Bills Show Interest In Whitehurst, Tomlinson?

I like it.

LT was always a class act, and we could certainly do alot worse than a back who can run and catch and has had the success that he has had in SD.

Marshawn, though several years younger, would not be viewed as horrible IMO if he were to be traded for a higher round draft pick (mid-2nd or higher).

The QB, though I admit to knowing nothing about him, sounds interesting if Buddy had been responsible for primarily scouting and drafting the kid. I like Nix's comments yesterday at the combine as well about trying to work with what they have on the roster with Edwards. I think that since he has 1 year left on his contract, has neither had a consistent offensive philosophy since his arrival nor an offensive line with which to work behind. Combine that with his relative lack of turnovers considering his young age- granted, the tendency to check down increases completion percentage and decreases chance of turnover- and I would like to see Edwards in a sound system, with a QB mentor like Cortez on the roster, and with a proven O-coordinator like Gailey, AND behind an improving offensive line.

The draft would be a success in my opinion if we would get:

1.) a starting, Pro Bowl quality LT with pick #9.

2.) a dominant TE like Gronkowski in Round 2a

3.) IF Marshawn were to be traded for a 2nd rounder, a NT in Round 2b

4.) a starting RT in the early mid rounds 3-5

5.) and a RB in the later rounds who will eventually take over for Fred and LT (should he be signed and Marshawn traded).

Two things. First tell me which of the O Linemen outside of Okung is a lock to be this probowler you mention at LT? Second...we still have no QB so we will suck.

Please....you think he would be our future franchise QB? Who the hell is this guy?

Charlie Whitehurst passed for 300 yards twice in two years at Clemson, threw for 18 TD's and 27 INT's. Not too impressive of a resume. Giving up a 3rd round pick for this guy? Desperate move.

Two things. First tell me which of the O Linemen outside of Okung is a lock to be this probowler you mention at LT? Second...we still have no QB so we will suck.

your Qb obsession is well noted. Hoever, A team in our division made it to the afc championship game because of a top notch o line and good d. The qb cost them more then helped them. Granted he played better in the playoffs.

My point based on what is available right now. It is possible to put together a o line and improve the d this year. Qb are very important but there is not one attainable right now. Why not fix what we can this year ?

Several problems....

Why would L.T. come to Buffalo? Yes, he still wants to play, but he wants to play for a contender. Don't get me wrong but there is a HUGE difference between being a San Diego Charger and a Buffalo Bill. The Chargers are a better team, nicer city, better weather and nightlife. I think L.T. would look past those things if this were the 1988-1993 Bills.

Expect him to go to the usually talented teams or a place with great weather...i.e. Miami.

I like it.

LT was always a class act, and we could certainly do alot worse than a back who can run and catch and has had the success that he has had in SD.

Marshawn, though several years younger, would not be viewed as horrible IMO if he were to be traded for a higher round draft pick (mid-2nd or higher).

The QB, though I admit to knowing nothing about him, sounds interesting if Buddy had been responsible for primarily scouting and drafting the kid. I like Nix's comments yesterday at the combine as well about trying to work with what they have on the roster with Edwards. I think that since he has 1 year left on his contract, has neither had a consistent offensive philosophy since his arrival nor an offensive line with which to work behind. Combine that with his relative lack of turnovers considering his young age- granted, the tendency to check down increases completion percentage and decreases chance of turnover- and I would like to see Edwards in a sound system, with a QB mentor like Cortez on the roster, and with a proven O-coordinator like Gailey, AND behind an improving offensive line.

The draft would be a success in my opinion if we would get:

1.) a starting, Pro Bowl quality LT with pick #9.

2.) a dominant TE like Gronkowski in Round 2a

3.) IF Marshawn were to be traded for a 2nd rounder, a NT in Round 2b

4.) a starting RT in the early mid rounds 3-5

5.) and a RB in the later rounds who will eventually take over for Fred and LT (should he be signed and Marshawn traded).

I like most of what you said, but with respect to drafting a RB in the later rounds who will eventually start? Didn't we draft Wright and Omon both in rounds 4 and 5? Has Omon proven he's not a future starter? Can you bank on getting a future starter there?

Whitehurst is awful, please believe me, I saw his entire career. The guy is just not good, what's worse is that he looks like he would be size and arm all look ideal but the kid just doesn't have it. I hope we don't get this guy, it would seriously shake my faith in Mr. Nix.

Who the hell was Tom Brady or Tony Romo.

Who the heck is Romo now?? He really hasn't done much at all!! Just has a nice smile when he's happy and whines like a baby when he's not! Dallas isn't that dominant for the big stink that people make over them. How many times have they even made the playoffs the past decade? Not too much at all! Even with Romo they have been an after thought most decembers until this year and really didn't accomplish much in the end this year as well...I think Romo is good QB...But not elite by any measure. There are so many better QB's in the NFL right now...just off the top of my head is Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Drew Breeze, Rothlesberger, B. Favre, Kurt Warner (now retired.), and probably a few others as well...Matt Ryan etc.....So who the hell is Tony Romo now????? :thumbsup:

There is no earthly way they should give up a 3rd for a guy who has thrown ZERO passes in 4 years in the NFL, and basically stunk in college. I'd MAYBE give them a 7th. Seriously...there is no reason to think he has any more value now than the past 4 off seasons, and if they could have gotten a 3rd then, they would have done it in a heartbeat.

This situation looks comparable to RJ/Hasselbeck/Schaub, but it really isn't. Those guys played at least a little bit. Whitehurst hasn't, and has also pretty much sucked in preseason, too.

More or less he was Jevon Snead when he came out. Everything you want from a QB on paper, but jsut was never any good. As for Tomlinson, he has stated his only goal now is to win a championship. Im sure we are high on his list. :thumbsup:
If that was true, he would've played in the 2007 AFC Championship game like his QB did instead of sitting on the bench like the chump he is... unless he's had a heart transplant since then. :thumbsup: