Conspiracy theory regarding the Bills

New CBA talks are going to be going on in the coming year and a big issue is always small market vs big market teams. So is Ralph looking to tank this season in order to prove the point that an upcoming uncapped season means that he won't be able to compete if future seasons are going to be uncapped.

Was the Gailey hire also part of this tanking? The inactivity so far in free agency also explained by this? Was the building through the draft strategy by Nix just a cover? Just a topic to talk about because free agency is slow.

I don't think tanking the team on purpose is a good business move no matter how you look at it. If the bills suck it up (on purpose) and the bengals have a good season, then that would just be stupid.

Yeah that's the whole issue with it. However if the other small market teams have to take loss to win they will likely point to that as being unsustainable.

Well, there is that. But I don't think the owners want it to be uncapped forever, save a few teams. I think most teams want there to be a cap. In this case, I think jones/snyder are going to be in the miniority.

This isn't going to be small market vs big market. I think it is going to be owners vs players, which is a whole other discussion.

How many times does this have to be said? The reason we are not signing FA's is the same reason most of the other teams aren't. The available FA pool this year is shallow, due to all the tender offers that were available to teams. There have only been 2-3 free agents available that would be top free agents regardless of the CBA situation. Most teams have decided to keep their picks instead of signing tendered players.

In addition the second and third tear FA's are still out there. The market is determining their value as we speak.

If you disagree, list the top ten free agents you wish we would have signed.

How many times does this have to be said? The reason we are not signing FA's is the same reason most of the other teams aren't. The available FA pool this year is shallow, due to all the tender offers that were available to teams. There have only been 2-3 free agents available that would be top free agents regardless of the CBA situation. Most teams have decided to keep their picks instead of signing tendered players.

In addition the second and third tear FA's are still out there. The market is determining their value as we speak.

If you disagree, list the top ten free agents you wish we would have signed.

Add in the "Hide in Plain Sight" strategy of Buddy Nix actually saying in a press conference "We're not looking for splashy free agency signings" (paraphrased, of course) and the space-time-continuum conspiracy of it being only 5 days into free agency and maybe, just maybe it does make sense.

Or, they could have kept dick jauron and we would all be sleeping when they move to LA.

Ralph is getting very old. That is a fact.

He has owned this team for 50 years. That is a fact.

He could have moved this team at any point during his ownership and surely would have made more money with this team in a larger market. That is an opinion that is very close to fact.

What that boils down to, in my mind (whether you agree with his ownership moves over the years notwithstanding), is that Ralph wants to win a Super Bowl for BUFFALO. Not Los Angeles. Not Toronto. Nowhere but BUFFALO.

At his age, he has to be thinking it better happen sooner than later (if he wants to be alive to see it).

SO WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD HE TANK A SEASON WHEN IT COULD BE HIS LAST AS A LIVING PERSON?!?!

I hope to God it isn't his last, but at 91 years old, YOU NEVER KNOW.

So no, this conspiracy theory is utterly stupid. Free agency may be going slow, but let's at least start a thread using at least an inkling of intelligence, please.

Ralph is getting very old. That is a fact.

He has owned this team for 50 years. That is a fact.

He could have moved this team at any point during his ownership and surely would have made more money with this team in a larger market. That is an opinion that is very close to fact.

What that boils down to, in my mind (whether you agree with his ownership moves over the years notwithstanding), is that Ralph wants to win a Super Bowl for BUFFALO. Not Los Angeles. Not Toronto. Nowhere but BUFFALO.

At his age, he has to be thinking it better happen sooner than later (if he wants to be alive to see it).

SO WHY IN GOD'S NAME WOULD HE TANK A SEASON WHEN IT COULD BE HIS LAST AS A LIVING PERSON?!?!

I hope to God it isn't his last, but at 91 years old, YOU NEVER KNOW.

So no, this conspiracy theory is utterly stupid. Free agency may be going slow, but let's at least start a thread using at least an inkling of intelligence, please.

It was just a thought that's all. I honestly don't believe this is the case. But if you look at the goings on at One Bills Drive you can kinda make the case for it. It was a pseudo joke. I doubt Ralph is going to tank a season at his age especially considering he has no known heir for his team (Which if he did would give him some motive to put his heir in a better position regarding the future of his team).

