Jamal Williams Soon To Be Free Agent!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he does, but I am not sure if what you said is allowed. As in, changing the round given because a player is added. The NFL rules are so quirky, anyone know?

I didn't suggest changing the round, that was another poster, dgrid I think.

Anyway, I wouldn't be so quick to give up our 1st round pick.

Here's what Im thinkin:

we ship- Whitner, 2nd pick, 5th pick (or something like that),

balt sends us- Gaither, Smith

no idea if that's all possible or feasible, really.

I have no clue if thats possible either, but am inclined to think not.

I am interested BTW to see if Kyle Williams can bulk up. He is still really young.

my 2 cents...

I completely agree with this. I believe that KW will continue to get better and surprise some people.

To me this is a no brainer signing. He fits a need....is known by the man making the decisions.....etc etc

That would leave that 2nd round to pick up another need.

I would also look at Troy Smith for only a 5th

This would be HUGE!! It would make me as happy as my mother in law moving to a differant country. Unfortunatly im most likely not going to see either happen.

hey, you don't sign him unless he passes a physical, right? And this does not preclude the Bills drafting a NT - playing NT is hard when you are 22 years old. Up until their first game in the NFL, they usually were by far the biggest guys on the field. Now they are facing guys their own size or bigger all the time. I am interested BTW to see if Kyle Williams can bulk up. He is still really young.

my 2 cents...

He can pass a physical, but can still be very vulnerable to injury. I think he has started to lose a step. It isn't just size- it is size plus explosiveness. That tends to dissipate late in a lineman's career. Nothing wrong with taking a look, but I am very skeptical.

This would be a tremendous signing.

As a San Diego resident who has to sit through local news reports, all the Chargers talk and Chargers games (okay, I don't mind the games) year round, I can tell you he is a top performer, and San Diego was really disappointed and worried when he hurt his arm last year to end his season.

Triceps strikes me as just about the least worrisome injury to recover from, and he has already had lots of time.

I am also not worried that SD is letting him go means he is done. They let a guy named Brees go, and that worked out, they just let a guy named Tomlinson go, and I think he might have some gas in his tank. Some Seau guy played a few snaps after he was done in SD.

My worry here is that he will get interest from more appealing teams and not be willing to sign with us. With our move to a 3-4, he would be my top priority, even though we obviously need to address a lot of other areas, notably O-Line.

He's kinda old, we would still have to draft his replacement at some point to develop behind him

Here's the problem. There are FOUR (4) Nose Tackles in this draft, and here's where

we have them slated to go:

RD1: Dan Williams

RD2: Cam Thomas (definitely available)

RD3: Cam Thomas (possible)

RD4: Torrell Troup

RD5: NONE

RD6- NONE

RD7- NONE

The demand for these four NT's is stiff: Buffalo, Denver, KC, Miami, and Pittsburgh list NT as a P1, P2 or P3 need. There isn't enough to go around. This means that there could be a run on NT's, moving Dan Williams up, Cam Thomas into the 2nd, and Troup into RD3. I'm okay with drafting any of them, but taking Jamal Williams only signals we aren't taking a RD1 Nose Tackle.

If I had to guess, JWilliams ends up in Pittsburgh, DWilliams ends up in Miami, we get Cam Thomas, KC stands pat , and Denver gets Troup

Yes, he does, but I am not sure if what you said is allowed. As in, changing the round given because a player is added. The NFL rules are so quirky, anyone know?

The team owns the rights they can trade them for a box of cheerio's if they want the 1st rounder is a forced trade of the rights. The tendering team can't say your first is not high enough. They can not say no you are in our division. The only option they have is to match the offer.

If I had to guess, JWilliams ends up in Pittsburgh, DWilliams ends up in Miami, we get Cam Thomas, KC stands pat , and Denver gets Troup

You really think that Jamal Williams would got to Pitt and back up Casey Hampton? I'm just curious as to why you would think that?

Here's the problem. There are FOUR (4) Nose Tackles in this draft, and here's where

RD6- NONE

RD7- NONE

The demand for these four NT's is stiff: Buffalo, Denver, KC, Miami, and Pittsburgh list NT as a P1, P2 or P3 need. There isn't enough to go around. This means that there could be a run on NT's, moving Dan Williams up, Cam Thomas into the 2nd, and Troup into RD3. I'm okay with drafting any of them, but taking Jamal Williams only signals we aren't taking a RD1 Nose Tackle.

So has Cody withdrawn from the draft and Unless we trade back in we won't be taking a NT in rd1.

RD6- NONE

RD7- NONE

If we were to somehow get Williams, I would want to target another NT later in the draft, which would have to be Torrell Troup then.

If Williams ends up elsewhere as you suggest, I would like Cam Thomas in the 2nd.

You really think that Jamal Williams would got to Pitt and back up Casey Hampton? I'm just curious as to why you would think that?

I missed the memo a week ago that Casey Hampton was given a new contract. However, it's his 10th season, and would be Jamal Williams' 13th season, I believe. Big rigs tend to blow tires easily. Just sayin'.

I would think that the time to heal is way past. he should be in great shape if he kept working out.

I just wasn't sure how long a triceps tear took to heal. Thanks.

This would be a tremendous signing.

As a San Diego resident who has to sit through local news reports, all the Chargers talk and Chargers games (okay, I don't mind the games) year round, I can tell you he is a top performer, and San Diego was really disappointed and worried when he hurt his arm last year to end his season.

Triceps strikes me as just about the least worrisome injury to recover from, and he has already had lots of time.

I am also not worried that SD is letting him go means he is done. They let a guy named Brees go, and that worked out, they just let a guy named Tomlinson go, and I think he might have some gas in his tank. Some Seau guy played a few snaps after he was done in SD.

My worry here is that he will get interest from more appealing teams and not be willing to sign with us. With our move to a 3-4, he would be my top priority, even though we obviously need to address a lot of other areas, notably O-Line.

IMO, this is a sal cap move more than anything else.