Off Topic - Syracuse

Went back and re-read my post and there was no mention of hockey. Never said the game was stupid. I watch plenty of college basketball and know plenty about it. Rave on.

it's just college basketball. Just because grannies and little kids everywhere fill out brackets doesn't increase its importance.

Right.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel the same way...I am shocked and severely depressed about this. It was a VERY special season, for a VERY special team. I think Rick Jackson and Scoop Jardine blew the game at the end. If Jackson had gotten that loose ball and got the bucket, we would have been down by one possession, and then Scoop was not protecting the ball good enough at the end. Not to mention, we were taking hopeless shots in the 2nd half that we did not need, especially in the last three minutes.

If only Paul Harris and Eric Devendorf came back for another season...instead they opted to NOT get drafted.

Boeheim new exactly what he had coming this year at the end of last year and didn't want Harris or Devendorf to screw it up. He booted them as politely as he could.

I'm actually quite pleased. Even though I went to SU for two years I've always had a dislike for the place. This also shows what a joke the NCAA selection committee has become. They let in fewer and fewer mid-majors every year and bloat up on alleged power conference like the Big Least. Now the NCAA wants to expand the tourney and make mid-majors play play-in games while they add even more power conference teams? Once the Cinderellas are gone, I shut the NCAA tourney off. The first two rounds are the only ones worth watching anyway.

PTR

The teams from the Big East that lost early would have made the tourney if they were from some other conferences. They were good enough. Several years ago the ACC had the same type of conference and most of their teams went out early also. Perhaps they beat the hell out of each other all year or perhaps they think they don't have to get up for the game. Whatever, I am sure in the future conferences will again dominate the seeds, we will see when one of them actually delivers.

Yes, you are right...I said "WE."

Syracuse is my team. I used to go to camp there EVERY summer. Met Bernie Fine and Jimmy Boeheim. Actually, I had many conversations with them during our down time at camp. Played Mike Hopkins 1 on 1, same with Jason Cipolla, Lazarus Sims and John Wallace.

Just as WE all talk about the Bills and Sabres, referring to "WE."

And no, if Onuaku was playing...WE would have WON that game. I take NOTHING away from Butler, they are a good team...however, Syracuse was the better team this year...just not tonight, because WE were missing OUR most dominant force in the paint. Not to mention...'Cuse had 19 turnovers and Kris Joseph only had 6 points. That was HUGE.

Syracuse LOST this game...Butler did not WIN it.

Don't come on here for the sake of starting an argument...I will refer to MY TEAMS however the !@#$ I want. Plus, it's not like my assessment of what Syracuse did wrong, IS wrong...I am completely on point.

Nice try! :flirt:

:lol:

I was rooting for Cornell...I actually, had them as my surprise in the 1st round. But, my bracket went to crap when 'Cuse lost...and now with Kentucky out. They were my final.

I have seen all but 2 Syracuse games and can not beleieve they do not go to Wes as the "go to Guy" that he is. They should have made sure when they went up by 4 and he made 2 in a row that he got the ball off a screen, had a screen on the ball or isolated him one v one every time up the court. Best player should have had the ball at the end. Can't believ e rautins and Scoup did not make sure he got it also as they were unselfish all year long. Not a great coaching job. I also beleieve you can not just strictly play zone all the time. Need to switch it up. They should hire a man/man def specialty coach next year. They did make 9 million in profit off this team this year, which is 4th in the NCAA so maybe they should invest in one more asst coach. Hopkins almost took over at the end of last year and has been running practices so time may be near. I think if the orange won the NCAA tourny JB would have left obn top. Maybe one more year now that we get weiters and Fabricio melo as chief recruits.