Lee Evans

Billsfan=pain

You are saying he is overpaid based on his stats...I get that, and yes, if it was just his stats I would say he is overpaid looking at a piece of paper. However, his stats are not his fault. His talent level is WAY higher than his stats.

And NO, you dont have to have Manning...With Losman (who sucks) his stats were 82 rec, 1300 yds, and 8 TD's...thats with Losman...that is how bad our coaching, play calling, and more importantly how absolutely terrible Edwards has been since that year.

So, he is not overpaid, he is absolutley under utilized as a result of atrocious QB play, coaching, and play calling.

Lee Evans 2006 82 receptions

Mike Furrey 2006 98 receptions

I guess mike furrey should be making 15 million a season!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude, you are reaching now and you know it...if you honestly want to compare Furrey to Evans, then you already elminiated yourself from this conversation. Its not worth even discussing with you anymore.

You are just scrambling to find a way to justify calling the stats I said he would have easily had in Philly delusional after I showed you he already put those stats up with lowly JP Losman and a terrible Bills team...

Um, who said anything about this?

You sais those stats were delusional if he was in Philly, yet he already put similar stats up playing on a much worse team with a terrible QB...

So how would putting those stats up in Philly be delusional?

And you would have to be a complete fool to compare Furrey to Evans...no offense...I mean you are really reaching now

Your reaching, Lee Evans had one good season and you want to anoint him as the second coming of Jerry Rice.

Lee Evans is the most overpaid, and overrated player the Bills have ever had on their roster. He earns 9 Million/year and gives us little in return. He never shows up in big games, and never takes a leadership role. I would rather have 20 other recievers that would come at a cheaper price.

If the Bills could get 3rd, or two 4th round draft choices I would take it and run!

Does anyone share my sentiments?

I agree that his production and paycheck are completely off, but I don't think Evans is the main reason for that... Poor qb play, check that, horrendous qb play and the inability or unwillingness of coaches to get the ball down field to him is where most of of the problem is... No excuses though... He needs to produce more to justify the big pay Check and for the Bills to put up points.

Dude, you are reaching now and you know it...if you honestly want to compare Furrey to Evans, then you already elminiated yourself from this conversation. Its not worth even discussing with you anymore.

You are just scrambling to find a way to justify calling the stats I said he would have easily had in Philly delusional after I showed you he already put those stats up with lowly JP Losman and a terrible Bills team...

Your right if football was a track meet Lee Evan would be the greatest!

Stats don't lie my friend. Eric moulds had some bad QBs and he still always put up pro bowl numbers. Lee is a sideline reciever! End of story!

I knew the Lee Evans fanatics would show up eventually. But this is to be expected from the guy who insisted that Derek Anderson was the answer at QB.

If everyone else on the offense was an All Pro, he'd be great! It's every else's fault he's had less than 65 catches every season of his career except one!!

:thumbsup:

Your reaching, Lee Evans had one good season and you want to anoint him as the second coming of Jerry Rice.

No one said anything about Jerry Rice for one...I said simply 80+ rec, 12 TD's, and 1500 yds if he was in Philly. You are the one that completely ignores that SIGNIFICANT LACK of talent at QB we have had, terrible coaching, and terrible play calling over his career, yet he has remained somewhat productive even in those years.

He has atleast 7 TD's in 4 of his 6 years despite playing with terrible QB's on a team that doesnt pass well at all.

His career YPC is an incredible 15.72

His avg rec per year is: 56.7 despite having NO ONE to throw him the ball on a team that doesnt throw much to begin with during that span.

Yet you want to act like those numbers wouldnt significantly improve playing for a good team, with a good QB that likes to pass a lot.

You are delusional

I agree that his production and paycheck are completely off, but I don't think Evans is the main reason for that... Poor qb play, check that, horrendous qb play and the inability or unwillingness of coaches to get the ball down field to him is where moat of the problem is... No excuses though... He needs to produce more to justify the big pay heck and for the Bills to put up points.

I agree the QB play has been bad, but he never catches passes over the middle. 36 yr old T.O. came in and had 2X the Numbers Lee had!

I think what we're trying to say here is that he is just not worth the money we pay him. Yes he'd be better with a QB, better LT, etc. But he had TO opposite him and still caught just 56 balls? He's worth maybe $5 mil, $6 tops.

If I could save $3-4 mil, sign a FA and get a draft pick? Why would you not consider?

He is tremendously overpaid, but that's not his fault.

Bad offensive line and QB, but that's not his fault.

He's not a #1 receiver, but that's not his fault.

The idiots at One Bills Drive are the people to blame! They gave a $9 million dollar contract to a one dimensional luxury item and yet they continue to sign journeymen offensive lineman.

No one said anything about Jerry Rice for one...I said simply 80+ rec, 12 TD's, and 1500 yds if he was in Philly. You are the one that completely ignores that SIGNIFICANT LACK of talent at QB we have had, terrible coaching, and terrible play calling over his career, yet he has remained somewhat productive even in those years.

He has atleast 7 TD's in 4 of his 6 years despite playing with terrible QB's on a team that doesnt pass well at all.

