Matt hasselbeck

Matt Hasselbeck is a slightly less successful Trent Dilfer, IMO.

That's an interesting take. Dilfer does have a Super Bowl ring...he started 8 regular season games and all four playoff games for the Baltimore Ravens who rode their great defense to a victory in the 2000 Super Bowl.

Matt Hasselbeck doesn't have a Super Bowl victory although he and his Seahawks were jobbed by the worst-officiated Super Bowl in history when they lost to the Steelers in 2005.

But if not winning a Super Bowl makes Hasselbeck less successful than Dilfer, that means that Dan Marino is less successful than Jeff Hostetler.

The truth is that Hasselbeck has had a much better career than Trent Dilfer. More Pro Bowls (3 to 1) and MUCH better lifetime stats and MUCH better record as a starter.

If you care about the truth, you'll have to revise your hierarchy of quarterbacks.

He's in the last year of a contract at $5.75m.

Not a very costly gamble. They wasted $6m on T.O. last year.

If he comes in and retruns to form, its a win-win. We won't be stuck with a longterm deal if he sucks and he can mentor Brohm and whomever we draft. I love his attitude.

I think it would be a great move.

Hasselbeck is washed up...so he'll probably come here and get beat out by Trent Edwards and be a waste of a few million...

Hasselbeck's worst statistical season last year was far better than anything we could ever dream to get out of Trent.

Hasselbeck might be washed up. But Trent is a "Never was and never going to be".

Hasselbeck is washed up...so he'll probably come here and get beat out by Trent Edwards and be a waste of a few million...

HA ole trent couldnt even beat out Fitz hell he's never beat anyone out, even JP Losman he didnt beat out Dickie proclaimed him the starter. Hasselback is injury prone and too old go get thingpen case closed

Hasselbeck's worst statistical season last year was far better than anything we could ever dream to get out of Trent.

Hasselbeck might be washed up. But Trent is a "Never was and never going to be".

All our QB's combined had the same amount of TD's and two more picks...but Hasselwack got five hundred more yards...not a huge upgrade IMO...why waste the money or roster spot...we want upgrades...not just a name change

Im all for it. About a month and a half back I suggested this. I hope that Edwards is cut loose that Hass is brought in, Fitz is the backup and we draft a QB to develop either this year or next (prolly next since the QB depth in this draft isnt that great and we need a LT soooo bad).

Trent Edwards is going to be just fine...Lynch and Jackson run that offense for now...until we find something else...you're right an OT is a NECESSITY at this point...I've NEVER seen such a poor performance of an offensive line in my life (last season Bills OLine)...I was like Peyton Manning couldn't turn this around...it was ridiculous

Trent Edwards is going to be just fine...Lynch and Jackson run that offense for now...until we find something else...you're right an OT is a NECESSITY at this point...I've NEVER seen such a poor performance of an offensive line in my life (last season Bills OLine)...I was like Peyton Manning couldn't turn this around...it was ridiculous

Are you actually Trent or maybe the president of his fan club?

You are one of a quickly decreasing number of devout Trent backers.

I never saw the greatness in him that many of you did and I am ready to be done with him.

Are you actually Trent or maybe the president of his fan club?

You are one of a quickly decreasing number of devout Trent backers.

I never saw the greatness in him that many of you did and I am ready to be done with him.

heheheheheh...no I'm not actually Trent, but people used to say the same thing back on BB.com about me actually being ugh Rob Johnson hehehee...so take what I say about QB's with a grain of salt...I thought RJ was going to be something great heheheh...but at any rate, I continue to give my opinions...

It's like I've said in the past, I'm very good assessing DLinemen, OLinemen, and LB's...I'm horrible with QB's...like really horrible...I also said Leaf would be better than Manning...and that Cade McNown would turn out to be a good one

heheheheheh...no I'm not actually Trent, but people used to say the same thing back on BB.com about me actually being ugh Rob Johnson hehehee...so take what I say about QB's with a grain of salt...I thought RJ was going to be something great heheheh...but at any rate, I continue to give my opinions...

It's like I've said in the past, I'm very good assessing DLinemen, OLinemen, and LB's...I'm horrible with QB's...like really horrible...I also said Leaf would be better than Manning...and that Cade McNown would turn out to be a good one

Nice. I have a Rob Johnson jersey rotting in my closet myself. So, I'm with you. I just can't get there with Trent. He is just to wimpy. I want a QB to go out and make some plays and take some chances. I hated listening to him say how he took what the defense gave him and that teams took away T.O. and Trent. He just isn't a real NFL QB in my opinion.

I cannot bear to watch him play anymore.