Same QB's = Same Result = Wasted Year

I don't know about anyone else but I cannot watch Trent Edwards throw a 2 yard pass on third on nine anymore.

If the Bills don't improve their QB situation they have pretty much written this season off IMO and I don't want to pay to watch it anymore.

With the Bills coaching staff last year how can all of the blame be on Trent. Yes he was captain check down, but how much of that was weekly prep from the Head Coach that was more conservative than Rush Limbaugh. He really had no QB coach and AVP was two years removed from the broadcast booth. Not exactly a receipt for success. Look at Eli Manning before Chris Palmer became his QB coach. Fans in New York swore he was adopted. Drew Brees was shown the door in San Diego before he landed in New Orleans (Rivers was drafted after Brees' 3rd season). If you look at the first 5 games from the 08 season you see a QB with great ability and huge upside. Is Trent the answer, I am not sure. But he has had a terrible support staff and some of the most pathetic coaching in the history of a team that is known for pathetic coaches. It would be nice to see what Trent can do with a real coaching staff. Do we have that in Buffalo this year is a diffrent question.

I don't know about anyone else but I cannot watch Trent Edwards throw a 2 yard pass on third on nine anymore.

If the Bills don't improve their QB situation they have pretty much written this season off IMO and I don't want to pay to watch it anymore.

+1...

The Bills do not have an NFL caliber QB on their roster.

With the Bills coaching staff last year how can all of the blame be on Trent. Yes he was captain check down, but how much of that was weekly prep from the Head Coach that was more conservative than Rush Limbaugh. He really had no QB coach and AVP was two years removed from the broadcast booth. Not exactly a receipt for success. Look at Eli Manning before Chris Palmer became his QB coach. Fans in New York swore he was adopted. Drew Brees was shown the door in San Diego before he landed in New Orleans (Rivers was drafted after Brees' 3rd season). If you look at the first 5 games from the 08 season you see a QB with great ability and huge upside. Is Trent the answer, I am not sure. But he has had a terrible support staff and some of the most pathetic coaching in the history of a team that is known for pathetic coaches. It would be nice to see what Trent can do with a real coaching staff. Do we have that in Buffalo this year is a diffrent question.

Dick Jauron is one of the worst coaches in NFL history- that is fact based on his record. However, there were plays to be made and Edwards was so hestitant and played with such a lack of confidence that a lot of the blame is his.

Maybe new coaching or a sports psychologist will help him.

It's not his arm it's his head.

Just seeing Jauron made my blood boil- I couldn't imagine playing for him.

Dude. You are correct. This year is going to be a wasted year regardless. Bills are not going to win more than 6 games... if they win that many. They stiill have the issue with the QB, Oline, and now wr. Add to it a switch to the 3-4 and now they have LB and DL issues.

If you're looking for the Bills to have a winning season, that ain't even a possibility until at least 2012 to get to 8-8/9-7.

Don't even mention playoffs... you may not see that in your lifetime.

Yes you are right we do not have a playoff caliber QB .but untill they rebuild that hugh mess called an O-line

it doe's not matter if we have D. Brees under center. :wallbash:

Oh no. QBs don't need an offensive line. They can win games all by themselves. Just draft a QB. Trade up if necessary. Heck, even make a Ditka-like trade if need be. Once you get that QB, you're Super Bowl bound.

I don't know about anyone else but I cannot watch Trent Edwards throw a 2 yard pass on third and nine anymore.

I'm detecting a lack of optimism here...........so what do you think of the Sabres?

How would we ever know? We had the beginnings of a young and up-and-coming O-line last year and it fell apart. Until you have five guys who can start most of sixteen games, the offense isn't going to function.

Up and coming OL? The only tackles left on the roster are the project types this team loves to hype. Sure, they've got young guards but the song remains the same: young players who are either unproven or played OK for a season. That's the OL.

And on draft day, they have to hope they can draft and subsequently start another rookie at LT and/or RT. Hope is nice, but reality says rookies aren't something to depend on.

I don't know about anyone else but I cannot watch Trent Edwards throw a 2 yard pass on third and nine anymore.

How do you know what will happen? Can you see the future? Yea its possible TE wil be the same old TE, but this is an entirely new staff. Use this draft to fix the O-line and D-line, then address QB next year. Do you really think they will go to the superbowl (or even the playoff's) if they sign a vet QB? LOL!

Dude. You are correct. This year is going to be a wasted year regardless. Bills are not going to win more than 6 games... if they win that many. They stiill have the issue with the QB, Oline, and now wr. Add to it a switch to the 3-4 and now they have LB and DL issues.

If you're looking for the Bills to have a winning season, that ain't even a possibility until at least 2012 to get to 8-8/9-7.

Don't even mention playoffs... you may not see that in your lifetime.

Ralph will be gone b4 they are good again, which means the franchise will be gone b4 they are good again. sad.

How do you know what will happen? Can you see the future? Yea its possible TE wil be the same old TE, but this is an entirely new staff. Use this draft to fix the O-line and D-line, then address QB next year. Do you really think they will go to the superbowl (or even the playoff's) if they sign a vet QB? LOL!

Superbowl?

Who said anything about a Superbowl?

How do I know what will happen?

Call it an educated guess.

Here's a news flash, Sparky...

They don't have a FREAKIN' QUARTERBACK!

Address the QB next year? Exactly.

Thank you for making my point that this will be a wasted year if they address the QB NEXT year :wallbash:

Get back to me when they reach .500

I'm detecting a lack of optimism here...........so what do you think of the Sabres?

I like the Sabres....

although they are too comfortable, too content as an organization as well.

I'd like to see a sense OF FREAKIN' URGENCY AROUND HERE ONCE IN AWHILE!

Dick Jauron is one of the worst coaches in NFL history- that is fact based on his record. However, there were plays to be made and Edwards was so hestitant and played with such a lack of confidence that a lot of the blame is his.

You are correct that Jauron is one of the worst coaches in NFL history -- I would honestly rather have Joe Walton. But don't you think that Edwards' decision making was greatly influenced by what he was told in practice everyday from his insanely conservative coach? Edwards was probably inundated with 'any result except a turnover' over and over again.

And anyone who doesn't understand that 2010 is a rebuilding year in Buffalo -- regardless of who is playing QB -- is setting themselves up for disappointment.

You know if you wanted a sniff at the playoffs, last year was our best shot in awhile- Pats down, Jets with a young QB, Dolphins with not much at QB, 9-7 got teams in- what if instead of blowing up the OL they just got Alex Mack or Woods to play center- with T.O. that might have been a 9-7 team in the playoffs where they would have been murdered but at least not going for the record for consecutive non-playoffs years- as I remember about 70% of this board were thrilled with getting rid of all those overpriced players- so suck it up- the Bills if they want to be respectable in a couple years have to hit on at least 4 maybe 5 linemen this year and people better hope we suck mightily this year so we have a shot at a franchise QB next year.

You are correct that Jauron is one of the worst coaches in NFL history -- I would honestly rather have Joe Walton. But don't you think that Edwards' decision making was greatly influenced by what he was told in practice everyday from his insanely conservative coach? Edwards was probably inundated with 'any result except a turnover' over and over again.

And anyone who doesn't understand that 2010 is a rebuilding year in Buffalo -- regardless of who is playing QB -- is setting themselves up for disappointment.

Right, but i also think some of the lack of risk taking is who Trent Edwards is. It will be a rebuilding year, no doubt, but why does it have to be mind numbing boring football?

How about some points, some entertainment?

A first down shouldn't be a major accomplishment.