Anyone else sick of Thanksgiving Football?

bartshan-83

What is this horsesh*t that we have to watch the fuggin Cowboys and Lions EVERY goddamn year?? First off, why the hell are they so special that they get this national game every year at HOME no less?? It's disgusting. We get ONE national game per year (albeit we do sh*t our pants everytime) and these teams get a guaranteed home one every year. At least we don't have to watch Madden circling the turkey wings at every stoppage in play like Michael Jackson drooling at a day care.

And it is especially vomit-inducing now because the games totally suck! At least when Dallas was good and had a good opponent it was interesting. This year we have 2 gems:

Indy @ Detroit

-Oh yeah! What's the line...Colts -9? Hah take that bet people. Lets watch another Manning expo where the game is over by the middle of the second quarter!! Let's hear the announcers slobber again and again over how he calls his own plays. Big deal dude, see Jim Kelly 1990 for the book on that.

Chicago @ Dallas

-Boy if I don't start to get a little nauseuos just thinking about this. Krenzel vs. Testaverde. LUCKY US!! What a stellar matchup. There's nothing I'd rather see than a 7-6 shootout in Big D. Gut wrenching.

It's about time the NFL made this holiday a rotating national game like any other. I love tradition but this one is stupid.

:P:w00t:

Nope. I enjoy the tradition. Even with Madden's turducken and all. Wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it. I'm just thankful that there is football on that day. I don't plan on getting all particular about it and all.

133157[/snapback]

Agreed - complaining about the Thanksgiving games to me is like complaining about the sudden death rule of overtime. It is what it is and there are plenty of other things the league should fix before that.

What is this horsesh*t that we have to watch the fuggin Cowboys and Lions EVERY goddamn year?? First off, why the hell are they so special that they get this national game every year at HOME no less?? It's disgusting. We get ONE national game per year (albeit we do sh*t our pants everytime) and these teams get a guaranteed home one every year. At least we don't have to watch Madden circling the turkey wings at every stoppage in play like Michael Jackson drooling at a day care.

And it is especially vomit-inducing now because the games totally suck! At least when Dallas was good and had a good opponent it was interesting. This year we have 2 gems:

Indy @ Detroit

-Oh yeah! What's the line...Colts -9? Hah take that bet people. Lets watch another Manning expo where the game is over by the middle of the second quarter!! Let's hear the announcers slobber again and again over how he calls his own plays. Big deal dude, see Jim Kelly 1990 for the book on that.

Chicago @ Dallas

-Boy if I don't start to get a little nauseuos just thinking about this. Krenzel vs. Testaverde. LUCKY US!! What a stellar matchup. There's nothing I'd rather see than a 7-6 shootout in Big D. Gut wrenching.

It's about time the NFL made this holiday a rotating national game like any other. I love tradition but this one is stupid.

:P  :w00t:

133155[/snapback]

Its actually Krenzel vs Henson YAWN :huh:

Detroit has been playing on Thanksgiving for 70 years. It is such a tradition in Michigan that people postpone their dinners and get-togethers until later in the day, even though the Lions have been sputtering like an Edsel for most of the last half-century.

And I happen to like the Lions, so there. :(

Like the Bills, they probably need all the fans they can get. At least they have that beautiful new stadium in Downtown Detroit. That's where Super Bowl 40 will be (Ford Field).

As far as Dallas is concerned, I don't know for sure, but my guess is that the NFL asked for a second, later game on Thanksgiving Day.

Hey, if you don't like the games, there's always the "King of the Hill" marathon on FX, or that dog show hosted by J. Peterman on NBC. :w00t:

Mike

Mike is correct. and so are other posters, when you take something for years no one else wants...it's yours. I would say Detroit should keep thiers as they have done it the longest, but why not take it from Dallas and assign it to an AFC team?

Hey, if you don't like the games, there's always the "King of the Hill" marathon on FX, or that dog show hosted by J. Peterman on NBC.  :w00t:

133247[/snapback]

or you could turn on the history channel right now and watch their marathon on that thinksgiving tradition...aliens

or you could turn on the history channel right now and watch their marathon on that thinksgiving tradition...aliens

133256[/snapback]

Hey, my wife actually had that on a moment ago. :w00t:

I prefer the parades myself.

Mike

To me there is nothing greater than a football game on TV, regardless of who is playing. I can assure you that while today's games won't be much in terms of matchups, the truth of the matter is I have to wait eight months to watch football on TV. When it's finally on, I could give a crap who's playing. At least it's on. Turducken and all.

Well, I guess I've been put in my place. :w00t:

I did not know that Detroit and Dallas were the only ones who would do it. Knowing that, then I agree, it does belong to them. I had just figured that it was like one of those "they did it first so they will keep doing it."

I do like watching any football on Thanksgiving. I just thought it would add some special meaning if the Bills were doing it too.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Bart

Well, I guess I've been put in my place. :(

I did not know that Detroit and Dallas were the only ones who would do it. Knowing that, then I agree, it does belong to them. I had just figured that it was like one of those "they did it first so they will keep doing it."

I do like watching any football on Thanksgiving. I just thought it would add some special meaning if the Bills were doing it too.

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Bart

133448[/snapback]

In the early days of the AFL...the Bills used to play the Thanksgiving Day games. :w00t:

http://www.profootballhof.com/history/stats/thanksgiving.jsp