Lefevour's Pro Day Today

H2o

I don't understand the exaggerated fervor over LeFevour. I haven't seen a draft value ranking which places him higher than a 3rd round ranking. From everything I have read about him he is a developmental qb, which means that it is going to take years to get him to the point where he can contribute as a starting qb.

I did watch him in a championship game against Troy. Dan LeFevour played very well. He played in a spread offense and threw the ball all over the field. The opposing qb was Levi Brown. From what I saw of him he played just as well as DL and he also had a very similar style of game of effectively throwing the ball around in a spread.

The Bills need to use their first two picks to get bigger on the lines. Unless the OL is dramatically improved the offense, no matter who the qb is, will not be able to function at a competent level. If The Bills' scouts determine that DL has the potential to be starting qb then go ahead and draft him in the third round. He should still be on the board at that point. If not, so what. No matter what the LeFevour loyalists might make him out to be he is not the second coming of the Steeler's Ben Rothlesburg.

My guess is Buddy will be sleeping and Gailey will have the tape and never watch it.

- Everyone has heard that Nix went to bed when FA opened, but I also read a quote from Gailey saying he has a tape of Tebows pro day and hasnt watched it yet - what is he doing with his time? A fan on this board watched it in person, and I bet everyone else has seen a tape of it - yet the HC hasnt looked at it yet? The draft is 30 days away what are they waiting for?

I have a strong feeling we still have a joke FO.

I don't understand the exaggerated fervor over LeFevour. I haven't seen a draft value ranking which places him higher than a 3rd round ranking. From everything I have read about him he is a developmental qb, which means that it is going to take years to get him to the point where he can contribute as a starting qb.

I did watch him in a championship game against Troy. Dan LeFevour played very well. He played in a spread offense and threw the ball all over the field. The opposing qb was Levi Brown. From what I saw of him he played just as well as DL and he also had a very similar style of game of effectively throwing the ball around in a spread.

The Bills need to use their first two picks to get bigger on the lines. Unless the OL is dramatically improved the offense, no matter who the qb is, will not be able to function at a competent level. If The Bills' scouts determine that DL has the potential to be starting qb then go ahead and draft him in the third round. He should still be on the board at that point. If not, so what. No matter what the LeFevour loyalists might make him out to be he is not the second coming of the Steeler's Ben Rothlesburg.

I don't think anyone here is looking at him higher than the third round. But there, he is an interesting pick.

Nix's criteria for players: have lots of starts/wins to their name.

After the Maybin pick last year, this was a trend I noticed in all our 2009 picks. If we don't nab a quarterback in the first round (don't think we will), and we don't get our starter through trades/FA (or even if we do), I wouldn't be surprised to see Nix and co. snag a mid-major stand out in late rounds, assuming they match Nix's criteria (assload of starts, most of them wins).

I don't follow college football, and certainly don't know a damn thing about "mid-major stand outs," but DLF is certainly one. I doubt he's available late, given his notoriety, but I don't know if the player I'm referring to even exists in this year's draft, aside from DLF.

Anybody?

My guess is Buddy will be sleeping and Gailey will have the tape and never watch it.

- Everyone has heard that Nix went to bed when FA opened, but I also read a quote from Gailey saying he has a tape of Tebows pro day and hasnt watched it yet - what is he doing with his time? A fan on this board watched it in person, and I bet everyone else has seen a tape of it - yet the HC hasnt looked at it yet? The draft is 30 days away what are they waiting for?

Alert, alert, another one of those who thinks complete change in the FO, and a respected FO man leading it, is a sham without giving them a chance. ALERT!

Maybe Tebow is really, REALLY, wrong for the Bills given all factors. You Know the complete overhaul of the team and the complete overhaul of him as a QB.

Just like Buddy missed nothing by going to bed, Tebow wont be drafted by the Bills, therefore Chan misses nothing by letting the tape collect dust.

Actually if you read the scouting reports and not just assume that he went to Central Michigan so then he must be 3rd round or later and be a project QB, you'll see that almost everyone has him graded mid 2nd right now. Its not likely he will be there at 3.09.

If he does well at pro day he moves up and 2.09 makes sense. If he sucks at Pro Day - then your BS statement will end up being true through dumb luck.

Here are two reports from a few respected sites so you can actually do some research instead of making up nonsense.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dspro...0&genpos=QB

http://www.nfldraft101.com/profiles/79972/Dan_LeFevour.jsp

Draft Projection: Second

Overall Rank: 51

NFL Draft Position (Rank): Quarterback (3)

Strengths

* Athletic quarterback who has flown under the radar at Central Michigan

* Excellent intangibles and a true competitor who maximizes his talent

* Accurate passer who throws a very catchable ball

* Displays poise in the pocket - Above average awareness

* More patient than he is given credit for. Has good football intelligence

* Passed for 3,000 yards and rushed for 1,000 yards in the same season in 2007

* A passer who can run not a runner who can pass

* Excellent mobility

* Measured a legitimate 6'3 at the Senior Bowl alleviating height concerns

* Good mechanics

* Had a good week at the Senior Bowl - showed an ability to make drops and better than expected arm strength

Weaknesses

* Arm strength is solid but far from a cannon

* Spread QB who will need to learn to take snaps from center.

