Go Canada Hockey

No sorry, not the fool you think he is. More talented than that michael corleone looking flap jack.

He's certainly more athletic but his Long Program performance wasn't up to par and he got exactly what he deserved. It's mind blowing to me that he was able to land a couple of those jumps because in the air they had disaster written all over them.

At the end of the day, it's figure skating. Judged sports are always going to have controversy.

That depth is waning Darin. Consider that the young Yanks have won the under 16, under 17 and World Junior tournaments this year and it's becoming clearer that hockey in the USA is experiencing a new youth movement. This can only mean that in a country the size of America, even a niche sport like hockey has attracted a large enough fan base to warrant true player development. The USA is right up there now with Canada, Russia, Sweden and Finland.

The same thing is happening with the Swiss. They will reach the upper echelon of hockey soon enough. Their youth development is getting there and judging by these games, they seem very close to being very competitive.

Hockey, though a religion to us canucks, is no longer just our game. And as Canadians, we should be happy the rest of the world is catching up. It's what makes wins like yesterday so sweet. We beat a very, very good team to earn that gold medal.

I agree with the second part Heels. Competition makes thing much more fun. And there is no doubt the US is among the top teams. I think your wrong on the waning depth. Of the top 10 prospects in next years draft 5 are Canadian. Not overwhelming but hardly a number that would indicate the talent pool drying up.

He's certainly more athletic but his Long Program performance wasn't up to par and he got exactly what he deserved. It's mind blowing to me that he was able to land a couple of those jumps because in the air they had disaster written all over them.

At the end of the day, it's figure skating. Judged sports are always going to have controversy.

Yea you're right, judging always leaves room for controversy.

I guess it's my love for the soviet skating program; I'll never forget Irina Rodnina & Alexander Zaitsev; they blew me away as a kid.

I'll always be a purist.

I am confused. If you were a purist, it wouldn't matter if a skater hit the quad... It would be about who did the best overall skate.

No? What gives?

How long has ice :thumbsup: dancing been in the games?? Sign that kid up, that's where his talent lies.

I agree with the second part Heels. Competition makes thing much more fun. And there is no doubt the US is among the top teams. I think your wrong on the waning depth. Of the top 10 prospects in next years draft 5 are Canadian. Not overwhelming but hardly a number that would indicate the talent pool drying up.

I have to comment and I don't feel my comments warrant their own thread so...... I was initially angry, upset, sad, disappointed etc when Crosby beat Miller yesterday.... I swore I yelled and I drank more beer.... but anyway my point is this.. Hats off to Canada, you didn't play well the entire tourney, but when it mattered, you delivered. It was expected that you would, with the talent you have and I take my hat off to you for it. My thing is that there are few people north of the border who seem to give the USA a lot of credit for making it to the gold medal game when they weren't expected to do much at all. This youth movement in the US is one that all fans of USA hockey can be proud of, and it makes for an exciting time to be a fan. Canada, enjoy this one, you did earn it, but I can't recall many other times that I was in a place with people where I felt so proud to be an American. What an Olympics, it was incredible.

I am confused. If you were a purist, it wouldn't matter if a skater hit the quad... It would be about who did the best overall skate.

No? What gives?

Well, maybe I used the wrong vernacular. I can live with being the technician. :thumbsup::bag:

I'm happy for the little French-Canadian girl, Ms. Joannie Rochette.

What was strike two? The reply box in your post above is blank. Please explain what "strike two" is? I will PM you, please check.

:thumbsup::bag:

I may be a Drunk Canadian Broad but at least I can still tell time and know he was referencing your 5:59 post.

Well, I can tell time when there isn't a big hand and a small hand.

I have to comment and I don't feel my comments warrant their own thread so...... I was initially angry, upset, sad, disappointed etc when Crosby beat Miller yesterday.... I swore I yelled and I drank more beer.... but anyway my point is this.. Hats off to Canada, you didn't play well the entire tourney, but when it mattered, you delivered. It was expected that you would, with the talent you have and I take my hat off to you for it. My thing is that there are few people north of the border who seem to give the USA a lot of credit for making it to the gold medal game when they weren't expected to do much at all. This youth movement in the US is one that all fans of USA hockey can be proud of, and it makes for an exciting time to be a fan. Canada, enjoy this one, you did earn it, but I can't recall many other times that I was in a place with people where I felt so proud to be an American. What an Olympics, it was incredible.

For me I don't know why anyone would be surprised. Looking at their lineup previous to the games and I knew they would be trouble. For the last 15 years or so the US has been putting together fast, very capable teams. Couple that with first class goal tending in Miller and the only teams I though had a edge on them were the Russians and the Canadians. And not a huge one.

I may be a Drunk Canadian Broad but at least I can still tell time and know he was referencing your 5:59 post.

Well, I can tell time when there isn't a big hand and a small hand.

Do you drink simply because the hands go round and round? Seems like you have difficulty finding excuses to get drunk.

For me I don't know why anyone would be surprised. Looking at their lineup previous to the games and I knew they would be trouble. For the last 15 years or so the US has been putting together fast, very capable teams. Couple that with first class goal tending in Miller and the only teams I though had a edge on them were the Russians and the Canadians. And not a huge one.

If I was a US fan I'd don't know whether I'd drink in sorrow or celebration or both. I do know one thing. I'd drink.