His career YPC is an incredible 15.72

His avg rec per year is: 56.7 despite having NO ONE to throw him the ball on a team that doesnt throw much to begin with during that span.

Yet you want to act like those numbers wouldnt significantly improve playing for a good team, with a good QB that likes to pass a lot.

You are delusional

Mike Furrey would improve his numbers playing with a better QB also! But he isn't worth 9 Million per sean either!

Your reall name isn't Lee possibly?

Let's ignore the fact that Kitna made 167 more attempts than Losman that year (596 vs 429), or that Lee Evans beat Furrey in every single other receiving statistic that year. Why let stats get in the way of a good bashing?

He is tremendously overpaid, but that's not his fault.

Bad offensive line and QB, but that's not his fault.

He's not a #1 receiver, but that's not his fault.

The idiots at One Bills Drive are the people to blame! They gave a $9 million dollar contract to a one dimensional luxury item and yet they continue to sign journeymen offensive lineman.

Well if Lee played with Brett Favre he would put up awesome numbers....LOL

Your right if football was a track meet Lee Evan would be the greatest!

Stats don't lie my friend. Eric moulds had some bad QBs and he still always put up pro bowl numbers. Lee is a sideline reciever! End of story!

Hahahahaha, Moulds always put up pro bowl numbers? Look I loved Moulds too, but he was victim to up and down QB play and because of that he would have a good year, then a bad year statistically.

Dude you are insane...

Moulds played 12 seaons, and in 8 of those seasons he put up LESS than 70 catches, including 4 years less than 60 with three of them being less than 40. He only had more than a 1000 yards 4 times his whole career.

In 12 seasons, he really only had about 4 really good years.

Moulds = 49 total TD's in 12 years

Evans = 39 TD's in 6 years

So in half the time, Evans is only 10 behind Moulds

You are priceless my friend

No one said anything about Jerry Rice for one...I said simply 80+ rec, 12 TD's, and 1500 yds if he was in Philly.

1500 yards in a season has been accomplished only 26 times EVER. Generally by guys named Rice, Harrison, Irvin, etc. (but never by Owens). If you think Evans is anywhere near the level of those guys, you are delusional.

I knew the Lee Evans fanatics would show up eventually. But this is to be expected from the guy who insisted that Derek Anderson was the answer at QB.

If everyone else on the offense was an All Pro, he'd be great! It's every else's fault he's had less than 65 catches every season of his career except one!!

:thumbsup:

LOL, never said Derek Anderson was the "answer" at QB, I said he was a better option than Trent Edwards, and guess what, he still is. Thats is because of how bad Trent is...Derek atleast had a good season, something Trent has never had evne though he has had more weapons over the bulk of his career.

Let's ignore the fact that Kitna made 167 more attempts than Losman that year (596 vs 429), or that Lee Evans beat Furrey in every single other receiving statistic that year. Why let stats get in the way of a good bashing?

Please stop with the man crush. He is an average reciever. Good recievers score TD's no matter who the QB might be! Why do you continue to make excuses for him? He wasn't even covered by the opponents number 1 corner this past yyear and he still coudn't get open!

1500 yards in a season has been accomplished only 26 times EVER. Generally by guys named Rice, Harrison, Irvin, etc. (but never by Owens). If you think Evans is anywhere near the level of those guys, you are delusional.

Now you are pulling at strings...geezus, you guys will do anything to bash him.

So let me ask you this...do you think McNabb throwing to him in a pass happy explosive offense with the support of a good team and coaching staff would equate to 200 yards in more production than JP Losman throwing to him on a bad team with a bad coaching staff?

If you say no, then there is no reason to talk to you because you will just say anything no matter how stupid to be right. No person on earth would think it would unreasonable to add another 200 yards of production by upgrading to playing with McNabb and the Eables over playing with JP Loserman and the lame bills of 2006. And guess what, thats all he would have to do to improve his stats to 1500 yards...

And who cares about 1500 yards...he at least puts up over 80 catches a year, 1300+ yards, and double digit TD's every season he is healthy in Philly, or AZ, INDY, NE, Dal, SD, NO, etc. etc. and you know it.

Please stop with the man crush. He is an average reciever. Good recievers score TD's no matter who the QB might be! Why do you continue to make excuses for him? He wasn't even covered by the opponents number 1 corner this past yyear and he still coudn't get open!

LMAO at you bro...you just keep talking out your backside...

You do realize that Lee, despite playing with some of the most inept QB's in football, has still managed to score at least 7 TD's in 4 of his 6 years right? My guess is that you dont or you wouldnt have just said that.

The second dumbest thing I've read about WRs.

LOL, never said Derek Anderson was the "answer" at QB, I said he was a better option than Trent Edwards, and guess what, he still is. Thats is because of how bad Trent is...Derek atleast had a good season, something Trent has never had evne though he has had more weapons over the bulk of his career.

So he wasn't the 'answer' but you still wanted to trade players and/or high picks for him and his huge contract. Typical brilliance. :thumbsup:

Go stick some pins in your Trent Edwards voodoo doll and you'll feel better.