Would you be okay with Skelton?

If the Bills pick either Skleton or Snead to develop for a year possibly two. I would be okay with this because of the possible work stoppage which would give either QB another year to mature.

I Believe the ceiling for Skelton is really high, and Snead's ability really intrigues me. Its encouraging that Skelton worked out for Bills!

John Skelton...Fordham quarterback John Skelton, performed a private workout for the Buffalo Bills last week. -Al Fronczak

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2010Draftnews.html

Neither Clausen nor Bradford will be there at 9 and the 2nd rounders, Tebow and McCoy, don't get me excited. I'd like the Bills to go LT, NT for the 1, 2 picks. Then use the 3rd to draft a project QB to develop like Skelton or Snead. I think Gailey will get some production out of Trent. At least enough to get us through the year as we rebuild through the draft.

Very interesting. QB Coach Cortez better work with him on his accuracy, because that's what's missing with this kid.

interesting factoid: Cortez comes from the Calgary Stampeders, and the Stampeders own the CFL rights to Jimmy Clausen. I can't confirm definitively whether Cortez was there when the Stampeders drafted Clausen.

Neither Clausen nor Bradford will be there at 9 and the 2nd rounders, Tebow and McCoy, don't get me excited. I'd like the Bills to go LT, NT for the 1, 2 picks. Then use the 3rd to draft a project QB to develop like Skelton or Snead.

This is exactly how I feel, and what I'm hoping for. Something like:

1st: Trent Williams/Bryan Bulaga

2nd: Cam Thomas/Terrence Cody

3rd: John Skelton/Jevan Snead

I have no problems with Skelton. Big guy with a cannon arm, though he does need a little work on accuracy and intermediate routes. I think he is one of the better small school prospects in a long time.

If the Bills pick either Skleton or Snead to develop for a year possibly two. I would be okay with this because of the possible work stoppage which would give either QB another year to mature.

I Believe the ceiling for Skelton is really high, and Snead's ability really intrigues me. Its encouraging that Skelton worked out for Bills!

John Skelton...Fordham quarterback John Skelton, performed a private workout for the Buffalo Bills last week. -Al Fronczak

I like his highlight video -

- looks like a mobile Drew Bledsoe. With that being said, I don't like the competition that he was playing against - Cornell, Bryant St., Holy Cross, Who Dat U. I also noticed that his reads aren't super quick. He tends to hold onto the ball and sit in the pocket a little bit. I would take a flier on him in round 5+ not before.

- looks like a mobile Drew Bledsoe. With that being said, I don't like the competition that he was playing against - Cornell, Bryant St., Holy Cross, Who Dat U. I also noticed that his reads aren't super quick. He tends to hold onto the ball and sit in the pocket a little bit. I would take a flier on him in round 5+ not before.

in your opinion, aren't those things correctable?

in your opinion, aren't those things correctable?

An NFL QB has to come out of college with a lot more than in past years. The money is so big now that programs can't wait 5 years to see if a guy can learn to do things against the best that he wasn't doing against lower level teams. Every now and then a team picks up a Brady or a Warner, but it is so rare you shouldn't bet the franchise on it. Peyton Manning is a great example. He won at every level against the very best competition. Even he didn't tear it up his first year, but his history suggested what he could do. I get the feeling that some here want a franchise QB so badly that they are imagining that the guys coming out this year can be that. Only Tebow has the necessary history, but he would need a technique overhaul. Sorry guys, Jim Kelly is not available in this draft. Fix other areas first and notice how much better Edwards gets as a result. He'll do for another year.

An NFL QB has to come out of college with a lot more than in past years. The money is so big now that programs can't wait 5 years to see if a guy can learn to do things against the best that he wasn't doing against lower level teams. Every now and then a team picks up a Brady or a Warner, but it is so rare you shouldn't bet the franchise on it. Peyton Manning is a great example. He won at every level against the very best competition. Even he didn't tear it up his first year, but his history suggested what he could do. I get the feeling that some here want a franchise QB so badly that they are imagining that the guys coming out this year can be that. Only Tebow has the necessary history, but he would need a technique overhaul. Sorry guys, Jim Kelly is not available in this draft. Fix other areas first and notice how much better Edwards gets as a result. He'll do for another year.

ya, I hear that, no argument. I guess I meant that either a QB is mobile or he isn't, or that he can make the throws or not; you can't teach that. And history shows that you can't teach a old dog new tricks, if anyone remembers Bledsoe and the timer.

But quicker reads and sliding around in the pocket to a 22 y.o. might be something that can be coached up.

Roethlisberger was from Miami(Ohio),and Flacco was from Delaware.

This is exactly how I feel, and what I'm hoping for. Something like:

1st: Trent Williams/Bryan Bulaga

2nd: Cam Thomas/Terrence Cody

3rd: John Skelton/Jevan Snead

I'd be happy w/ that. Definitely like the idea of a big arm quarterback. Just imagine Lee Evans going deep again.

Skelton would be a great pick in the 4th or 5th round.

I'd go with Skelton over Snead, just because he's never had to work harder than what he thought was his best @ Fordham. He was always the best guy and pushed himself, but in the NFL he can be pushed. Snead on the other hand has had quality coaching and yet he makes mind-numbing mistakes over and over again.