Tim Tebow

I'm rooting for Tebow in general. As I have stated in the past, my rooting interest has come full circle. I liked him alot when he first played as a backup to Chris Leak. I liked him even more when he first started having success as the full time starter. My rooting interest started to slip, when ESPN made it TIM TEBOW all the time. :lol: I even started to root against the Gators and Tebow just because I was tired of it.

Now, with the majority of observers doubting him, I hope he succeeds again. It's what we do best, build something up, rip it down, and then root for the build up again. A good Tim Tebow would be nice for the NFL and great for a franchise. I'm like everyone else, and dislike the idea of Tebow in round 1, anywhere after that I'd be good with. Eitherway, I'd be in his corner and would be on board.

A good Tim Tebow would mean more to Buffalo than just his play on the field. The team hasn't had a genuine star in a long time. I don't really count TO's one season. It would be exciting to see him try to pull it off.

Trade down for a 1st and a 2nd grab him late 1st or early 2nd would be ok. Tebow has two things you can not measure HEART and WILL TO WIN!! :unsure:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask the Alabama defense what round tearbow should be drafted in.

Will do.

While we're at it, should we ask the defense of the 1997-98 Nebraska Cornhuskers what round Peyton Manning should be drafted in?

Or maybe we'll ask the 2007 Va. Tech Hokies defense where Matt Ryan should be drafted?

This is a terrible way to evaluate a player.

Will do.

While we're at it, should we ask the defense of the 1997-98 Nebraska Cornhuskers what round Peyton Manning should be drafted in?

Or maybe we'll ask the 2007 Va. Tech Hokies defense where Matt Ryan should be drafted?

This is a terrible way to evaluate a player.

Not really. He was exposed because he finally played a quality team.

I believe Tebow will be a great QB in a couple of seasons and I would love to have him.

Again it comes back to a choice of what is the TEAM building strategy that Bills led by Nix should chose.

Let's take it as a given that Tebow is the next Peyton Manning in terms of skills (a way huge IF, but putting that debate aside lets presuppose that he is that good). The question for the Bills is how willing are you and how much sense does it make to deal with the couple of seasons it will take until Tebow becomes great that there is a reasonable strategy for building the TEAM around him.

I doubt this seriously. Perhaps if I had confidence that Evans will develop into the next Marvin Harrison, and that the Bills will parley the high draft position we will have next year if like Peyton Tebow does zero good for the Ws produced by this team in 2010 (and ironically picking him might well put the team in the same position as Indy after Manning did not improve the team's record his rookie year and I think it is a fair bet that a team led by the rookie Tebow learning the Pro game or having no first round resource next year if Tebow needs to sit next year to learn before taking the field would actually have a better draft choice next year as we likely will be pretty bad in 2010) and our sorry 2010 gives us a pick where we find an Edgerrin James quality player (likely at another position as we are fine at RB for now).

My strong sense is that even with a great Tebow this team is pretty bad with the switch to a 3-4 without a McClainesque reinforcement of the LB or the Bulugaesque reinforcement of the OL I do not see a likely successful TEAM building strategy that depends upon building around the QB slot.

drafting him in the first would be a mistake imo

Why? How can anyone say drafting Tebow in the 1st would be a mistake. There is no guarantee that any OT,LB, or any other player we might draft ahead of Tebow will be successful. Its a total crap shoot and personally , I would draft Tebow @ 9 and not feel bad about it at all. Or maybe trade down a few spots , pick up a couple of picks and draft him there. He's a proven winner , leader , and has great character, and could potentially be the face of the Bills for the next 10-12 years.

Why? How can anyone say drafting Tebow in the 1st would be a mistake. There is no guarantee that any OT,LB, or any other player we might draft ahead of Tebow will be successful. Its a total crap shoot and personally , I would draft Tebow @ 9 and not feel bad about it at all. Or maybe trade down a few spots , pick up a couple of picks and draft him there. He's a proven winner , leader , and has great character, and could potentially be the face of the Bills for the next 10-12 years.