* Needs to improve his footwork

* Must prove he can make reads in a pro style offense

* Not a true pocket passer - May not fit all schemes

* Needs to have strong workouts to answer his skeptics - strong showing at the Senior Bowl was a good start

because, you know, the bills didnt bring tebow in for a private workout or anything.

but dont let my facts get in the way of your perceived truths

I think we have to address the offensive line and then a few other needs before taking a chance on a third rounder like Lefevour. I say this not because LeFevour is bad, and some team with fewer needs might take him in round two or three and be very very pleased with him. I just don't think we have the luxury of overlooking glaring areas of need in the trenches with our earlier picks. The "scatback" in round 4 or 5? I could live with it, although I would rather see us going in other directions.

Actually if you read the scouting reports and not just assume that he went to Central Michigan so then he must be 3rd round or later and be a project QB, you'll see that almost everyone has him graded mid 2nd right now. Its not likely he will be there at 3.09.

If he does well at pro day he moves up and 2.09 makes sense. If he sucks at Pro Day - then your BS statement will end up being true through dumb luck.

Here are two reports from a few respected sites so you can actually do some research instead of making up nonsense.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dspro...0&genpos=QB

http://www.nfldraft101.com/profiles/79972/Dan_LeFevour.jsp

Draft Projection: Second

Overall Rank: 51

NFL Draft Position (Rank): Quarterback (3)

Strengths

* Athletic quarterback who has flown under the radar at Central Michigan

* Excellent intangibles and a true competitor who maximizes his talent

* Accurate passer who throws a very catchable ball

* Displays poise in the pocket - Above average awareness

* More patient than he is given credit for. Has good football intelligence

* Passed for 3,000 yards and rushed for 1,000 yards in the same season in 2007

* A passer who can run not a runner who can pass

* Excellent mobility

* Measured a legitimate 6'3 at the Senior Bowl alleviating height concerns

* Good mechanics

* Had a good week at the Senior Bowl - showed an ability to make drops and better than expected arm strength

Weaknesses

* Arm strength is solid but far from a cannon

* Spread QB who will need to learn to take snaps from center.

* Needs to improve his footwork

* Must prove he can make reads in a pro style offense

* Not a true pocket passer - May not fit all schemes

* Needs to have strong workouts to answer his skeptics - strong showing at the Senior Bowl was a good start

wow good point, here's another respected site:

http://draftinsider.net/rankings

*10th rated quarterback

*6th round prospect

*Overrated signal caller with marginal throwing mechanics and intangibles. Passes with an inconsistent motion, does not throw tight spirals and usually has receivers waiting on the ball. Sensational athlete but needs a lot of work on his throwing mechanics.

you can find anything said about any of these guys. mcshay hates clausen and says he'll fall out for first round. its all someones opinion, not "research"

*10th rated quarterback

*6th round prospect

*Overrated signal caller with marginal throwing mechanics and intangibles. Passes with an inconsistent motion, does not throw tight spirals and usually has receivers waiting on the ball. Sensational athlete but needs a lot of work on his throwing mechanics.

you can find anything said about any of these guys. mcshay hates clausen and says he'll fall out for first round. its all someones opinion, not "research"

Interesting. I've read atleast 5 different sites. I've never seen him get crushed so hard. Those dudes really don't like him.

You're right its all opinion but when you have a lot of football people talk good about a guy. There is usually a reason.

As far as the Bills drafting a QB my opinion is 1.) Don't draft any QB. We have enough "projects" on the roster.

2.) If any QB out of this sorry lot is going to be drafted by the Bills I like the highlight tape and what I watched of him during the GMAC Bowl Game* and the senior bowl. I would be OK with taking him at 3.09. If its 2.09 I won't be psyched but that would mean more of commitment to the organization to this kid.

3.) If any other QB is taken in any other round it would be a mistake. Not alot of talent and 1.09 for Clausen is waaaay too early.

But like you said its just opinions.

* BTW if you ever get a chance to watch the 2010 GMAC game it was freaking awesome 2OT thriller. Tons of points all around. You will be entertained and you can watch the kid yourself.

* BTW if you ever get a chance to watch the 2010 GMAC game it was freaking awesome 2OT thriller. Tons of points all around. You will be entertained and you can watch the kid yourself.

I did watch that game. It was one of the more entertaining college games I have seen in a long time. Both offenses were moving up and down the field at will. In that same game the qb for Troy, Levi Brown, played at the same level as DL. Both qbs were consistently making plays against the defense.

Would I take LeFevour in the second round? Absolutely not. The Bills OL as it presently stands will not allow any qb a fair chance to develop and succeed. Even if the Bills took an OT in the first round they still need additional players to add depth to an already thin line. Look what happened last year when the line had injuries and needed replacements? Bringing back a limited player such as Chambers was an absurdity. When you have to scour the practive squads of bottom feeding teams in the early part of the season to get backup players then that is an indictment of a failed organization.

Interesting. I've read atleast 5 different sites. I've never seen him get crushed so hard. Those dudes really don't like him.

