Ty Warren sacrifices bonus for education

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4999283

Thought this was worth posting.

Good for him getting his degree and having the foresight to know there's life after football. Most of these guys make tons of money but don't know how to handle it, spend it all during their career and wind up broke shortly after they retire.

He's doing it for himself and for his kids. I respect that a lot.

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=4999283

Thought this was worth posting.

Good for him getting his degree and having the foresight to know there's life after football. Most of these guys make tons of money but don't know how to handle it, spend it all during their career and wind up broke shortly after they retire.

He's doing it for himself and for his kids. I respect that a lot.

I think the sentiment is excellent, but it doesn't make much financial sense to me to walk away from $250K to take some college classes. Couldn't he just wait until he retired from pro football to finish his degree?

my dislike for new england trancends anything that might be viewed as a "positive" in a life choice by a player. i hate that team , their coach, their owner, their fans. i dont give a sh-t about anything but the bills kicking their ass!.. i just want it to happen..

I think he is setting a great role model for not only his kids but other athletes as well. So many players try to cash in at the pro level but few make it or make it big enough to retire on their NFL earnings. Unless you land a coaching or commentator job after you retire, you will likely turn to another profession

I think he is setting a great role model for not only his kids but other athletes as well. So many players try to cash in at the pro level but few make it or make it big enough to retire on their NFL earnings. Unless you land a coaching or commentator job after you retire, you will likely turn to another profession

i think it should be a given , not something to be applauded.its akin to making a big deal about an absentee father paying child support!..

I think he's doing it more to be an example for his kids than anything.

that is commendable, but my point is that how many men do that , men who are not in the limelight such as warren. what makes warren so special?, not trying to sound like a hard guy here, but it is commendable, but it should be the norm, not something to be set apart from real people in the real world.

that is commendable, but my point is that how many men do that , men who are not in the limelight such as warren. what makes warren so special?, not trying to sound like a hard guy here, but it is commendable, but it should be the norm, not something to be set apart from real people in the real world.

It should be the norm. But isn't

What he's done is quite respectable. He did the right thing and the smart thing when so few in his profession don't. I think it also could serve as an example to his NFL co-workers.