Get on The Bills Bus or Get Off!

Driffill

Ok Bills fans, we have heard all the whining and crying about our team.

Let's move forward and get this team fixed and the guys that are now in control are going to do just that, pay attention here is how it will happen in 10 easy steps

1. Sign best available OT in free agency

2. Draft best available OT in 1st round

3. Sign best available NT or DT in free agency

4. Teach Trent Edwards how to read defenses and protect the ball , Coach Gailey's very good at this.

5. Moving Maybin to OLB in 3-4, with Poz & Mitchell on inside, need 1 other ball hawk, watch for kid from Georgia Tech

6. Sign a decent WR in Free agency, several out there

7. Get in Marshawn's head and teach him how to act like a Pro athlete

8. Draft Tebow late 3rd or 4th if he there, will be a good Pro QB with some coaching (Gailey's specialty)

With the existing Offensive line players (resign Incognito) and these additions, and a coach that can teach Trent, you will see a lot of improvement, with these additions the defense will also improve, with a few things here and there, this team can improve quickly, it may take a few years to get to the Super Bowl but they will get there.....Mark it Down!

Let's move forward and get this team fixed and the guys that are now in control are going to do just that, pay attention here is how it will happen in 10 easy steps

4. Teach Trent Edwards how to read defenses and protect the ball , Coach Gailey's very good at this.

5. Moving Maybin to OLB in 3-4, with Poz & Mitchell on inside, need 1 other ball hawk, watch for kid from Georgia Tech

8. Draft Tebow late 3rd or 4th if he there, will be a good Pro QB with some coaching (Gailey's specialty)

With the existing Offensive line players (resign Incognito) and these additions, and a coach that can teach Trent, you will see a lot of improvement, with these additions the defense will also improve, with a few things here and there, this team can improve quickly, it may take a few years to get to the Super Bowl but they will get there.....Mark it Down!

The Bills organization doesn't have a few years. 2010 is it folks. There will be a lockout in 2011 and it's 50-50 the Bills will be in Buffalo in 2012....

Shouldn't this be, get on the Bills bus or don't whine when we are going down the road towards the Super-bowl and you are left behind in your miserable no Super-bowl doorstep - and just because that bus has broken down every year the last ten years in a row leaving everyone stranded in a seedy part of no play-offs city is no reason not to get on board because this year we are replacing the motor more or less although we only got about a third of the new motor parts and we are going to jury rig parts from the old engine onto the new engine and some of them don't fit to well but I got a huge hammer and I can make those parts fit- so get on board what can go wrong.

The Bills organization doesn't have a few years. 2010 is it folks. There will be a lockout in 2011 and it's 50-50 the Bills will be in Buffalo in 2012....

50/50? Jacksonville is the team that will get relocated, The Bills arent going anywhere buddy.

50/50? Jacksonville is the team that will get relocated, The Bills arent going anywhere buddy.

I agree in the fact it's not going to be Buffalo that moves to L.A. Jacksonville? I'm not sure about that either. You have to remember that Minnesota and San Diego are 2 teams that have no contracts for stadiums in 2011 and into the future. I have been on the Bills bus for 20 years. I have moves all my stuff in and I'm not going anywhere. This draft will be the most exciting thing regarding the Bills in 10 years. GO BILLS!!! :rolleyes:

If they do not do the following two, I am canceling my season tickets:

#2 Draft best available OT in the 1st round

and

#8 I would be fine with Tebow or LeFevour, or another QB to groom

Doing both of those things makes me feel like there's a future -- surely not in 2010, but I will wait out the storm. If they do not do either of those, I am out. I feel like a schmuck for having renewed over the past ten years (I have had them for 25 years), thinking each year would be different. To increase season ticket prices $10 per game without having a product to back it up is a slap in the face. I cannot stomach watching a senseless debacle of effort and shoddy management of football operations.

I agree in the fact it's not going to be Buffalo that moves to L.A. Jacksonville? I'm not sure about that either. You have to remember that Minnesota and San Diego are 2 teams that have no contracts for stadiums in 2011 and into the future. I have been on the Bills bus for 20 years. I have moves all my stuff in and I'm not going anywhere. This draft will be the most exciting thing regarding the Bills in 10 years. GO BILLS!!! :angry:

Yeah I could see the Chargers going to LA too. And I agree this draft will be a good one. Imagine this scenario from another of my wonderful recent posts:

With the 2nd overall pick being shopped, imagine we trade (maybe Lynch, Whitner and 2nd?) up with Detoit, grab Suh/McCoy, Bulaga or another tackle with our 2nd 1st rounder, QB in rd 3, ILB in rd 4, then best available. Maybe that LT rumor would come true to back up Jackson, Sign a WR, then....Who knows? Playoffs might be a real possibility... Probably just wishful thinking, and I know people may be against trading Lynch and/or Whitner, but they are both (arguably) currently the 2nd best players at their positions on this team, and are expendable. And if that could get us a LEGIT NT, would be worth every bit of that deal...

