Do you think Gailey can change Trent?

But right now I am unsure he can get Trent back to were he was before the Arizona game in 08.

Of course you're unsure. Everyone should be unsured until we see the result on the field. But there isn't much question that Edwards is the most talented QB on the roster and the Bills' best chance for success in 2010.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know why everyone always sights the Arizona game as the downfall of Trent. He came back after the bye week and had his best game as a Bill against San Diego IMO. I think the Trent Hysteria happened for two reasons. First, we were all sick of JP's maddening inconsistencey and second, everyone was telling us that he was going to be good (Walsh, Gannon and a lot of national media).

But the truth of the matter is he's just not a complete QB. His bad games are awful and his good games consist of effeciency only. On top of that, he's just to injury prone. Players are going to get hurt, but he's been a china doll since his days at Stanford and has continued to be so with the Bills.

For Gailey, Trent is more of a reclamation project than Tebow would be. The guy has played his entire life not wanting to pull the trigger on the tough throws, settling for the checkdowns and having a total lack of awareness for down and distance. You don't win with QB's like that and I hope the Bills realize this.

And if he did somehow go from being completely underwhelming and found a new game, he's proven that he can't stay on the field anyway so what's the point?

Although I don't believe Brohm will be the next Kurt Warner (Only because he was left for dead by the Pack and the rest of the NFL a year after he was picked in the 2nd round), I'd rather see him on the field because we've had enough of Trent to know that he's worth 3-4 efficient games, 6-9 meltdowns and 3-4 games missed due to injury. Sounds like 7-9 to me.

Guest dog14787
That's exactly what Fanning-Fan's self-proclaimed "charismatic and fashionable" body-waxing tight end and Stanford roomie, Matt Traverso (aka 'Princess'), said! :lol:

You know, Its the trash talking like this that can even get to the Mods and cause them to go beserk. How would you guys like to be big fans of someone and have to look at crap like this on a daily basis. I mean if you don't like someone and deal in facts or stats with your negativity I can handle it, but how about showing a little consideration to your fellow posters.

I've never understood how a fan of a certain football team can single out a particular player on the team and continue to bash him constantly on a daily basis and not realize its not helping his team, its players or the fan base in any way.

Its inconsiderate and selfish is what it is...

Guest dog14787
There's no crying on TBD!!!!

There's way to much crying on TBD!!!

Woe is me, the world is coming to a friggin end because of TE

Wow is me, the world is coming to a friggin end because of TE

Have you ever read The Senator's posts before? They involve links, childish insults and crazy ramblings that usually involve him and Mike Leach in a hot tub with a bottle of red wine. Seriously, I can see why you have a crush on Trent, you're both a little to fragile.

Really?...never had confidence out there huh?...hmmmm...did someone become a Bills fan just THIS season????...

Been a fan for 30+ years. Guess you assumed wrong.

now watch the last TD throw...announcers..."Man can he throw the deep ball or what?....45 yard from the LOS"....kay...so that's more than accurate...he's got arm strength as well...next...

quick release...

I already said he was accurate and had a quick release. Do you intend this to prove swagger as well?

also ran the forty in 4.72....Fitzy? 4.86....yup he's faster as well

Edwards is a QB. WTF does his 40 time have to do with anything? You expecting him to start running track?

....after thirty games Trent 24 tds....Fitz 21...okay so..maybe the coaching staff did say they could do more with Fitz...but maybe that's why they are out of a job now...

24 TD's out of 32 games. Not even 1 a game.

How about college? 36 TD's in 35 games. Just barely over 1 a game.

Comes a point when one has to face reality coaching is not the reason Trentative has not been overly "productive".

Guest dog14787
Have you ever read The Senator's posts before? They involve links, childish insults and crazy ramblings that usually involve him and Mike Leach in a hot tub with a bottle of red wine. Seriously, I can see why you have a crush on Trent, you're both a little to fragile.

Senator is actually not that bad because he picks his moments, but some folks just aren't happy unless they get a good stab in at TE every day. ( I am pretty fond of our glove wearing Mary now that you mention it )

man love :lol:

Been a fan for 30+ years. Guess you assumed wrong.

I already said he was accurate and had a quick release. Do you intend this to prove swagger as well?

Edwards is a QB. WTF does his 40 time have to do with anything? You expecting him to start running track?

24 TD's out of 32 games. Not even 1 a game.

How about college? 36 TD's in 35 games. Just barely over 1 a game.

Comes a point when one has to face reality coaching is not the reason Trentative has not been overly "productive".

Arm strength...you said nothing about his arm strength...nor did you credit him as being the mobile QB on the roster...

