Dan LeFevours Arm Strength

Thoner7

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/0900...ab/QB-standouts

Skip to about 1:20 in the vid, check out the radar gun. Now Im not sure if thats as hard as he can throw, but he stepped into pretty good and from the looks of the drill and that guy being there with the radar gun, I cannot think of anything else they could be testing.

IIRC, Cutlers was clocked in the 80s to put that in perspective. I googled that to check but didnt find anything, so if you know for certain another QBs ball speed please post.

I still like Pike from Cincinnati better than LeFevour. When they played head to head, I was more impressed with Pike. I saw him several times this year and never saw him have a bad game. He could probably be had in the 3rd or 4th round and in my opinion would be a better pick.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

his rough estimate had been that the fastest passes leave quarterbacks' hands at 70 to 75 mph

Well, I was a little off.... But thanks for the numbers. AKA a 45-50% increase over Lefevours.

How many times a game does a QB have to throw it as hard as possible? Also, do you think receivers want to catch passes that are threw as hard as a QB can throw them? Losman threw the ball hard but it didn't match his passes more catchable.

Yep it was thrown at 3/4 speed because scouts are interested in how fast he can throw at 3/4 speed... :unsure: Danny boy gets a solid hop step forward and throws it in there as best he can. Thats just all he has. I have watched his games and thats just how he throws it regardless of how much harder he should be throwing.

This kid threw the ball 57 and 60 yards in his two "longest throw attempts" at that stupid QB talent show competition.

I didnt even have to post that link to prove his arm is WEAK, because he already proved it was WEAK by throwing it 57 and 60 yards. This is further proof. He passes never had any zip, witch is quantifiable by ball speed. No one on thi board would say McCOys arm is strong, yet its stronger than Lefevours.

The love fest with this kid is blinding everyones judgment.

they even said before the throw that it was a practice throw, also, you conveniently omitted mentioning the 2 50 yd passes he dropped in a basket over the shoulder in the same clip.

Where will all the Lefevour fans be a few years from now when he is out of the league or buried on somebody's depth chart holding a clip board. This kid is not our QB savior. If you think he is that good, yet by some mysterious fortune he will slip to the Bills in the 3rd round you are all delusional. Trent Edwards was a 3rd round QB and he hasn't worked out all that well. There is a reason he is an afterthought on most draft discussion -- he is a marginal player.

Skip to about 1:20 in the vid, check out the radar gun. Now Im not sure if thats as hard as he can throw, but he stepped into pretty good and from the looks of the drill and that guy being there with the radar gun, I cannot think of anything else they could be testing.

IIRC, Cutlers was clocked in the 80s to put that in perspective. I googled that to check but didnt find anything, so if you know for certain another QBs ball speed please post.

Not sure where you're pulling that number out of, but it's never been done. Not even close. His peak ball speed peaked at 60 with a 59 at the catch. He didn't even have the top peak speed at the 2006 combine. That went to a QB from Furman at 61.

http://www.thehogs.net/Draft/combine/2006CombineResults1.php

GO BILLS!!!

Not sure where you're pulling that number out of, but it's never been done. Not even close. His peak ball speed peaked at 60 with a 59 at the catch. He didn't even have the top peak speed at the 2006 combine. That went to a QB from Furman at 61.

GO BILLS!!!

Thoner has his agendas against certain people in this draft and offseason and has shown he is more than willing to make up his own numbers and news to sway others who can't read or comprehend articles and stories.

Thoner has his agendas against certain people in this draft and offseason and has shown he is more than willing to make up his own numbers and news to sway others who can't read or comprehend articles and stories.

Well then, I'd say that's "intellectually dishonest."

I'm trying to respect Scott's wish to adhere to the language filter.

GO BILLS!!!

they even said before the throw that it was a practice throw, also, you conveniently omitted mentioning the 2 50 yd passes he dropped in a basket over the shoulder in the same clip.

No they dont. That is 100% fabricated.

Well, aside from them only showing him complete 1 pass, to an uncovered reciever with no rush or OL, A pass from the 15 yard line to the 50 yard line is only 35 yards. Try using a standard function calculator next time. :unsure:

Where will all the Lefevour fans be a few years from now when he is out of the league or buried on somebody's depth chart holding a clip board. This kid is not our QB savior. If you think he is that good, yet by some mysterious fortune he will slip to the Bills in the 3rd round you are all delusional. Trent Edwards was a 3rd round QB and he hasn't worked out all that well. There is a reason he is an afterthought on most draft discussion -- he is a marginal player.

