The End of the line for the Bills

With the Buffalo Bills finalizing plans to play one regular-season game in Toronto over each of the next five seasons, some are wondering whether that is the first step toward the club ultimately relocating.

The Bills have a stadium lease through 2012, and while 89-year-old owner Ralph Wilson said he has no plans to sell before his death, he also hasn't sugar-coated the uncertain future of the team in Western New York.

As is the case in most professional sports these days, it comes down to revenue generated from luxury suites. There simply aren't enough companies and corporations in Western New York.

With an uncapped year and potential lockout... look out for the Buffalo Bills to relocate to a new city - perhaps giving L.A. an upper hand

With the Buffalo Bills finalizing plans to play one regular-season game in Toronto over each of the next five seasons, some are wondering whether that is the first step toward the club ultimately relocating.

The Bills have a stadium lease through 2012, and while 89-year-old owner Ralph Wilson said he has no plans to sell before his death, he also hasn't sugar-coated the uncertain future of the team in Western New York.

As is the case in most professional sports these days, it comes down to revenue generated from luxury suites. There simply aren't enough companies and corporations in Western New York.

With an uncapped year and potential lockout... look out for the Buffalo Bills to relocate to a new city - perhaps giving L.A. an upper hand

Whatever publication or site you stole the unbolded paragraphs from, I hope everyone realizes the article is 2 years old. The regular season games are now into their 3rd season & Ralph is 91 going on 92. Nice copyright infringement. Next time add the link so you're not breaking the rules.

Bills fans want to keep their collective heads in the sand and not think of Buffalo without the Bills. It will be a shame but as I posted before I think 2010 may be it. Barring the union caving their is going to be a lockout in 2011. That is 24 months for Ralph to pass. Any idea what the life expectancy is for a guy over the age of 90? It can be measured in minutes.

Buffalo's best hope may be Jacksonville relocating to LA before the 2012 season. And as many posters have correctly pointed out Jacksonville is an awful NFL city. The NFL should be ashamed to show the 1/2 filled stands. San Diego also remains a possibility to move to LA. However the fan base has nothing to do with teams moving - just ask Cleveland and Baltimore.

Ironically it may be the poor US economy that helps the Bills stay in Buffalo. There are likely going to be very few cities willing to finance a new stadium. Besides LA what other city can support a team? San Antonio? Oklahoma City? Portland? Any others?

I certainly want them to stay even though I haven't lived in the area since 1988. They will always be my team and I will continue to make trips back for games and buy the Sunday Ticket. However if they move that's it. I'll watch college FB and golf on Sunday....

Whatever publication or site you stole the unbolded paragraphs from, I hope everyone realizes the article is 2 years old. The regular season games are now into their 3rd season & Ralph is 91 going on 92. Nice copyright infringement. Next time add the link so you're not breaking the rules.

Boston Globe, circa Feb. 2008: http://www.boston.com/sports/football/arti...lopment/?page=4

Two Bills Drive Terms of Service: You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by TBD.

Wow, you're full of old useless information, aren't you.

Troll!

More uninformed posts about the Bills moving if there's a lockout in 2011? Yes, still getting paid TV money but not having to pay players' salaries will SURELY kill the Bills. :beer:

I'd love to stick your head in a Ralph Wilson Stadium toilet and flush

Ignore list time...........

Yep..

Don't fear ignore Folks...May be the most underrated feature on TSW...It will save you SO much time and sanity... :beer:

The only downside to the ignore feature is that you miss out on gems like the Tracy lee DVD saga or the birth of retatta. Never know when an instant classic is going to pop up

The only downside to the ignore feature is that you miss out on gems like the Tracy lee DVD saga or the birth of retatta. Never know when an instant classic is going to pop up

True...The ignore option has to be earned...But once I ignore I don't go back...It's a risk I'm willing to take... :beer: