Dez Bryant 2.0

WR is about our 5th or 6th priority. Bryant is a talent, but he's not 3rd or 4th, he's 7th to 12th on most draft boards.

No thanks.

Difference: Todd McShay, for instance, has him as the 3rd overall player available, but doesn't necessarily have him going 3rd because of team's needs and his off field issues.

And to agree with that other guy- in the last 3 or 4 years, there have been two guys- Calvin Johnson and to a lesser extent, Michael Crabtree, who have been can't miss, holy s*** these guys are gonna be sick, type players. Guess what, they're both sick or on the verge of being sick (in Crabtree's case). I would put Bryant right there with Johnson and above Crabtree coming out. Hey, what happened the last time we took a can't miss behemoth tackle in the top ten?

If the top 8 spots are taken by 3 OT's, 2 DT's, 2 QB's, 1 LB it would be very hard to pass on Bryant.

if that were the case, I'd trade down to the team that wants Eric Berry the most. SF sure could use him, and they draft a few spots after us. get one of their 1sts and maybe a 2nd, would be the ultimate.

Hey Darth Ice, how ridiculous does drafting Dez Bryant look right now? Dude, everyone's got him 3rd or 4th on their overall draft board, he looks like a combination of Andre Johnson and TO in his prime, he's got Randy Moss written all over him in the sense that he's gonna fall ia little bit due to off-field issues. This past week, Darth, you said that LB was a greater need than WR? Not that there's any future hall-of-famers amongst them, but we now have Poz, Mitchell, Schobel, Maybin, Ellis, Kelsay, Harris and Ellison. Best player available. It's more than likely gonna be Bryant. I'm now officially all about it.

If your picking 3rd or 4th, your QB sucks (unless you have a rookie you recently drafted, in which case he may not suck someday). Awful teams not named the "Lions" don't take WRs in the top 3. Every year there will be a "once in a lifetime" college WR prospect.

Why get rid of TO and take some rookie WR at a higher price this year?

Not liking what I'm reading about Bryant...

Bryant comes with a caveat emptor tag

“I wouldn’t draft that kid unless I had someone to wake him up in the morning to get to meetings, someone to wake him up for practice and someone to wake him up for games,” one source said.

A second source said Bryant’s reputation was earned because he was consistently late to team activities. That included showing up late for games.

“We’re not just talking about being a little late for warmups, but like being late for the actual game,” a source said with a chuckle. “When you start to hear some of the stories of there, you go, ‘He did what?’ ”

This on top of lying to NCAA investigators about rules violations makes me very leery about wanting the Bills to have anything to do with the guy.

Not liking what I'm reading about Bryant...

Bryant comes with a caveat emptor tag

This on top of lying to NCAA investigators about rules violations makes me very leery about wanting the Bills to have anything to do with the guy.

Dude he's a kid. Bruce Smith fell asleep at the wheel drunk in the middle of an intersection after he was already retired. Dominik Hasek got a DUI by my house going 70 in a 35 when he was winning Hart Trophies. Ooooh I'm scared about an NCAA rules violation...

Dude he's a kid. Bruce Smith fell asleep at the wheel drunk in the middle of an intersection after he was already retired. Dominik Hasek got a DUI by my house going 70 in a 35 when he was winning Hart Trophies. Ooooh I'm scared about an NCAA rules violation...

But showing up late to games? I don't want to have someone who is supposed to be my new stud WR not showing up on Sunday...

This kid has got Randy Moss written all over him. He's gonna fall to 18th or something because he took a free cell phone and someone's gonna walk away with the steal of the draft. I'll take your NCAA rules violations and raise you an invite to watch some of his highlights on youtube. He's built like TO in his prime with more speed.

This kid has got Randy Moss written all over him. He's gonna fall to 18th or something because he took a free cell phone and someone's gonna walk away with the steal of the draft. I'll take your NCAA rules violations and raise you an invite to watch some of his highlights on youtube. He's built like TO in his prime with more speed.

And when those violations turn into suspensions there won't be a highlight reel. I'm not questioning his talent or ability, just his focus and desire. He doesn't seem to be that serious, but hey maybe he grows up. I just don't think the Bills should be making that kind of risk when there are bigger problems to take care of in the draft.

This thread is dumb because we're not taking Bryant. Nix seems to be a pretty sharp guy so an argument is moot for either case. Sorry but it's not happening and yes I'll wager on it.

Agreed. There is a snowballs chance in hell we take him.

Agreed. There is a snowballs chance in hell we take him.

there is the possibility that the top 4 linemen, 2 QB's, and 2 DT's are gone when we select. Who then? McClain? Williams? Berry? Bryant?