Thank you.

GO BILLS!!!

Apparently I did not recall correctly, the RC part of the IIRC. I never said it was fact.

I thought I remembered it being in the 80s. Apparently it wasnt... maybe once calculated to "baseball spped" it was in the 80s. Who knows, sorry I didnt remember perfectly. I even said I wasnt sure and googled it to check, but came up with nothing. That is hardly me trying to make sh*t up.

I never make up numbers to proof people suck. Lefevour sucks all on his own. The same way Maybin sucks all on his own. Last year everyone ragged on me for being so hard on him - saying he blew and had no strength or leverage. Well I dont look so dumb now do I. Lefevour is not good - sorry to burst you bubble.

Now if you want to talk about people having agendas and making sh*t up... refer to my reply on Carolina Bills statement quoted above.

As a point of interest I figured I'd share after a 20 seconds of web searching, a list of Bills QB's drafted since 1970...

3 92 Trent Edwards Stanford Buffalo Bills

1 22 J.P. Losman Tulane Buffalo Bills

2 45 Todd Collins Michigan Buffalo Bills

12 313 Brian McClure Bowling Green State Buffalo Bills

3 57 Frank Reich Maryland Buffalo Bills

1 14 Jim Kelly Miami (Fla.) Buffalo Bills

2 48 Matt Kofler San Diego State Buffalo Bills

8 202 Todd Krueger Northern Michigan Buffalo Bills

5 116 Dan Manucci Kansas State Buffalo Bills

5 115 Fred Besana California Buffalo Bills

3 70 Gary Marangi Boston College Buffalo Bills

3 57 Joe Ferguson Arkansas Buffalo Bills

2 30 Dennis Shaw San Diego State Buffalo Bills

I don't know who it SHOULD be but MAN are we due. I think other than Kelly and Fergy these guys all were/are career back-ups at best.

Just like the other day when you quoted Nix as stating that we were committing to Kyle Williams at NT when he said no such thing??? Or like where you're been reading that Suh is capable of being a 1 tech NT in this league???

I understand having the players you like and pulling for them, but making numbers up to fit your thesis doesn't make you look any smarter.

Just like the other day when you quoted Nix as stating that we were committing to Kyle Williams at NT when he said no such thing??? Or like where you're been reading that Suh is capable of being a 1 tech NT in this league???

I understand having the players you like and pulling for them, but making numbers up to fit your thesis doesn't make you look any smarter.

You must mena this quote from Nix.

Bills GM Buddy Nix seconded Chan Gailey's praise of defensive tackle Kyle Williams. The Bills think Williams can perform at nose tackle, at least on a rotational basis, in the new 3-4 defense, even though at 305 pounds he is not the prototypical size.

“We did it some (in San Diego)," Nix said, of playing without a prototypical nose man. "Jamal Williams was hurt a lot for us. When he was out, we weren’t as good. We had to improvise and do some things with other guys that were smaller. Kyle Williams is an exception. You want to say 6-2, 6-3, 340 (at nose tackle). But there’s always exceptions to the measurables, and he’s one of them. He’s a playmaker. He’ll make plays at nose for us.”

To recap: "He’ll make plays at nose for us"

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...ix-on-kyle.html

I really fabricated that one.....

PS, I never said they were committing to him at NT. I said I was not thrilled with him being relied on to be the nose. My original statement can be reviewed here

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...amp;hl=Williams

In regards to Suh, Im not sure what you are getting at there, but I said Suh could be a FIVE tech in the 3-4 - ie the 3-4 DE. I never said anything about him playin the 1 tech in a 3-4. As far as 1 tech in a 4-3, then yes he could. (K. Williams is the Bills 1 tech if you didnt know that. Im pretty sure Suh is that same mold too.) He could be a 3 in a 4-3 as well. Suh is so talented he coudl survive anywhere and is scheme diverse.

As a point of interest I figured I'd share after a 20 seconds of web searching, a list of Bills QB's drafted since 1970...

