Has Buffalo ever had a more overrated RB than Marshawn Lynch?

ok first off marshawn lynch is a F****ng idiot.. With that said, i do not think hes overrated at all.. look what he did two seasons ago. He made something out of nothing on almost every play. remember that game against cincy where he broke 2 tackles in the backfield for a 50+ yard touchdown then threw for a td?? he lit it up 2 seasons ago and had a bad season last year 1. because he was suspended for the first three games 2. hes an idiot. if he gets his act together hes definitely a top RB in the NFL. yah hes a scum bag but so isnt ray lewis, albert haynesworth, vick, and big ben, but look they preform/ed on the field.

No kidding...

He was runner up as Rookie of the year to Peterson. He is a very good running back who is on a ****ty team, with no passing game and a horrendous offensive line. Not to mention he played for coaches in Jauron and Fewell who player their favorites. Fred Jackson only got that starting job because Lynch got suspended.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a homerun hitter who only went deep twice last year.

He's a "beast" that gets stood up at the line of scrimmage.

He's a punk ass B word that snatches $20s out of the hands of women.

As far as I can see, he's a poor man's Adrienne Peterson, and by poor man I mean broke ass bum living on the streets eating out of a dumpster poor. I'd take a 5th round pick and a bag of chips for this POS.

:lol:

His first year i thought he had a great attitude but could tell he wasn't the small town type. As a fan though i liked his production & the hole beast mode thing . But when the troubles started he seemed to change a bit . As for the kind of back the fans love in Buffalo Action Freddy Jackson is exactly what the Dr. ordered, reminds me a lot of #34 TT :cry: . It wouldn't really bother me if Nix (having the California connection) would either trade Marshawn to Oakland(his home town) for the RB Micheal Bush out of Louisville (which Bromm & Wood played with in college) or send him to SD for a draft pick and draft CJ Spiller in the first round, which would sure be a great pick for the future and an instant impact player to boot ,what a 1 - 2 punch that would be !! Either combo would be more a Buffalo set of backs ,especially if Bush was the same back he was in school . Heck send Marshawn to Oak for Bush & draft Spiller too -- WHAT A GROUND GAME THAT WOULD BE !!!!! JACKSON - SPILLER & BUSH !!! OYE VAY I'm verclempt !!

(sorry got carried away :blush:)

Don't know if I'm the first to say it but -

I think is going to be the starter this year in Gailey's offense he fits the profile of the type of running back he likes to use. We all know they guy is a punk hopefully he'll grow out of it but his upside is much much higher than Jackson and again he fits the Gailey RB profile. He will have a power running game with a banging back going all the way back to Bobby Humphrey to Bettis through Emmitt even LaMar Smith was a bruiser over 230 pounds then Larry Johnson. Jackson is bigger than some people think but he's not a punisher like Lynch

ok first off marshawn lynch is a F****ng idiot.. With that said, i do not think hes overrated at all.. look what he did two seasons ago. He made something out of nothing on almost every play. remember that game against cincy where he broke 2 tackles in the backfield for a 50+ yard touchdown then threw for a td?? he lit it up 2 seasons ago and had a bad season last year 1. because he was suspended for the first three games 2. hes an idiot. if he gets his act together hes definitely a top RB in the NFL. yah hes a scum bag but so isnt ray lewis, albert haynesworth, vick, and big ben, but look they preform/ed on the field.

i agree that marshawn is (hopefully was) an idiot and that he's not overrated at all.

I don't agree with the comparison to lewis, haynesworth, vick, and roethlisberger. those are guys who have committed or been involved with serious violent crimes. it seems to me marshawn has made some easily avoidable mistakes, but are certainly not on the level of the others, and i wouldn't call him a scum bag.

i'm sure there's a large number of nfl players who smoke weed and own guns, they just are smarter about not getting caught. as far as the "hit and run" incident, that could happen to anybody and i believe his side of it. have you ever drove down chippewa at 2 in the morning? there's tons of people running through traffic and bumping into cars...

anyway, i hope that somebody, maybe even freddy, has taken him under their wing and taught him that his career won't last unless he smartens up. and maybe he has- he hasn;t been in trouble since his suspension

As far as I can see, he's a poor man's Adrienne Peterson, and by poor man I mean broke ass bum living on the streets eating out of a dumpster poor. I'd take a 5th round pick and a bag of chips for this POS.

wow I dont know where you get your info from but your a funny lil guy..

his style is not bust a long run..so your wrong there...

what game was it he got stood up at the line BECAUSE I HAVE NEVER SEEN THAT A DAY IN LIFE... marshawn always drags atleast 2 players..thats his style...he fights for yards thats what a beast does...your wrong again...

and i need proof he stole $20 dollars not gossip..why bring that up with no proof????

and marshawn may not be better than AP but he holds on to the ball..LOL..he doesnt have a bad case of fumbleitis like AP...lol..i bet you would have traded up joe montana for 20 red skittles, 5 blue m&ms and 4 reese cups huh?....