You're right its all opinion but when you have a lot of football people talk good about a guy. There is usually a reason.

As far as the Bills drafting a QB my opinion is 1.) Don't draft any QB. We have enough "projects" on the roster.

2.) If any QB out of this sorry lot is going to be drafted by the Bills I like the highlight tape and what I watched of him during the GMAC Bowl Game* and the senior bowl. I would be OK with taking him at 3.09. If its 2.09 I won't be psyched but that would mean more of commitment to the organization to this kid.

3.) If any other QB is taken in any other round it would be a mistake. Not alot of talent and 1.09 for Clausen is waaaay too early.

i read a ton as well, and i consistently see bradford, clausen, mccoy, skelton, jarrett brown, tony pike, jevan snead and tim tebow rated in front of him. a pass happy scheme, similar to the one tebow ran, where the offense lines up in shotgun (of course) and the coach signals the plays in from the sidelines doesnt allow for a solid translation of those skills to the NFL. he never lined up under center, took a pre-snap read on the defense and got the team out of bad plays into good one, made sight adjustments with the WR's, etc. coaches did all of that for him throughout his college career. combine these with the fact that he has been inaccurate throughout the pre-draft process and you have a third-fifth round prospect. im not saying he wont be drafted early, im saying if he is its a reach. hes a project player at best.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=1588

"Opinions are mixed on the throwing workout of quarterback Dan LeFevour. His short and intermediate passes were solid but LeFevour struggled throwing the ball downfield. Receivers were slowing up in their routes to catch the ball and in some instances out-running LeFevours deep passes altogether. One of the participants told us LeFevour had been throwing the ball well in the practices leading up to the pro-day workout and may have been a little to pumped up once the lights went on for pro-day."

i personally like him, in the 4th or 5th round, i think he does a lot of what tebow does, but is more of a natural quarterback, needs to learn the footwork/mechanics of being under center, and probably needs work breaking down def's, going through his reads, etc

**additional word from his pro day is that he chose to throw to very few moving targets, a fact that was not lost amongst scouts in attendance**

*10th rated quarterback

*6th round prospect

i read a ton as well, and i consistently see bradford, clausen, mccoy, skelton, jarrett brown, tony pike, jevan snead and tim tebow rated in front of him. a pass happy scheme, similar to the one tebow ran, where the offense lines up in shotgun (of course) and the coach signals the plays in from the sidelines doesnt allow for a solid translation of those skills to the NFL. he never lined up under center, took a pre-snap read on the defense and got the team out of bad plays into good one, made sight adjustments with the WR's, etc. coaches did all of that for him throughout his college career. combine these with the fact that he has been inaccurate throughout the pre-draft process and you have a third-fifth round prospect. im not saying he wont be drafted early, im saying if he is its a reach. hes a project player at best.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=1588

"Opinions are mixed on the throwing workout of quarterback Dan LeFevour. His short and intermediate passes were solid but LeFevour struggled throwing the ball downfield. Receivers were slowing up in their routes to catch the ball and in some instances out-running LeFevour’s deep passes altogether. One of the participants told us LeFevour had been throwing the ball well in the practices leading up to the pro-day workout and may have been a little to pumped up once the lights went on for pro-day."

i personally like him, in the 4th or 5th round, i think he does a lot of what tebow does, but is more of a natural quarterback, needs to learn the footwork/mechanics of being under center, and probably needs work breaking down def's, going through his reads, etc

**additional word from his pro day is that he chose to throw to very few moving targets, a fact that was not lost amongst scouts in attendance**

Why dont you just develop your own opinions on the guy rather than argue about other peoples?

IMO, Lefevour has little to offer the NFL, which will be reflected in his draft position and the success - or lack thereof - he has throughout his career (which I believe will be short)

See hoe easy it is!!!!!

Opinions of Central Michigan QB Dan LeFevour's passing were reportedly "mixed" after he threw for evaluators at his Pro Day.

LeFevour didn't throw to moving targets in Indianapolis, so he needed a big day to motivate his draft stock. However, LeFevour "struggled throwing the ball downfield," which isn't surprising considering his lack of ideal arm strength. Receivers reportedly had to slow down their routes frequently to haul in his throws, with some "out-running LeFevour's deep passes altogether."

Source: TFY Draft Insider

Can we put this 2nd - 3rd round nonsense talk to bed now? He might be a good project for a dome team but not for the Bills.

Alert, alert, another one of those who thinks complete change in the FO, and a respected FO man leading it, is a sham without giving them a chance. ALERT!

Maybe Tebow is really, REALLY, wrong for the Bills given all factors. You Know the complete overhaul of the team and the complete overhaul of him as a QB.

Just like Buddy missed nothing by going to bed, Tebow wont be drafted by the Bills, therefore Chan misses nothing by letting the tape collect dust.

Unless they trade for McNabb. Then Tebow will be on the table.

Or they're not interested in Teblow....

Or they're not interested in Teblow....

or they are lying, OMG, no F'in way, a coach lying about any and all things draft related, thats completely and utterly inconceivable!!!!!

But really I hope they dont draft Tebow, it really would be a bad move