My prediction...includes the Bills drafting Iupati in the 1st rd

After replacing Dick Jauron with another retread coach (not saying Gailey's a bad choice, just PR-wise) and signing absolutely no one of note in free agency, the Bills WILL be drafting either Clausen or Tebow. Mark it down.

Claussen will be Brady Quinn II, mark it down. You can get another Tebow at the end of the draft- his name is Juice Williams. Taking mediocre players and giveing them big contracts has been the Bills way for a decade. Take the best players available and build a talent base.

The fans will buy tickets anyways, cause they have no other choice- start treating them that way!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

clausen is not the kind of qb that our coachs like, alot of questions about him. Myself I would be happier with tebow he's a leader and a winner all the nosense about pro style and bad form is only symantics.

I still do not see them grabing a qb, we in affect still have brohm who will get a shot and to add another qb to the mess before you have a o-line is wasting another pick at that spot

Claussen will be Brady Quinn II, mark it down. You can get another Tebow at the end of the draft- his name is Juice Williams. Taking mediocre players and giveing them big contracts has been the Bills way for a decade. Take the best players available and build a talent base.

The fans will buy tickets anyways, cause they have no other choice- start treating them that way!

QB is the hardest position to predict. I have no idea who will be the best QB in this draft. I'm just predicting what will happen given the events of this offseason. I do not see the Bills passing on a QB prospect as good as Clausen at #9. It has nothing to do with Quinn's NFL production. It has more to do with who's currently on the roster and the opportunity to choose a QB who's played at a high level at a big time college.

The bills need a sure thing, they cant waste any picks. there is no qb in the draft that is a sure thing.

it will be guard or lb or they trade back.

Beggars can't be choosers. The Bills currently have no QB (the most important position in football) of value on their roster. Clausen will be drafted by the Redskins, so don't panic if that's your worry. If he's somehow still available for the Bills, then don't be surprised if my prediction comes true. Risky or not, the Bills are in no position to turn down an opportunity like that.

I'm going to help you out

1st #17 take Davis or Campbell

trade up with you two 2nd rounders in the 18-22 range then take Iupati

3rd Cam Thomas NT

4th Eric Norwood OLB

I'm gonna help YOU out. Neither of your guys in round 3 and 4 will be there.

Here' s my 4 round mock draft prediction...

RD 1. Mike Iupati OT, Idaho...solid pick for the O line

RD 2a.Tim Tebow QB, Florida...good or bad, the Bills are in position to gamble their #2 on him, LT no longer as big of concern

RD 2b. Koa Misi OLB, Utah, Maybin is on notice that we have his replacement

RD 3. Cam Thomas DT, North Carolina or Linval Joseph DT, East Carolina...we need to draft a real DT with potential

RD 4. Riley Cooper WR, Florida...help out the new qb's transition and our team's WR problems with this pick

How did it all go down? Well after the Redskins choose Clausen (Shanny takes an OL over a QB???? Sorry, but no way that happens), the Bills start looking for trading partners...

...so when the Bills get on the clock both QBs are gone and they're left with a bunch of questionable mid-1st round OTs on the board that they aren't comfortable with...they are also left with questionable value and fit issues on the defensive side of the ball.

...therefore I could see the Bills using that #9 pick as trade bait for a team like the 49ers salivating to pick CJ Spiller who will be quickly rising in value to the point where the 49ers have no shot at #17 to get him. So the Bills get the 49ers' 2nd round pick in return for swapping 1st round picks.

I'd love to trade down and get another second but I'd rather have Dan Williams/Terrence Cody/Anthony Davis in the 1st and Staffold/Cam Thomas in the second. Then if Tebow was there at the second 2nd round pick, take him...fill the needs then roll the dice on the QB.

After replacing Dick Jauron with another retread coach (not saying Gailey's a bad choice, just PR-wise) and signing absolutely no one of note in free agency, the Bills WILL be drafting either Clausen or Tebow. Mark it down.

You think Nix, a non-splashy hire, is going to draft a name just to creat media buzz???? PLeaze....

i was upset when they hired chan, but still think nix is a solid football guy, so if he believes in chan then i will give him a shot. judging by what they have done so far, i am excited about the draft and feeling that we will not blow another first round pick.

not sure who they will pick but i am sure how they will

- no reaching

- no 1 year wonders

- no trading up

- no projects (no tight end to become lt)

- no secondary

- not buying the hype players

we will for the first time in a long time draft solid well rounded hard working football players!!!!!!!!

You think Nix, a non-splashy hire, is going to draft a name just to creat media buzz???? PLeaze....

I never talked about the "media buzz" effect, only the PR effect. It's a two birds with one stone situation. With all of the LT talk, you'd never know that the number one priority of this team is to find a QB. But QB is in fact the number one priority. It's not even an arguable point. So that is Nix's challenge. Does he wait till 2011 or try to trade up to the Rams' #1 spot? Does he wait at #9 to see if Clausen is still there? Or does he roll the dice on the unorthodox Tebow? It just isn't logical to think that Nix will wait a whole other year to get his QB of the future. Secondly, considering the "crickets chirping" offseason, the Bills are in a very bad spot in trying to market this team. Two birds, one stone.