As far as swagger/confidence..."He's not cocky, but he's confident, you can see that..."...."He's california mellow, but he gets the guys going when he needs to".............. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTfmCaEFe-w and a little CLUTCH anyone?????...

Please...this guy can be a stud

Maybe I shouldn't have said swagger...I should have said cool calm collective and confident...no he probably isn't like Leaf, Clauson, McMahon, Namath, or like that...he's more like Joe Cool, Petyon Manning, Tom Brady, with that cool calm and collectiveness that silent confidence that can't be rattled...DID NOT PLAY LIKE THIS LAST SEASON...but there were different circumstantial factors...he was leaned on more with the pressure to go downfield to T.O....he was playing for not only his own job, but for DJ's job...he had the pressure of not having a tackle on the field that he even knew coming into the season...all culminated in him running for his life and Coach Dick and Terrell expecting miracles...it was ridiculous...no stain on Edwards in my opinion..

You know, Its the trash talking like this that can even get to the Mods and cause them to go beserk. How would you guys like to be big fans of someone and have to look at crap like this on a daily basis. I mean if you don't like someone and deal in facts or stats with your negativity I can handle it, but how about showing a little consideration to your fellow posters.

I've never understood how a fan of a certain football team can single out a particular player on the team and continue to bash him constantly on a daily basis and not realize its not helping his team, its players or the fan base in any way.

Its inconsiderate and selfish is what it is...

How 'bout some cheese with that whine, dog? Well, at least ya didn't go all 'Simon' on me!

But puh-leeze - players, coaches, GMs, and owners get relentlessly bashed here non-stop - this is the first time I've seen someone ask for a 'cease & desist' out of "consideration to your fellow posters". I take unmitigated crap for being a fan of Mike Leach, and ya don't see me whimpering in protest.

But back to the topic at hand - funny, but I can't remember anyone ever latching onto something Jim Kelly said that was so uncomfortably freakin' weird that it raised eyebrows (probably 'cause Kelly's a stud, while Trent's a wuss). You say you want facts with my 'negativity'?

FACT: Trent Edwards is a self-proclaimed Dakota Fanning fan, going so far a to proclaim the 15-year-old star (probably closer to 11 when he said it) his 'favorite actress' - a pretty strange choice for a 22-year-old PAC 10 QB, if you ask me...

Link - Get to know Trent Edwards

FACT: Fanning-Fan's tight end and Stanford roommate, Matt Traverso, is on record as having waxed his body, describing himself as "charismatic and fashionable", and carrying the handle of 'Princess' (this guy would be right at home with Johnny Weir)...

Link - Get to know Matt Traverso

I've merely reiterated what these 2 clowns have admitted in describing themselves, and provided links to those facts. How exactly could that be construed as inconsiderate and selfish? :flirt:

Here's another incontrovertible fact - Trent Edwards is about as fragile as a China doll and has finished only one complete season without injury since high school (his junior year at Stanford)...

At Stanford, Edwards sat out his freshman year in 2002 so he could concentrate on his studies, and began 2003 behind starter Chris Lewis. After an impressive showing as a back up, Edwards got the start for four games, but was then sidelined with a shoulder injury for the rest of the season. In 2004, Edwards was the starter, but again suffered injuries that knocked him out of two games and kept him out of two others entirely. Edwards' best year was 2005, where he started all 11 games, completed 168 of 268 passes for 1934 yards and 17 touchdowns, leading the Cardinal to a 5-6 record. In 2006, Edwards was the starter for the first seven games, but suffered a season-ending broken foot against Arizona and relinquished the starting role to Dan Kuntz.

(Contrast that with someone like Jim Kelly, who suffered a concussion and kept playing until he called the same running play 4 straight times and finally got sent to the bench, who played with braces on both injured knees and a flak jacket to protect broken ribs, or a mensch like Kurt Schilling pitching in the ALCS and World Series with blood soaking his sock from a ruptured tendon, and maybe you'll begin to understand why I call out the wuss from Los Gatos for his extreme fragility.)

Here's another fact about Trentie - wuss can't toss a little pill 60 feet with any accuracy or zip, even when there's no pass rush coming down on him and he knows way ahead of time the exact spot he's supposed to throw it...

Link - Trent Edwards throws like a girl

I have no problem with the guy competing in an all-out contest to determine who should be the Bills starting QB but, IMHO, Edwards is gone. An ex-Bill. Brohm, Fitz, and a free agent vet or rookie (Tebow?) will comprise the QB depth chart this Fall.

