Browns sign Benjamin Watson

bobcat

Come on---he's the TE on a team where the top 2 WRs account for over 200 catches and 2500 yards in a season! He had 5 TDs last year as the 3rd or 4th option.

No thought went into that post.

Someone had to catch those passes. :censored:

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2010 7:05 AM ET

Benjamin Watson is a Cleveland Brown.

Watson, a free agent tight end who played his entire six-year career with the New England Patriots, has signed a three-year deal with the Browns. As first reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter, it's a $12 million contract with $6.35 million guaranteed.

A league source who confirmed the deal to PFT says the $6.35 million guaranteed will be paid out completely in the first year of the deal.

The 29-year-old Watson played in all 16 games for the Patriots last season, starting seven and catching 29 passes for 404 yards and five touchdowns.

2 of those came in 3 mins against the bills :censored:

Watson actually drops alot of passes if you look we are not the only teams taking this approach and I believe we will be ok with Nelson and Schouman.

watson killed us in the opener,and helped the pats come from behind and beat us again.....im just glad they lose another veteran who knows the offense well.rookies will take time to develop and learn offense

Posted by Michael David Smith on March 12, 2010 7:05 AM ET

Benjamin Watson is a Cleveland Brown.

Watson, a free agent tight end who played his entire six-year career with the New England Patriots, has signed a three-year deal with the Browns. As first reported by ESPN's Adam Schefter, it's a $12 million contract with $6.35 million guaranteed.

A league source who confirmed the deal to PFT says the $6.35 million guaranteed will be paid out completely in the first year of the deal.

The 29-year-old Watson played in all 16 games for the Patriots last season, starting seven and catching 29 passes for 404 yards and five touchdowns.

Sadly, I vividly remember a couple of those passes he caught.

but I thought their TE position was solidified for years to come w/ their signing last year of Robert Royal?

Yesterday was the 4th Anniversary of the day that Robert Royal signed with the Buffalo Bills.

I really liked Watson coming out of college. He was a really athlete and a smart guy. But he's been a disappointed in NE. If you can't put up #s with Brady as your QB, I doubt you will with anyone else. How many players leave NE and come back to haunt them?

Watson has been a disappointment. That's a consensus from the people who've watched his whole career...Patriot fans.

In my eyes, he has great measurables...straight line speed, size, strength, etc. But if you've watched Ben Watson carefully, you'll see a stiff, upright, player who has very little football instincts.

Is he better than the tight ends currently on the Bills?

Yes.

Would he make any sort of difference in wins and losses next year?

No.