So with that being said, Nix has stated that he'll only be looking at players who've proven themselves over the long haul at the college level. That would be Bradford or Clausen in the 1st, or Tim Tebow in the second. Drafting a "high profile" college QB will no doubt also be favorable to the Bills ticket sales, that will be the icing on the cake for Nix.

RD 2a.Tim Tebow QB, Florida...good or bad, the Bills are in position to gamble their #2 on him, LT no longer as big of concern

RD 3. Cam Thomas DT, North Carolina or Linval Joseph DT, East Carolina...we need to draft a real DT with potential

RD 4. Riley Cooper WR, Florida...help out the new qb's transition and our team's WR problems with this pick

How did it all go down? Well after the Redskins choose Clausen (Shanny takes an OL over a QB???? Sorry, but no way that happens), the Bills start looking for trading partners...

...so when the Bills get on the clock both QBs are gone and they're left with a bunch of questionable mid-1st round OTs on the board that they aren't comfortable with...they are also left with questionable value and fit issues on the defensive side of the ball.

...therefore I could see the Bills using that #9 pick as trade bait for a team like the 49ers salivating to pick CJ Spiller who will be quickly rising in value to the point where the 49ers have no shot at #17 to get him. So the Bills get the 49ers' 2nd round pick in return for swapping 1st round picks.

Well I had to start my reply over as I had Iupati late 1st/early 2nd, but I'm okay with the pick seeing that we picked up an

additional 2nd rounder!! I was going to talk about the Tebow risks even though he has many intangibles on his side...but you also ruined that critisim I was about to embark on as we have another 2nd rounder to use for a high risk/high return

or bust player like Tebow. So I'm okay with it!! Your blog is definitely one to read in its entirety before beginning to reply!lol

I'd like to use that 2nd on a DT/NT but I guess you covered it sufficiently in the 3rd and I can handle that and I know we need some standard size 3-4 LB's instead of the undersized ones we have. So I am also okay with that as well even though I am not over familiar with a couple of these players. You got us that WR we need for our "O" as well so initially

I would give you a "A" on your decision to trade-down and also in filling some glaring holes that we currently have.

Hopefully your players all pan out...and I am glad we didn't have to look at the 6th & 7th round selections as they usually

get cut, or make the practice squad!

Great Job! :lol:

I would like this draft. The fans need to understand that the Bills will not fill all of their needs in this draft, multiple drafts will be needed. Every player named here would contribute this year. Tebow in the wildcat or pistol and on short yardage. Edwards likely is the full time QB. They would have to sign a stop gap or use a developing guy at LT. It is possible that Bell could be that guy, He would be below average but he will have to do until the right guy comes along.

Well I had to start my reply over as I had Iupati late 1st/early 2nd, but I'm okay with the pick seeing that we picked up an

additional 2nd rounder!! I was going to talk about the Tebow risks even though he has many intangibles on his side...but you also ruined that critisim I was about to embark on as we have another 2nd rounder to use for a high risk/high return

or bust player like Tebow. So I'm okay with it!! Your blog is definitely one to read in its entirety before beginning to reply!lol

I'd like to use that 2nd on a DT/NT but I guess you covered it sufficiently in the 3rd and I can handle that and I know we need some standard size 3-4 LB's instead of the undersized ones we have. So I am also okay with that as well even though I am not over familiar with a couple of these players. You got us that WR we need for our "O" as well so initially

I would give you a "A" on your decision to trade-down and also in filling some glaring holes that we currently have.

Hopefully your players all pan out...and I am glad we didn't have to look at the 6th & 7th round selections as they usually

get cut, or make the practice squad!

Great Job! :thumbsup:

Thanks for the slow trigger finger...lol

I've got a strong feeling the Bills are going to shake things up on draft day and that is kind of the way I hope it all goes down.

Don't know if they'll take Iupati or not... but I like him. He is definitely more mobile than Bulaga (not saying he is better) Bulaga seems like a smart player... Trent williams is mobile but doesn't always use his strength, and A. Davis seems like more of a mauler. Okung will be gone so what's the differnece with him. It doesn't matter if we trade down or not... I think he has every opportunity to be just as good as those guys and he seems to play a lot meaner.

Don't know if they'll take Iupati or not... but I like him. He is definitely more mobile than Bulaga (not saying he is better) Bulaga seems like a smart player... Trent williams is mobile but doesn't always use his strength, and A. Davis seems like more of a mauler. Okung will be gone so what's the differnece with him. It doesn't matter if we trade down or not... I think he has every opportunity to be just as good as those guys and he seems to play a lot meaner.

I'm getting the impression that he may be the safest offensive lineman pick after Okung. The other guys have that "possibly another Mike Williams" fear factor thing going on.

I too believe that someone will covet Spiller and swap places with the Bills plus a 2nd. Unfortunately, I believe the Bills want Tebow in the 2nd will get nervous that the Jags will jump ahead of them and take Tebow, so they will pull the trigger on him in the first. Then they will take Roger Saffold LT and Cam Thomas NT in round 2, Then take Kyle Calloway to play RT in round 3. That is how I see it, but then again I continue to think my numbers will win the lottery.