New CBA talks are going to be going on in the coming year and a big issue is always small market vs big market teams. So is Ralph looking to tank this season in order to prove the point that an upcoming uncapped season means that he won't be able to compete if future seasons are going to be uncapped.

Was the Gailey hire also part of this tanking? The inactivity so far in free agency also explained by this? Was the building through the draft strategy by Nix just a cover? Just a topic to talk about because free agency is slow.

is it possible you need a psychiatrist?? kidding... this belongs in the same group where we also were responsible for blowing up the world trade centers and we never landed on the moon!

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!! Ralph Wilson also faked putting a man on the moon, after he shot Kennedy!!

Actually we are all in on it to. This is just a cruel life long trick against you!! Ralph Wilson has paid us all to pose as fans while he ruins your life!

Toodles!!

It was just a thought that's all. I honestly don't believe this is the case. But if you look at the goings on at One Bills Drive you can kinda make the case for it. It was a pseudo joke. I doubt Ralph is going to tank a season at his age especially considering he has no known heir for his team (Which if he did would give him some motive to put his heir in a better position regarding the future of his team).

Pseudo joke? Look, we all get thoughts in our heads that don't make sense...but the second you decide to tell a bunch of people your "idea", you lose your right to be defensive.

Could be and seeing how they have sucked for the past decade, who would notice?

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why would a team tank an entire season on purpose? Its all about money. The Bills clearly do not have money to waste in order to simply prove a point. Also, do you think other owners care if the Bills can compete or not? They likely want the Bills gone from Buffalo so they can move to a bigger market and the owners, players, and NFL can get even richer than they already are.

i dont understand why fans want to continue with this train of thought. What has the organization done to show they are going to tank the season. WHat? The promoting of Nix? I dont see anything wrong witht his promotion as of yet. Hes not the overall arganization GM hes the departmentalized GM only for Footabll.

THe Chan Gaily Hiring? I know everyone is depressed witht he fact that we have been TURNED DOWN by Shannahan and Cower and it would have been nice to get an upeer tiered coach but face it the facts were very relevent. THe FUTURE of the BUffalo Bills is unknown to all of us. Will they be in BUffalo will the be in Toronto will they be in Los Angeles no one knows once the current owner dies what the future holds. I for one would not want to work for an organization with too many LONGTERM questions if I am looking to be their longterm and Cower and SHannahan had records of being withtheir previos teams for 10 years + so it made sense. What also made sense was to get someone with OFfensive experience who has had succes with it as CHan does and works with the players it has as CHan does and has had experience as an HC as Chan does and has proven to be a winner as Can does. HIs resume fit the credentials of what BUffalo wanted. He fit the crednetials of what I wanted. He actually fits BUffalo. I know we love to Chasitize but he hasnt even coached a preseason game yet and hes already noted as our worse hire in history yet he comes with a winning record which is more then we could say for the rest of the coaches we have had.

Is it because we lent TO go? he sucked anyway

Is it becuase we let Reed Go? He wasnt worth the money anyway?

IS it because we let denney go? He was a hard nose player but the money could be better spent then on the againg DE

Is it because Butler Retired or maybe because schoebel might and we still have Kelsay? Butler sucked and if schoebel retires we save tons of money and Kelsay is ins going into is last year of his contract.

Is it because we migt trade whitner? nobody besides me and a few other really like him anyway.

Is it because we might trade Lynch? theres only a few of us including myself that believe this is a mistake but there have been a ton of Trade lynch posts so it shouldnt effect the masees.

IS it becuase we havent overpaid for anyone yet? Even though this is an uncapped year you still should be getting players based on a capped year and getting rid of players that wont cost you anything against the cap this year.

Sorry I dont see anything that shows we are tanking this year. Anything we do for the most part this season is and could be a vast improvemnt over last season.

With NO FOOTBALL on the horizon for 2011 why spend money ? The owners signed a dumb agreement last time and they won't let that happen again. You can only suck so much out of TV and most of the people watching the NFL TV shows with talking heads saying nothing don't go to the games regularly.