate him over Clausen, Pike etc. Maybe someone here saw him play

Jonathan Crompton

QB, Tennessee

War Room analysis

Arm strength: Can make all passes when he strides into his throws and uses good technique. Can fit the ball into tight spots with good zip and accuracy. Will hit receiver on "deep skinny post" route between cornerback and safety. Also shows good arm strength on the move and when he cannot reset his feet. Arm is strong enough, but not a big-time gun.

Accuracy/delivery: Surprises with improvement over his junior season, when accuracy and production were inconsistent. Is now accurate on all passes, with touch or zip. Holds the ball high in the pocket. Has a quick and compact delivery; gets rid of the ball quickly. Can stride into throws, but tends to stay a bit upright and doesn't bend knees well enough. On quick-hitting passes, shows quick delivery and footwork to drop back, plant foot and drive into the pass. Is effective throwing slant passes on target. Can make tough throws accurately even when rolling left and throwing against his body.

Field vision: Consistently sees the field well, which helps him to make good decisions. Usually is good at going through his progressions; finds open receiver or returns to safety value. Isn't confused in reading the defense and identifying correct receiver. When out of the pocket, keeps head up and scans field to find an open target. Will at times stare down his primary receiver, allowing defenders to break and close on his passes.

Running ability: Is a good athlete who can make plays with his feet. Won't be a big-play running threat, but will avoid sacks and can scramble for first down. Knows when a hole opens while he is dropping back. Won't hesitate to run.

Intangibles: Made great strides starting in 2009's Week 5; looked like a new quarterback. Fit well into Tennessee's pro-style offense. Was tough and surprisingly poised in the pocket. Appears comfortable throwing the ball away to avoid the sack, but at times is late in doing so.

Bottom line: Crompton made a major turnaround in his senior season. He has an exciting future because of improvement in his mechanics, accuracy, consistency, decision-making and overall production, showing that that he can learn and should be able to continue to improve. Crompton will be drafted later than we have him rated, but he should develop into a good starter. It is important for him to go to a team with a quarterback coach who teaches fundamentals. Crompton stepped up when he got his chance at the Texas vs. The Nation practices, showing a live arm and was by far the best QB all week. He was quick getting rid of ball and accurate on all types of throws all week.

Career statistics

Passing Rushing

Team Cmp. Att. Pct. Yds. Avg. TD Int. Rat. Att. Yds. Avg. TD

'06 Tennessee 31 66 47.0 401 6.1 4 2 111.9 16 46 2.9 0

'07 Tennessee 7 12 58.3 97 8.1 1 2 120.4 4 0 0.0 0

'08 Tennessee 86 167 51.5 889 5.3 4 5 98.1 37 107 2.9 2

'09 Tennessee 224 384 58.3 2800 7.3 27 13 136.0 44 100 2.3 1

Totals 348 629 55.3 4187 6.7 36 22 123.1 101 253 2.5 3

Why the love affair with skelton? He wasn't even the best quarterback in the patriot league. Dominic Randolph from Holy Cross is much better prospect. I seen both duel it out and Holy Cross destroyed fordham. Randolph threw for 4 tds and over 300 yards that game. Skelton threw for 400 yards but no tds exept ran one in. Randolph is a beast and broke all sorts of records. He throws deep, short, runs, does it all. Patriots will grab him, mark my words.

Neither Clausen nor Bradford will be there at 9 and the 2nd rounders, Tebow and McCoy, don't get me excited. I'd like the Bills to go LT, NT for the 1, 2 picks. Then use the 3rd to draft a project QB to develop like Skelton or Snead. I think Gailey will get some production out of Trent. At least enough to get us through the year as we rebuild through the draft.

I doubt Snead will be there in the third, either

Dude played at Fordham for a reason. Just sayin'.

Thank you. Just do a search and there is a thread identical to this one from a few short weeks ago.

I went to Fordham, the football program there is a complete joke, they've had several 0 win seasons and have only had one decent team in 20 years. Its a glorified high school team, nothing more, and people want to use a 3rd rounder on a kid from there? Entrust the future of our franchise to a kid nobody else wanted and the only reason he got a chance to try out anywhere is because his uncle is a minority owner of the Texans?

People said the same things about Kevin Eakin, another QB who came out of there recently, the guy bounced around practice squads and never amounted to anything. We don't have the luxury of wasting high draft picks on long shots from joke programs.

I know we're desperate...but c'mon...