Coming around to Bulaga.

DarthICE

But I have two concerns. First, Iowa OLinemen seem to 'Peak' at Iowa and not progress further, something we can't have happen here with him.

Secondly, I remember Robert Gallery who was MUCH more hyped and prepared to come out and be the next all world/great LT in the NFL. Now he is an overpaid 'Good' LG and we drafted a LG last year.

So if we take him and Nix/ Gailey say its the pick then I am all aboard. I will disagree with them if they feel our QB that is going to lead this team to the playoffs and the Superbowl (yes Superbowl) is on this roster, because he isn't. So LT will be shored up, NT I presume in round 2 which leaves us a huge gaping hole at QB...the most important position on the roster.

But I have two concerns. First, Iowa OLinemen seem to 'Peak' at Iowa and not progress further, something we can't have happen here with him.

Secondly, I remember Robert Gallery who was MUCH more hyped and prepared to come out and be the next all world/great LT in the NFL. Now he is an overpaid 'Good' LG and we drafted a LG last year.

So if we take him and Nix/ Gailey say its the pick then I am all aboard. I will disagree with them if they feel our QB that is going to lead this team to the playoffs and the Superbowl (yes Superbowl) is on this roster, because he isn't. So LT will be shored up, NT I presume in round 2 which leaves us a huge gaping hole at QB...the most important position on the roster.

I have had the not pleasure of watching Gallery for some time now. One thing I would say is I think Baluga has a different mind set and is much more rugged.

I think Gallery is soft

So, we're going to make judgments on a player based on a particular's school's.....or conference's....track record w/ the position, are we?

This was discussed yesterday. NFL.com said that while Gallery was tall, his arms were only 32" long, which isn't long enough (33" is ideal, although some tackles have succeeded with arms that are shorter).

The problem is that Bulaga might be gone by 9th, since most expected his arms to be shorter than 33".

Who I think the Bills should seriously look at, if his weight is in the 350-range, is Terrance Cody.

Yep. Same coach prepared Gallery, same system etc.

And, to think, that's just one coach, as opposed to an entire conference full of coaches who routinely put out less than stellar QB prospects: the Big 12. I think they've "hit" on 1 out of their last 9, and that one is Vince Young. I guess that means we should take a pass on Sam Bradford then.

So, we're going to make judgments on a player based on a particular's school's.....or conference's....track record w/ the position, are we?

I'd expect more out of you mr mod. Unless it's just sarcasm you're using. Penn state LB, Florida QB's, USC RBs, Miami secondary. Not to say ones school determines their future, but it is pretty common to equate schools with positions, based on coaches and systems. Iowas coach is probably the best OL mind currently breathing, so it REALLY makes sense to compare IMO. I like Bulaga and I hope we draft him, but there's reason for skepticism.

I'd expect more out of you mr mod. Unless it's just sarcasm you're using. Penn state LB, Florida QB's, USC RBs, Miami secondary. Not to say ones school determines their future, but it is pretty common to equate schools with positions, based on coaches and systems. Iowas coach is probably the best OL mind currently breathing, so it REALLY makes sense to compare IMO. I like Bulaga and I hope we draft him, but there's reason for skepticism.

It is sarcasm, but I do it to point out how ICE is all for making judgments on a player based on a school's track record, but doesn't apply the same logic to Big 12 QBs, who have continued to flame out in the pros.

Do I think Bradford is another Major Applewhite? Actually, no. But if you can have concern for a guy like Bulaga for the reasons stated, certainly you can have concerns for Bradford for the Big 12's QB track record.

I guess that means we should do the following then: Draft QB coming out of Tenn. cuz that's where Payton Manning went. The next USC or Okla St. running back cuz O.J., Barry Sanders & Thurman. The next WR out of Miss. Vall. St. cuz thats were Jerry Rice went. The Next safety out of USC cuz of Ronnie Lott. The next LB out of North Carolina and/or Illinois cuz of LT and Dick Butckus. And the next DE out of VT cuz of Bruce Smith went there.

Man - this whole draft strategy just got a whole lot easier with this game plan!!