But the he is a complete dumbass I cant front on that...LMAO.... :cry:

absolutely mindless fact less post!

How highly rated is Lynch? People seem more interested in dumping him for a middle round pick then naming him the franchise all-star. And virtually nobody thinks he's better than Fred Jackson. I mean, if you think he's rated as a replacement player and is actually a UFL player, then fine, but I don't think he's thought of that highly.

i bet you would have traded up joe montana for 20 red skittles, 5 blue m&ms and 4 reese cups huh?....

I would have made them throw in a coke to wash it down.

In all seriouseness, I don't think he sucks, and I'd wouldn't want to see him go for less than a third. I still think he could develop.

I just don't understand all the "beast mode" stuff. I don't see him push the pile and get the tough yards I keep hearing about. He makes some big plays, but he gets stopped short a lot, whereas Fred Jackson gets the steady yards that move the sticks.

Add to that all the BS he gets into and I could do w/o him. But if he scored double digit tds next year I may change my tune.

This is by one of the worst arguments that i've ever read on this site......for you that say that marshawn cant push the pile is absolutely ridiculous. You can probably count on one hand the number of time that he was taken down by one guy or after first contact. His character and all the dumb stuff he says and does is irrelevant and has no purpose being brought up in this argument. We literally had one of the three worst offensive lines in the nfl since we drafted him some of the worst play calling ever seen. I mean AVP went from coaching the UB quarterback one week to being our offensive coordinator the next. There are so many other players that warrant the "overrated" comment...(Whitner, Peerless Price, Ruben Brown, Aaron Schobel) just to name a few......This guy is so young and still has a lot of growing up to do but he hurts defenders on just about every carry and wears them down. But if you all do get your wish and we ship him somewhere else with a decent running game you will be sorry.........Also nobody mentioned Shawn Bryson

Never really had Lynch highly rated to begin with. I think he can be good with a consitent offensive line in front of him. He seemed to have tried to bulk up or add muscle last offseason and this may have hurt him. Willing to give him another shot under the new regime.

MArshawn is not overrated! His o line just sucks. Freddy is only more productive because his style fits in better with buffalos crappy line, where as marshawn needs more room to get yards. There are 2 big reasons why the bills must keep Lynch:

1. In the nfl today it is a necessity to have at least 2 very good rbs which we have and should not ruin!

2. HE WILL ONLY BE 24 COME SEPTEMBER AND WILL EVEN BE YOUNGER THAN SOME ROOKIES COMING OUT OF THE DRAFT THIS YEAR AND ALREADY HAS 3 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE AND A PRO BOWL UNDER HIS BELT! FREDDY IS GOING TO BE 30 SOON AND INJURIES MAY PLAGUE HIM. KEEP LYNCH!!!!!!!!!!

Don't know if I'm the first to say it but -

I think is going to be the starter this year in Gailey's offense he fits the profile of the type of running back he likes to use. We all know they guy is a punk hopefully he'll grow out of it but his upside is much much higher than Jackson and again he fits the Gailey RB profile. He will have a power running game with a banging back going all the way back to Bobby Humphrey to Bettis through Emmitt even LaMar Smith was a bruiser over 230 pounds then Larry Johnson. Jackson is bigger than some people think but he's not a punisher like Lynch

Totally disagree, Lynch can be a power runner, but he has proven he has difficulty catching passes out of the backfield, which is a big problem with an offense as bad as ours. Jackson has proven for the most part to be consistent in terms of what you see is what you get. Lynch is a conundrum, what side of him you are going to see you never know... at one point I believe that Lynch did have a higher upside than Jackson, but after the antics of Marshawn on and off the field, that gap has narrowed significantly

This is by one of the worst arguments that i've ever read on this site......for you that say that marshawn cant push the pile is absolutely ridiculous. You can probably count on one hand the number of time that he was taken down by one guy or after first contact. His character and all the dumb stuff he says and does is irrelevant and has no purpose being brought up in this argument. We literally had one of the three worst offensive lines in the nfl since we drafted him some of the worst play calling ever seen. I mean AVP went from coaching the UB quarterback one week to being our offensive coordinator the next. There are so many other players that warrant the "overrated" comment...(Whitner, Peerless Price, Ruben Brown, Aaron Schobel) just to name a few......This guy is so young and still has a lot of growing up to do but he hurts defenders on just about every carry and wears them down. But if you all do get your wish and we ship him somewhere else with a decent running game you will be sorry.........Also nobody mentioned Shawn Bryson

I was wondering if Shawn Bryson was going to get brought up. You were actually making a good point until you mentioned Schobel and then it all fell apart.

most overrated rb IMO is Peterson. I had him on my fantasy team last year and so i know for a fact that he only got his yards against shity defenses (plays the lions, packers, bears 2 times a year) and was only 5th in the league in rushin even though he has a stellar offensive line. He got 600 yards less then chris johnson who's o line and qb are not nearly as good. And his league leading 18 TDs were bull **** because 14 of them were of 5 yards or less, most of them being about 1 yard scores. I believe Marshawn would be better than peterson if they switched teams.