What difference makers did the Bills miss out on?

from the list of first day signings, whom should we really be mad at the bills for not going after? Really, are we going to be mad because we didn't go after Dansby, a decent, but not great mlb? Judging by the fact that some are upset about not going after whitehurst, I'm guessing so.

Julius Peppers, Brandon Manumaleuna, Chester Taylor, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Nate Burleson, A.J. Feeley, Dunta Robinson, Justin Bannan, Antrel Rolle, Karlos Dansby, Nathan Jones

I am not saying the Bills will be great, we are not playoff bound. But short of going to other front offices, holding them hostage until they release the players we need, then holding the players hostage until the sign with us, what can the front office do? There are simply not too many good finds out there to overpay for.

OK, OK, we overpayed for green a shtty player from a shtty team. right. but really, We all can name a player WE want, but nobody WE ALL want. There is no Pat Williams, no Drew Brees, no Steve Hutchenson. NO block buster free agents. none at all. so why are we all worked up about.

The Bills will be a 5-8 win Team, they will be a better team to watch than last year, and beyond that who knows, but god almighty, relax.

from the list of first day signings, whom should we really be mad at the bills for not going after? Really, are we going to be mad because we didn't go after Dansby, a decent, but not great mlb? Judging by the fact that some are upset about not going after whitehurst, I'm guessing so.

Julius Peppers, Brandon Manumaleuna, Chester Taylor, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Nate Burleson, A.J. Feeley, Dunta Robinson, Justin Bannan, Antrel Rolle, Karlos Dansby, Nathan Jones

I am not saying the Bills will be great, we are not playoff bound. But short of going to other front offices, holding them hostage until they release the players we need, then holding the players hostage until the sign with us, what can the front office do? There are simply not too many good finds out there to overpay for.

OK, OK, we overpayed for green a shtty player from a shtty team. right. but really, We all can name a player WE want, but nobody WE ALL want. There is no Pat Williams, no Drew Brees, no Steve Hutchenson. NO block buster free agents. none at all. so why are we all worked up about.

The Bills will be a 5-8 win Team, they will be a better team to watch than last year, and beyond that who knows, but god almighty, relax.

On the whole, I think you are right - would be nice to see Adewale Ogunleye or Carlos Dansby or Antonio Bryant signed as they would be starters, but there is not a ton of talent available. I really think this front office should be focussed on getting rid of Lynch and Whitner to add picks to rebuild. Oh, and your 5-8 wins will be a tough one to achieve - at best, I see they with 4...in all honesty, a top 3 pick is in our future....

On the whole, I think you are right - would be nice to see Adewale Ogunleye or Carlos Dansby or Antonio Bryant signed as they would be starters, but there is not a ton of talent available. I really think this front office should be focussed on getting rid of Lynch and Whitner to add picks to rebuild. Oh, and your 5-8 wins will be a tough one to achieve - at best, I see they with 4...in all honesty, a top 3 pick is in our future....

AO is a 4-3 DE. Dansby is a good player who got paid like a great one. Arizona's defense have been average to below average. Dockett is the key to their defense, not Dansby. Bryant is a headcase who can't stay healthy and has had only one really good year. He will get overpaid.

FAcy doesn't build the ship, it patches the holes. You're not helping your team by giving a guy liek Bryant $7 million a year IMO.

Totally agree, none of the free agents so far would have done anything except, gives us another overpaided player to dump in a year or two. The loss of the CBA and the restricted free agaents really hurt the bills this year. There were alot of 4 and 5 years players that would of been nice additions to build on. It's to bad the bills have drafted so poorly over the last several years. If maybe they could pull off some trades with players that don't fit their system that would be good. Maybe teams will release players deeper into FA. No matter what we are starting at the bottom.

Burleson's more of a cautionary tale than miss, no? He cashed in on one good year and went right back to being a stiff.

Seriously, how good is his agent? How bout Rolle sucking as a top corner, getting moved to safety, not being enough of a difference maker for the Cards to bring back, and now being the top paid safety in NFL HISTORY??? This was a terrible year for free agents.

We haven't missed out on anyone other than Julius Peppers. Opinions are divided on this depending on if you believe in the "QB savior" route is the only way to make it to a super bowl. Also you have to ask the question of "what is a difference maker?" Someone who would make a difference for us is my answer.

That being said I think that Troy Smith or Micheal Vick could be difference makers for us. Better than what we have. I have to start preparing myself so I don't want to kill people but our current QBs give us VERY little hope for 2010. None of them have big arms. Our guys are QBs that have been given a chance and failed multiple times or were labeled a bust and thrown off the team. Troy Smtih has never been given a chance but was named the starter for the Ravens before coming down with a rare form of tonsillitis and getting stuck behind Flacco. B word all you want about the man he was but Micheal Vick was successful as a starting QB in Atlanta. Either of these guys would put more butts in the seats than the current chumps we have and give fans something to get excited about.

***Special note to Ralphie....FYI NFL franchises have been drafting and starting minority QBs for at least 15 years. We should explore some of the "dark horse" candidates instead of immediately scratching them off the list!!!!!!

I can't believe they could have had A. Boldin for a 3rd & a 4th.

***Special note to Ralphie....FYI NFL franchises have been drafting and starting minority QBs for at least 15 years. We should explore some of the "dark horse" candidates instead of immediately scratching them off the list!!!!!!

really? if i'm not mistaken were the bills not the first to employ a black qb?

James harris: from wiki.

'He was drafted in the eighth round of the 1969 draft by the Buffalo Bills and would soon join fellow rookie O.J. Simpson in the starting backfield. He was the first black player to start a season at quarterback and was also the second black player to start in any game as quarterback in the modern era for a professional football team'

Also, way to use 'dark horse'....not to sure about you.

A Boldin wouldn't make a real difference here. Sure he's a great player but there are too many other holes to fill. The best wideouts in the league don't matter if your QB is on his back or is completely rattled after all the hits he takes.

IMO the team has to build from the lines up. Meaning, OL and DL. With the exception of Peppers there really wasn't anyone in free agency that would have enough impact next year. And the Peppers signing was a total desperation move that the Bears are going to regret.

OF OUR COURSE!!!! DUHHH!!! How could I have forgotten. I am excited to see Hardy and or Johnson get an opportunity to get some big minutes playing for us but Boldin for a 3rd or 4th....we totally missed out on that one. I guess we are just lucky that he didn't go to the Pats.

really? if i'm not mistaken were the bills not the first to employ a black qb?

James harris: from wiki.

'He was drafted in the eighth round of the 1969 draft by the Buffalo Bills and would soon join fellow rookie O.J. Simpson in the starting backfield. He was the first black player to start a season at quarterback and was also the second black player to start in any game as quarterback in the modern era for a professional football team'

Also, way to use 'dark horse'....not to sure about you.

I thought it was a clever way to get the point across. Obviously you know my stance since I am proposing that we catch up with the times. To be honest you have educated me to something I was unaware of. If Ralph made Harris the first black QB to start in the league in 1969 kudos to him.

UNFORTUNATELY, here we are 41 years later and there has been no 2nd in Buffalo.......