In the Land of the Blind the One-Eyed Man is King

The Dean

I guess none of you ever read 'The Country of the Blind' by H.G. Wells?

In a theme taken from the thread, Wells wrote a story where a man who could see in a land of blindness was the handicapped one.

Here is a link to the short story Click here. The writing style is 100 years old, but if you can get past that, this is a very cool story.

I guess none of you ever read 'The Country of the Blind' by H.G. Wells?

In a theme taken from the thread, Wells wrote a story where a man who could see in a land of blindness was the handicapped one.

Here is a link to the short story Click here. The writing style is 100 years old, but if you can get past that, this is a very cool story.

And yet, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is the only one that can read "The Country of the Blind".

And yet, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is the only one that can read "The Country of the Blind".

I never said they were better off blind, but the story shows they are far from helpless! :wallbash:

I never said they were better off blind, but the story shows they are far from helpless! :wallbash:

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is the only one that knows that since, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is the only one that can read "The Country of the Blind".

Hardly. The One-Eyed Man deftly dodges any fusillade launched by the blind, runs around them, and plants his foot into their backsides at his pleasure.

Except that in the Land of the Blind, the one-eyed man still has ****-ass depth perception.

:wallbash:

You really don't have much good to say about the blind, do you?

I just can't see why you'd say that. :)

Hardly. The One-Eyed Man deftly dodges any fusillade launched by the blind, runs around them, and plants his foot into their backsides at his pleasure.

Exactly, anyone who thinks the one eyed man is outnumbered is croaking smack!