If Roethlisberger was black

Race a factor on the coverage  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Race a factor on the coverage

• Yes
    • No

Not suprisingly espn/espnradio is not really reporting this story or trying to downplay it.

If he was black, ESPN/ESPN Radio, along with Nancy Grace and others, would have him tried and convicted by now.

Two-Time Super Bowl winner accused of rape for the 2nd time!!!

WTF!! If he was black - espn and other networks, would break into coverage of whatever is being showing on all their networks - and talk about nothing but this for the next year.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not suprisingly espn/espnradio is not really reporting this story or trying to downplay it.

If he was black, ESPN/ESPN Radio, along with Nancy Grace and others, would have him tried and convicted by now.

WTF!! If he was black - espn and other networks, would break into coverage of whatever is being showing on all their networks - and talk about nothing but this for the next year.

You mean just like they treat Kobe?

First of all, Rev. Sharpton, this happened last night, today is Saturday morning (not regular news coverage) and he wasn't accused or charged with rape.

BTW, I have heard plenty of coverage of it- let it play out... with facts which you (or anyone) do not have at this point.

Yeah, she sure downplayed it on those white Duke lacrosse kids.

There is a clear double standard in sports based on race. Why do people have such a hard time admitting it.

Why does Tiger have to apologize on TV for marital problems.

How many white golfers have done this...I'm sure some of them have had marital issues.

Kobe was slammed due to his Denver outing..maybe rightly so.

Roger Clements lied to the grand jury no problem.

Mark McGwire lies by not telling the truth...no problem.

There were eyewitnesses in both cases.

Barry Bonds gets indicted without the same amount of evidence and faces jail time.

They just can't find an eyewitness unlike McGwire and Clements.

In Ben's defense until charges are pressed these are mere allegations thet anyone can make

like the Duke lacrosse team.

People do play on perception and history. Until charges are pressed I won't take it to serious.

There is a clear double standard in sports based on race. Why do people have such a hard time admitting it.

How many white golfers have done this...I'm sure some of them have had marital issues.

Barry Bonds gets indicted without the same amount of evidence and faces jail time.

In Ben's defense until charges are pressed these are mere allegations thet anyone can make.

People do play on perception and history. Until charges are pressed I won't take it to serious.

You did a good job of selecting your examples, but here goes:

Tiger & Kobe: The biggest stars in their sports. Tiger, by FAR the biggest star in his. So, they're bigger stories.

McGwire/Clemens/Bonds: First, McGwire avoided the question, but did not lie. Second, Clemens hasn't escaped trouble yet. Third, Bonds is a prize a88hole, and sometimes that comes back to bite you. (So is Clemens, which probably is why he hasn't escaped trouble yet.)

Here's some counterexamples: the Duke lacrosse players versus Michael Irvin. Jesse Jackson versus Jim Bakker or Gary Hart. Craig MacTavish versus Leonard Little or Donte Stallworth.

It's not always about race. With sports, especially, I think the field is more level, compared to other areas of endeavor.

In Ben's defense until charges are pressed these are mere allegations thet anyone can make.

Tiger Woods?

Really? That is your example of racism?

A half black, half Asian billionaire who is one of the most famous people in the world?

Kim Kardashian has more black in her.

There is plenty of real racism around.

Don't try so hard.

Tiger Woods?

Really? That is your example of racism?

A half black, half Asian billionaire who is one of the most famous people in the world?

Kim Kardashian has more black in her.

There is plenty of real racism around.

Don't try so hard.

Thats the point. Racism is everywhere.

In Ben's defense until charges are pressed these are mere allegations thet anyone can make

like the Duke lacrosse team.

Blah blah blah blah blah. If everyone who is dicraminated against would quit trying to make every little thing an issue perhaps we can all get to the facts and move on past this type of stuff. If he is guitly twice, put his a** in jail. Personally I don't think Vick should have ever done jail time. Fighting animlas is wrong, but the anilmals are treated better then us humans. How about the poor homeless guy on the street who just wants a sandwich? We all keep going by. Let some damn scraggly cat rome the street ans it is national news. If ANYBODY is guilty, do the crime, do the time. Race should never be an issue. We are all people. Can't we just get along?