One can easily say this is a mistake for several reasons:

1. You are right that the draft is in many ways a crapshoot as even in strong classes, only slightly above 50% o players taken in the 1st round are starters on the depth charts in their second years from what I have seen in too many years of watching the NFL. Though IMHO its silly to declare any player a bust until after we see 3 seasons of play (witness the loud voices declaring Maybin a bust already they may be right but if these same folks declared Eric Moulds bust after 2 seasons of sad production or these folks ran Brees, Farve or Young out of town they clearly prematurely ejaculated as far as football is concerned) the conventional wisdom is that a 1st rounder should start at some point in his first year.

The likelihood even if one flat out agrees that Tebow will be great is that even if he is good as a stellar QB like Manning his first year will mean zero improvement for the W/L of the Bills or if he is as good as Tom Brady he likely needs to sit his first year.

Even if he is great drafting Tebow could easily produce a tirade and wailing among Bills faithful and the media at a key position like QB. Given the 0 for a decade playoff performance and the uncertainty of how many trips to the ATM Mr. Ralph has before decisions need to be made, passing on a it is to be hoped good player to wallow in the trenches for years likely starting this year for a top 10 pick (but as you point out even a trench warrior might prove to give a painful career like a Mike Williams or a painful freshman year like McKinnie) or a QB who even if he is one of the best ever likely will need to sit and watch or probably will not help W/L.

Taking the risk of drafting a Tebow might well be a mistake. Yes the future is the important thing, but there is a possibility there may be no future if the draft pick performs like many a player and most highly drafted QBs.

2. Most fans have an addiction to there being one player, but anyone who watches this game with more seriousness than it deserves know that the TEAM is the thing.

Again we saw this no better than with the two players who actually delivered SB wins to the teams which drafted them since Dallas took Aikman back in the 80s, neither Manning nor RoboQB could do it alone. The Bills have such glaring needs at so many positions, Tebow better add value to the O, D and ST through sheer force of will as it likely will be fatal in 2010 (and likely for 2011 as well and easily the 2012 season) if this team forgoes on field contribution from their first round choice rather than build in the trenches.

We need to build a TEAM and a glitzy choice at QB might help this but likely Tebow or any QB drafted is gonna have to spend as much of 2010 avoiding getting sacked or having to hold the ball rather than go for it to avoid 3 and outs putting our in transition D on the field.

I think the Bills should easily pass on Tebow in the 1st (and all the first day and he drops to the 3rd round) as not only do I think this would have us banking on one player who actually quite likely needs to sit and learn the Pro game or practice and develop the Manning like quick release to avoid heavy hits. If we get Tebow great but I really do hope god is on his side as the team he gets behind him is one that it likely is gonna get him hurt trying to lead and learn.

3. If someone offers us two picks and we choose later, we have enough holes on this team that having two first day if not first round choices is a far more reasonable strategy than taking Tebow in the 1st (particularly when some outside observers have him falling to the 3rd.

Picking Tebow might work but it easily might not and this is how folks can say picking him would be a mistake. It might be and how can you deny that it MIGHT be.

Wow dib, you surprize me with your comments in this thread. No worries, I'll get over it.

I grew up a Jackie Kemp fan. It disgusted me to see that gangly doofus Collins pull his jersey number out of mothballs, but I hoped for the best. ..Shoulda left it where it was...

As no one can, I don't know what to expect from Tebow, but he comes far more highly touted than the QB we selected in the first round back in '83.

If he becomes a Bill -at any selection, I'm more than OK with giving him Jack's number!!

First, I do not for a SECOND think that Tebow is a Nix-type pick, certainly not at #9. Way too high-risk for Nix to use our first pick on him, unless we trade down to the late first round. I actually think this franchise NEEDS to trade down and get more picks unless there is a can't-miss player available at a position of need at #9.

However, I would definitely support Tebow should he land here. Appears to be a high character guy, a true leader, very coachable, clearly committed to his craft. I like that.

Trent Edwards is all of those things too. None of that matters if he doesn't have the skills and I highly doubt Tebow does. There is just no way this team is in a position to take that kind of a gamble. Its not as if we don't have gaping holes all over the roster. I think taking Tebow at 9 would justifiably make us a laughing stock. I don't hate Tebow and I wish him the best but I think he would be an absolute waste of a pick by a team that has made wasting picks a habit.

Out of all the players in the draft, I want Tebow. I agree that we have greater needs at lineman, but I think Tebow is the kind of opportunity that comes along rarely enough that when it does you have to take it.

Yeah, QB's with weak arms, poor mechanics and no experience running a pro style offense are a rare thing indeed. Tebow is a once in life time opportunity to make a complete ass of ourselves while the rest of the league giggles at our stupidity.

Trent Edwards is all of those things too. None of that matters if he doesn't have the skills and I highly doubt Tebow does. There is just no way this team is in a position to take that kind of a gamble. Its not as if we don't have gaping holes all over the roster. I think taking Tebow at 9 would justifiably make us a laughing stock. I don't hate Tebow and I wish him the best but I think he would be an absolute waste of a pick by a team that has made wasting picks a habit.

As a Georgia Bulldogs fan, I can tell you from watching quite a lot of Tebow's games, especially at the Bulldog's expense, that you are quite wrong.

I like Tim tebow, but not in the 1st round. With that said I am stating that I will support him if the Bills draft him. So if they do and he does good I do not want anybody saying I jumped on the Tebow bandwagon. If you are with me post now that you are behind him so we aren't accused of jumping on the wagon.

I am with you.Mark it Down Tim Tebow will be 1 helluva Pro QB. He is a winner and will do whatever is asked to modify his game, you cannot measure Heart and nobody has more.

Well it sure as heck wasn't the Hurricanes......oops, did I say that out loud?

The Gators (2 years ago) would only play the Canes at Florida and would not play a home and away. The Hurricane QB at the time as wellas a large portion of the team had still been in high school some months before. After all this the Hurricanes held the Gators to their lowest point total of the season.

So take that you junior college drop out.

I am with you.Mark it Down Tim Tebow will be 1 helluva Pro QB. He is a winner and will do whatever is asked to modify his game, you cannot measure Heart and nobody has more.

all the heart in the world doesnt make up for a lack of ability.

Again, I think you might well be right about Tebow. However, let's assume that Tebow is the current equivalent of a Peyton Manning like level of skill, it still makes little sense for the Bills to take him in the 1st round and probably not even in the second round as this team has so many holes in it.

One QB, no matter how good he is cannot carry an offense to victory just out of college (look no further than the Peyton Manning example where it took a 3-13 record for Indy to land him and Peyton played extremely well his rookie year with his quick release compensating a lot for a learning and still needing some horses OL where despite being the only NFL QB to start all 16 games that year he led the team to the same 3-13 record).

Like you most folks realize that quite naturally he will have to modify his game to reach Pro levels and in the particular area of speeding up his release. If the Bills were to spend the first rounder on him rather than getting more talent on the OL one of the main lessons Tebow will learn will be to run for his life or from his back.

Even worse which makes it difficult for the Bills to expect a lot from Tebow if we take him is that this team will likely need its first two choices to bring the OL to adequacy but also the switch to the 3-4 creates a critical need for us to get another LB or two and raises a question who is going to be the classic mammoth DT.

Tebow likely can add value to the O with his leadership (but in our gap filled OL where Cornell Green is a likely starter after Butler pulled a Sarah Palin on us Tebow is working to make our OL simply be adequate rather than be good) but he will add little value to our D which currently has good but back-up quality Ellison and Draft at OL.

The problem is not one of whether Tebow is great or not, the problem is that the Bills are not and some basic improvements need to be made to even allow us to get value out of Tebow's play and leadership ability.