I think we are a vastly improved team in this scenario. Let Trent, Brohm and the rook battle it out for starter (or even Whitehurst might be ok instead of the rook if Nix really likes him).

Pipe Dreams but one can wish right? :rolleyes:

I saw the beginning of a list and automatically assumed it would be idiotic, but to my surprise it was refreshing to see some simple logic. I am on the same page as you my man...well done :rolleyes:

They have so many holes to fill, that if they aren't super active in Free Agency they won't even be competitive this year, and with the uncapped year, there aren't as many options out there in FA as there normally would be. I still say, you can't win without a QB, and there is nothing out there to build on in FA at the QB slot. If Clausen (hopefully) or Bradford (would be good) are available at #9 they have to take them. Those who are clamoring for Thigpen, Pennington or any of the other mediocre at best QBs that might be available, apparently are content with a 7-9 team at best.

I Like it all except... maybe we can grab Tony Pike in round 2.

1. Possibility

2. Strong possibility

3. Almost all have been locked up already

4. Have to protect him and have WR get open first

5. I would prefer seeing him inside as I don't see Maybin as an edge rusher- EVER

6. Possibility- so is siging Josh Reed

7. Hope we can get a draft pick for him

8. I prefer the kid from Central Michigan- did a lot with less around him.

I don't see us improving a great deal without a nose tackle. I have McCargo as the NT right now. Stroud and Williams can make a lot more plays, so they should be put in better position to make plays.

Fans like to kick Jauron around, but he maximized this roster of misfits as much as any coach in the league could have. He isn't great by any means, but deserves a lot more respect that his detractors- and no- I DIDN'T say he deserves more respect FROM his detractors.

1. Who? Mark Tauscher or Chad Clifton? 30 somethings for GB OT's. Because Jared Gaither, Jammal Brown, and Marcus McNeill will most likely require 1st and 3rd round compensation with a big contract.

2. They almost have to go there, unless they expect two miracles out of Bell and Meredith.

3. Who? 35 year old Jason Ferguson or 36 yo Hollis Thomas? Neither are starting caliber at this point in their career. There's little after that in the way of starters.

4. If a QB hasn't progressed this far by their 3rd season, it's probably not going to work out. Time to move on. A HC has an entire team to guide. Maybe the 30 year veteran of the CFL coach those guys up. :rolleyes:

5. 3-4 defenses apply pressure from the OLB's. They have no one on the roster who's played the position and there's again nothing in UFA. Joey Porter is slowing down, and Tully Banta-Cain and Derrick Burgess aren't great options either.

6. Who? Derrick Mason and Antonio Bryant are the best of the UFA bunch. The others are all RFA's.

7. No one's going to correct 23 years of thugness.

8. Why? There's only 1-2 decent QB's in the league taken in the third or fourth. Don't waste a pick on these guys and build depth at LB and DL.

Every year, fans buy into the hype and then create unfounded hope. This year, it's a complete gut and rebuild and nothing more. Even if the Bills had 3 first round picks they couldn't address all their needs. And no one should count on RFA's, because the draft takes on more significance with no cap and teams looking to cut costs. I'd rather pay a 3rd rounder to start than a 30 something guy past his prime who wants the final payoff of his career.

1. Are there really any?

2. I think this is a given...

3. See #1...I hope they Draft Cody...

4. I'd love to be able to believe Trent has a future in the NFL...I just can't any more...Hope I'm wrong...

5. OK...I do think they need to get another OLB in this Draft...

6. OK...

7. I'd like to see Marshawn gone from Buffalo...I'm sick of his act and I don't think he's worth the trouble...Trade him...

8. I like Tebow as a Project...I just think the Kid is going to figure it out somehow, someway...But that's just my gut...My head is saying he's not an NFL QB...

If Trent, Fitz, or BB is going to be the QB in 2010 The Bills better have a hell of a good Running attack...Cause none of those 3 is going to scare anyone...I don't think Gailey is a miracle worker...We'll see... :rolleyes:

The thing is...even if they do most of the things you ask for, and of course given Buffalo's screwy state of mind the last 10 years there is no guarantee that they will do any of the things on your list.

1st) You have to look at things realistically, The new Bills head coach was just fired from the Kansas City Chiefs OC position last year for a reason. We don't really know the definitive reason for that firing, but that is not a good sign to hire a guy for a position elevated above a position he was just fired from.