3 92 Trent Edwards Stanford Buffalo Bills

1 22 J.P. Losman Tulane Buffalo Bills

2 45 Todd Collins Michigan Buffalo Bills

12 313 Brian McClure Bowling Green State Buffalo Bills

3 57 Frank Reich Maryland Buffalo Bills

1 14 Jim Kelly Miami (Fla.) Buffalo Bills

2 48 Matt Kofler San Diego State Buffalo Bills

8 202 Todd Krueger Northern Michigan Buffalo Bills

5 116 Dan Manucci Kansas State Buffalo Bills

5 115 Fred Besana California Buffalo Bills

3 70 Gary Marangi Boston College Buffalo Bills

3 57 Joe Ferguson Arkansas Buffalo Bills

2 30 Dennis Shaw San Diego State Buffalo Bills

I don't know who it SHOULD be but MAN are we due. I think other than Kelly and Fergy these guys all were/are career back-ups at best.

The most interesting part is that we have taken a QB in the top 10, much less the top 5. Those guys are no guarantees but they have a lot more potential than anyone drafted after that.

I wonder if any franchise out there has never draft a QB in the top 10.

No they dont. That is 100% fabricated.

Well, aside from them only showing him complete 1 pass, to an uncovered reciever with no rush or OL, A pass from the 15 yard line to the 50 yard line is only 35 yards. Try using a standard function calculator next time. :wallbash:

did you see it live, no, that clip was prefaced by them mentioning that he was warming up, but they wanted to show the gun, so they showed the first warm up throw.

I didnt see the 15yd line, my fault.

You must mena this quote from Nix.

Bills GM Buddy Nix seconded Chan Gailey's praise of defensive tackle Kyle Williams. The Bills think Williams can perform at nose tackle, at least on a rotational basis, in the new 3-4 defense, even though at 305 pounds he is not the prototypical size.

“We did it some (in San Diego)," Nix said, of playing without a prototypical nose man. "Jamal Williams was hurt a lot for us. When he was out, we weren’t as good. We had to improvise and do some things with other guys that were smaller. Kyle Williams is an exception. You want to say 6-2, 6-3, 340 (at nose tackle). But there’s always exceptions to the measurables, and he’s one of them. He’s a playmaker. He’ll make plays at nose for us.”

To recap: "He’ll make plays at nose for us"

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/201...ix-on-kyle.html

I really fabricated that one.....

PS, I never said they were committing to him at NT. I said I was not thrilled with him being relied on to be the nose. My original statement can be reviewed here

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?...amp;hl=Williams

In regards to Suh, Im not sure what you are getting at there, but I said Suh could be a FIVE tech in the 3-4 - ie the 3-4 DE. I never said anything about him playin the 1 tech in a 3-4. As far as 1 tech in a 4-3, then yes he could. (K. Williams is the Bills 1 tech if you didnt know that. Im pretty sure Suh is that same mold too.) He could be a 3 in a 4-3 as well. Suh is so talented he coudl survive anywhere and is scheme diverse.

Thoner you said the other day that per Gailey that KW was going to be our NT when the quote specifically says he could play there on a rotational basis you are jumping to conclusions to try to prove your point. You also specifically said that such could play 1, 3 or 5 technique and thrive and no one else has suggested that Suh would thrive at the 1 tech.

Thoner you said the other day that per Gailey that KW was going to be our NT when the quote specifically says he could play there on a rotational basis you are jumping to conclusions to try to prove your point. You also specifically said that such could play 1, 3 or 5 technique and thrive and no one else has suggested that Suh would thrive at the 1 tech.

Well aside from me quoting NIX - Yes, article says WIlliams will play NT on a rotational basis. Therefore, is he not the NT? No team plays one player at one position every play of their season. "Williams will make plays at the NOSE for us" Again, that is not jumping to conclusions.

Suh could play all of those positions, and will play one of them depending on scheme. The differences between 1 techs in a 4-3 and 3-4 can be great. Suh will not be asked to play the nose in a 3-4, he will be an end. The OP in that thread was suggesting Suh was a 4-3 only player. I tried to find the thread but could not, I encourage you to post it to clear this all up. Its clear that I have backed my statements with quotes/videos, where you have been fabricating this repeatedly.

i will look but I doubt it base balls get thrown at that speed.

Cutler threw at the same speed according to an article I read they multiply the actual speed by 1.68 to come up with a speed that measures up to baseball. It is in theory impossible to throw a football 80 MPH.