Now prove me wrong. Tell me why Trent's so great, and so tough, and - like you said - use facts, rather than 'I'm a really big TE fan and get upset when you insult him.' :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Give our quarterback, regardless of who it is a line and a competent offensive toolset and they will flourish. Look at Brees' stats the year before they drafted Rivers. Trent can get better. And one thing I took from Simon's rant earlier was that while there are some that take every shot they can at his manhood, some appreciate what he's done given the team's overall issues. Count me as one of them.

How 'bout some cheese with that whine, dog? Well, at least ya didn't go all 'Simon' on me!

But puh-leeze - players, coaches, GMs, and owners get relentlessly bashed here non-stop - this is the first time I've seen someone ask for a 'cease & desist' out of "consideration to your fellow posters". I take unmitigated crap for being a fan of Mike Leach, and ya don't see me whimpering in protest.

But back to the topic at hand - funny, but I can't remember anyone ever latching onto something Jim Kelly said that was so uncomfortably freakin' weird that it raised eyebrows (probably 'cause Kelly's a stud, while Trent's a wuss). You say you want facts with my 'negativity'?

FACT: Trent Edwards is a self-proclaimed Dakota Fanning fan, going so far a to proclaim the 15-year-old star (probably closer to 11 when he said it) his 'favorite actress' - a pretty strange choice for a 22-year-old PAC 10 QB, if you ask me...

FACT: Fanning-Fan's tight end and Stanford roommate, Matt Traverso, is on record as having waxed his body, describing himself as "charismatic and fashionable", and carrying the handle of 'Princess' (this guy would be right at home with Johnny Weir)...

I've merely reiterated what these 2 clowns have admitted in describing themselves, and provided links to those facts. How exactly could that be construed as inconsiderate and selfish? :flirt:

Here's another incontrovertible fact - Trent Edwards is about as fragile as a China doll and has finished only one complete season without injury since high school (his junior year at Stanford)...

At Stanford, Edwards sat out his freshman year in 2002 so he could concentrate on his studies, and began 2003 behind starter Chris Lewis. After an impressive showing as a back up, Edwards got the start for four games, but was then sidelined with a shoulder injury for the rest of the season. In 2004, Edwards was the starter, but again suffered injuries that knocked him out of two games and kept him out of two others entirely. Edwards' best year was 2005, where he started all 11 games, completed 168 of 268 passes for 1934 yards and 17 touchdowns, leading the Cardinal to a 5-6 record. In 2006, Edwards was the starter for the first seven games, but suffered a season-ending broken foot against Arizona and relinquished the starting role to Dan Kuntz.

(Contrast that with someone like Jim Kelly, who suffered a concussion and kept playing until he called the same running play 4 straight times and finally got sent to the bench, who played with braces on both injured knees and a flak jacket to protect broken ribs, or a mensch like Kurt Schilling pitching in the ALCS and World Series with blood soaking his sock from a ruptured tendon, and maybe you'll begin to understand why I call out the wuss from Los Gatos for his extreme fragility.)

Here's another fact about Trentie - wuss can't toss a little pill 60 feet with any accuracy or zip, even when there's no pass rush coming down on him and he knows way ahead of time the exact spot he's supposed to throw it...

I have no problem with the guy competing in an all-out contest to determine who should be the Bills starting QB but, IMHO, Edwards is gone. An ex-Bill. Brohm, Fitz, and a free agent vet or rookie (Tebow?) will comprise the QB depth chart this Fall.

Now prove me wrong. Tell me why Trent's so great, and so tough, and - like you said - use facts, rather than 'I'm a really big TE fan and get upset when you insult him.' :lol:

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :devil:

Have you ever read The Senator's posts before? They involve links, childish insults and crazy ramblings that usually involve him and Mike Leach in a hot tub with a bottle of red wine.

I guess I was right! BTW Senator, I thought your boy would have a job by now? According to you, teams would be lining up for his services!!!! :beer:

Trent has proven that he's not worthy of the job. All the Pro-Trenters use in his defense are excuses. The same excuses that could be used for Big Ben when he was getting killed the year Pitt won the SB. Rivers and Rodgers took a beating this year and produced unbelievable results. Trent is not a good QB and there is really no argument to prove that wrong. And again, he's a China-doll!

Guest dog14787

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

All that and the only real thing you have is Mary's to fragile, but in reality you could put Jim Kelly behind the same O-line/ coaching and Kelly would suffer numerous concussions/broken bones.

Trent Edwards reaction time was scientific proven fast enough to top the fastest known gunslinger in the world. His hand speed upon release is clocked at an astounding 83 miles an hour giving him in my opinion the fastest read/ react in the NFL. TE's intelligent, and he's a team comes first type of player willing to give his body up for the team on every play. Dan Marino had the same lightning fast release and became one of the best QB's that ever played the game.