2nd) Chan Gailey hired a bunch of college coaches... even Buddy Nix stated there is a huge learning curve going from college to the pros, at any level. Understanding that it might take them a good 3 years to become good at the position there were hired for, which they may or may not accomplish. The NFL is not a very forgiving league.

3rd) The team is about to try and drastically change both offensive and defensive schemes, going from the Mike Martz offense to a Chan Gailey "pistol" and 4-3 tampa 2 to a 3-4, every player at every position on the team is going to need to go through a learning process. And oh yea...who is teaching them all these new things they need to learn??

4th) The offensive line is in shambles the Bills need two starters at tackle, both left and right tackle. There is a reason Jason Peters in Philly got paid 3x as much money as Trent Edwards gets, Peters is labeled a "franchise" left tackle and Trent Edwards ...

Ralph Wilson just blew up the entire team and is putting it all in the hands of a guy that was just fired Last season as offensive coordinator...

My Take: this team will be competing for the #1 overall draft pick next year, so the team should grab a left tackle with that #9 this year and get the franchise QB next year

Marty Schottenheimer wanted the Job as HC, the Bills wanted to hire Marty's son Brian to be the head coach... and he turned it down.

It stands to reason if the Bills had hired Marty for the HC job, he would have hired his son Brian away from the Jets and trained and groomed him for the head coaching job in a few years. What idiot in the background runs this team... Al Davis?

yep. ralph not living to 100 guys. its over. hope everyone enjoyed the SB years, because by the time this team is any good again, it will be gone

The thing is...even if they do most of the things you ask for, and of course given Buffalo's screwy state of mind the last 10 years there is no guarantee that they will do any of the things on your list.

1st) You have to look at things realistically, The new Bills head coach was just fired from the Kansas City Chiefs OC position last year for a reason. We don't really know the definitive reason for that firing, but that is not a good sign to hire a guy for a position elevated above a position he was just fired from.

2nd) Chan Gailey hired a bunch of college coaches... even Buddy Nix stated there is a huge learning curve going from college to the pros, at any level. Understanding that it might take them a good 3 years to become good at the position there were hired for, which they may or may not accomplish. The NFL is not a very forgiving league.

3rd) The team is about to try and drastically change both offensive and defensive schemes, going from the Mike Martz offense to a Chan Gailey "pistol" and 4-3 tampa 2 to a 3-4, every player at every position on the team is going to need to go through a learning process. And oh yea...who is teaching them all these new things they need to learn??

4th) The offensive line is in shambles the Bills need two starters at tackle, both left and right tackle. There is a reason Jason Peters in Philly got paid 3x as much money as Trent Edwards gets, Peters is labeled a "franchise" left tackle and Trent Edwards ...

Ralph Wilson just blew up the entire team and is putting it all in the hands of a guy that was just fired Last season as offensive coordinator...

My Take: this team will be competing for the #1 overall draft pick next year, so the team should grab a left tackle with that #9 this year and get the franchise QB next year

Marty Schottenheimer wanted the Job as HC, the Bills wanted to hire Marty's son Brian to be the head coach... and he turned it down.

It stands to reason if the Bills had hired Marty for the HC job, he would have hired his son Brian away from the Jets and trained and groomed him for the head coaching job in a few years. What idiot in the background runs this team... Al Davis?

Right on all counts

I dont know hw many times it needs to be said to register but Trent Edwards is not A BUffalo QB!!! THe kid my be more succesful in a dome or warmer weather but his noodle arm doesnt work beyond October in BUffalo. We need a strong armed qb not necessarily to throw the deep ball but to throw through the swirling winds of BUffalo. I wasnt big on MATT CASSEL but watching the two of them thro the finale game I wante Matt Cassel just because of his arm strength the throw pretty accurately threw those winds unlike Trent. Besides that Trent is probably a hit away from never playing again.

I dont know hw many times it needs to be said to register but Trent Edwards is not A BUffalo QB!!! THe kid my be more succesful in a dome or warmer weather but his noodle arm doesnt work beyond October in BUffalo. We need a strong armed qb not necessarily to throw the deep ball but to throw through the swirling winds of BUffalo. I wasnt big on MATT CASSEL but watching the two of them thro the finale game I wante Matt Cassel just because of his arm strength the throw pretty accurately threw those winds unlike Trent. Besides that Trent is probably a hit away from never playing again.

True enough Edwards has looked horrid this last year, but then so did the entire offense, the scheme, the O line, the protections.

He is a smart guy, if he can grasp Gaileys offense quickly enough let's see what happens in a different system, with "hopefully" better playcallers, O line and protection's.

You forget, Edwards comes at the right price...