All this talk of QBs

nodnarb

Yeah, he played at Fordham, but his size, arm strength and release are tops in this draft. Bet he won't last past the third round I'd be pretty stoked if we pick him. Our new QB coach went to his pro day, so there's clearly some level of interest there.

Yeah, he played at Fordham, but his size, arm strength and release are tops in this draft. Bet he won't last past the third round I'd be pretty stoked if we pick him. Our new QB coach went to his pro day, so there's clearly some level of interest there.

I've heard of him! :rolleyes: I don't know a thing about him though. What are the negatives (besides Fordham)?

Myself and several others have mentioned him and I am glad we are checking him out. I first heard of him just before the combine and it was on these boards so we are aware of him.

True...don't know much about him but looking at the combine video, he looks promising...but what do I know abotu QB scouting.

Since our QB coach was there, you are right, it does show a level of interest? 3rd round? Question is was Cortez (Buffalo's QB coach) one of the two coaches that left with a 3rd round grade on the guy?

True...don't know much about him but looking at the combine video, he looks promising...but what do I know abotu QB scouting.

Since our QB coach was there, you are right, it does show a level of interest? 3rd round? Question is was Cortez (Buffalo's QB coach) one of the two coaches that left with a 3rd round grade on the guy?

That's the million dollar question. For what it's worth I think he was. I think theres a 75 percent chance the Bill's take Skelton or Snead in the 3rd.

per rotoworld

Two NFL teams reportedly left the Fordham Pro Day Tuesday with a third-round grade on QB John Skelton.

Skelton showed improved accuracy and his typically powerful arm during an impressive workout. The four-year starter appears to be making a strong case to be one of the first four or five QBs drafted in April. According to NFL.com's Gil Brandt, Eagles OC Marty Mornhinweg, Bengals QBs coach Ken Zampese, and Bills QBs coach George Cortez were among those on hand.

No problem with taking this guy in the 5th or later, but he is a long-shot. Really, beyond Bradford and Clausen, the

other QBs in this draft are much closer to long-shots than sure-things. Even Bradford and Clausen are not sure-things,

but they are head and shoulders above the other QB prospects.

I'd go so far as to say, I wouldn't consider any of the other QBs in the draft before round 3 and even there I'd hesitate.

I'd rather see them get a guy at another position that has a good chance of developing into a starter or at least

strong backup than to spend a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a QB who likely will never be more than an NFL backup.

I'd go so far as to say, I wouldn't consider any of the other QBs in the draft before round 3 and even there I'd hesitate.

I'd rather see them get a guy at another position that has a good chance of developing into a starter or at least

strong backup than to spend a 2nd or 3rd rounder on a QB who likely will never be more than an NFL backup.

I think it was Todd McShay who said, take most of the QB's and move them up about one full round from where they should really be drafted.

No problem with taking this guy in the 5th or later, but he is a long-shot. Really, beyond Bradford and Clausen, the

other QBs in this draft are much closer to long-shots than sure-things. Even Bradford and Clausen are not sure-things,

but they are head and shoulders above the other QB prospects.

So you've watched him play then??

Strong words assuming he'll never be more than a back up. This kid has "it".

And before you scramble to find out where he played College and start "youtubing" his highlights, please also look up where Big Ben, Tony Romo.... meh, forget it.