Any unprotected QB becomes a China doll anyone that believes differently needs to put there sorry arses out there on the football field against the best defenses in the NFL and see how long they last without protection.

Give our quarterback, regardless of who it is a line and a competent offensive toolset and they will flourish. Look at Brees' stats the year before they drafted Rivers. Trent can get better. And one thing I took from Simon's rant earlier was that while there are some that take every shot they can at his manhood, some appreciate what he's done given the team's overall issues. Count me as one of them.

I lost whatever small modicum of respect I once had for Edwards when he puckered-up and started smooching Dick Jauron's rear-end. Apparently even interim coach Perry Fewell wasn't quite comfortable with TE as field general, thinking Fitz gave the Bills a better chance of winning games down the stretch.

But you're absolutely right about the O-line and competent offensive game plan (though Edwards had adequate offensive targets in Evans, Owens, Reed, Lynch, etc. - he just sucked so bad he couldn't figure out how to take advantage of them).

The Bills need to take care of their OT and NT needs in rounds 1 & 2, their OLB/DE needs in rounds 3-5, and use their late round picks on huge, mean, nasty, absolute freaky OL monsters like Brandon Carter, Adam Ulatoski, etc.

Build the O-line, then watch Brian Brohm thrive...

GO BILLSSS!!!!

19 and 0 baby!!!!! :lol:

Arm strength...you said nothing about his arm strength...nor did you credit him as being the mobile QB on the roster...

Okay, I did not mention arm strength. As for mobility, you think a 40 time represents that?

How about this stat: sacks

Fitzpatrick 21 in 10 games

Edwards 23 in 8 games

Not to mention Edwards is classified as a prototypical pocket QB. Mobility is NOT his strength.

As far as swagger/confidence..."He's not cocky, but he's confident, you can see that..."...."He's california mellow, but he gets the guys going when he needs to".............. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTfmCaEFe-w and a little CLUTCH anyone?????...

"not cocky, but confident", and "California mellow" are polite ways of saying the guy lacks a sack and is afraid to take chances.

And clutch: the first 4 games of 2008, Edwards scored 3 4th quarter TDs and 1 3rd quarter TD. That's it. And only 2 of those scores were done when the Bills were "behind".

And the combined record of those 4 teams? 16 wins and 48 losses.

Maybe if Edwards was a little more "cocky" during the game, we wouldn't be so "impressed" with his "clutch".

Please...this guy can be a stud

Doubt it. He's basically playing the same way he did in 2007. People are just looking for an excuse to explain his "sudden" poor play. Edwards "flaws" have become more prevalent, because defenses have figured out how to exploit those flaws.

Maybe I shouldn't have said swagger...I should have said cool calm collective and confident...no he probably isn't like Leaf, Clauson, McMahon, Namath, or like that...he's more like Joe Cool, Petyon Manning, Tom Brady, with that cool calm and collectiveness that silent confidence that can't be rattled...DID NOT PLAY LIKE THIS LAST SEASON

Funny, people used to say the same thing about Jauron. As we found out, it was not silent "confidence" Jauron was exhibiting, it was silent "clueless".

...but there were different circumstantial factors...he was leaned on more with the pressure to go downfield to T.O....he was playing for not only his own job, but for DJ's job...he had the pressure of not having a tackle on the field that he even knew coming into the season...all culminated in him running for his life and Coach Dick and Terrell expecting miracles...it was ridiculous...no stain on Edwards in my opinion..

Interesting. If we listened to the Trent lovers before the season started, they were absolutely giddy with TO (he was going to pull the double team off Evans, can't cover both, etc...), they loved the fact the Bills were running the no huddle (remember the BS about how the no huddle was going to make it easier for the young OL to block?), and how the no huddle would put the play calling in Edwards hands (an alleged strength). 8 weeks and a benching later, now the same people are complaining how Edwards was bogged down with such a crappy offense, and how he has not gotten a fair chance. (Yet, to the same people, Fitz playing in 10 games = fair chance).

As for Terrell, people also seem to gloss over the fact that Josh Reed was caught on camera complaining to the coaching staff about Edwards and his inability to read the field.

Any unprotected QB becomes a China doll anyone that believes differently needs to put there sorry arses out there on the football field against the best defenses in the NFL and see how long they last without protection.

Big Ben and Aaron Rodgers were both sacked 50 times each which tied for tops in the NFL by far. BB missed one game and Rodgers played all 16. There are guys that can take a hit and there a guys like Trent who are injury prone. The problem with Trent is that he won't make tough throws which win games AND he's fragile.

I don't think he's gay and calling him a panty waste is just silly. Did you go to the Dallas Monday nighter? I never realized that Romo rhymed with homo before that game! It ain't my style but fan is short for fanatic so relax.