I'm no fan of John Clayton, but he makes sense here...

dave mcbride

Yeah, interesting question. The big question, a lingering one, is: Is Bradford a franchise QB?

This could also be a smokescreen from the Rams in early negotiating or angling for a trade-down.

Personally, I think Suh will be worth the going rate (Berry won't) with the understanding that rookie salaries are inflated and that that's just the way the game is. But if the Rams don't need him as badly, they sort of need to address their own issues.

This does highlight once more the need for a rookie salary cap. Teams shouldn't be *not* drafting the best player available for their needs simply because he's going to command an All-Pro's salary without having done a damn thing in the NFL.

I think he is absolutely correct, which was another reason that Whitner was a poor choice at the place they picked him.

If the team does not have a quarterback, they need to get one. Quarterback is the most important position.

I don't think Clausen will be available when the Bills pick. I hope the Bills trade down because they have too many holes.

I think he is absolutely correct, which was another reason that Whitner was a poor choice at the place they picked him.

If the team does not have a quarterback, they need to get one. Quarterback is the most important position.

I don't think Clausen will be available when the Bills pick. I hope the Bills trade down because they have too many holes.

It's ironic how much this point was argued from 06 to 08. This past year showed it wasn't scheme, injury, or anything else why DW wasn't a good pick. Have good QB play, protect the QB, and rush your opponent's QB and that's a great start. Taking safeties top 10 isn't the thing for rebuilding teams.

With Buffalo desperate for help at LT, QB, RT, NT, and OLB, I could see them trading down. But they'd better hope to get an OT, because after the top 4, it's straight downhill. They'll need that first rounder to start right away.

good, maybe Suh will fall to #9

:nana:

even if he were to fall (which, from what im reading - IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!), he doesn't fit a 3-4 scheme. d-linemen are asked to hold at the point of attack and allow the lb's to run to the ball carrier. he is more a traditional 4-3 penetrating tackle, prob perfect for a tampa 2...

even if he were to fall (which, from what im reading - IS IMPOSSIBLE!!!), he doesn't fit a 3-4 scheme. d-linemen are asked to hold at the point of attack and allow the lb's to run to the ball carrier. he is more a traditional 4-3 penetrating tackle, prob perfect for a tampa 2...

I know, I think you're correct on both points. He wont fall far, and he'd be kind of a "waste of talent" in a 3-4, unless maybe he played a 3-4 end.

just some wishful thinking there...

I know, I think you're correct on both points. He wont fall far, and he'd be kind of a "waste of talent" in a 3-4, unless maybe he played a 3-4 end.

just some wishful thinking there...

i will say that if, for some ungodly reason, we draft any kind of db in the first round, i will personally build an a-team type van and drive up to buffalo and blow through the front of mr nixs' office. nooooooooo doubt.

He would however make excellent trade bait.

I've heard "experts" and other commentators state numerous times that Suh grades out as more of a 3-4 DE than a DT in either the 3-4 or 4-3 scheme. If he falls, and I don't think he will, he's a no brainer unless the number 1 LT is on the board.

Suh could play QB and our D would be better than last year.

PS: Suh can play 1, 3, or 5 tech easy. Stop claiming he is limited.

he's not limited, but most around the league don't see him as a 1 Tech NT so get off it already. He'll be a dominate 4-3 3 tech DT like Warren Sapp in this league though.

What gets me is that none of these QB's want to throw at the combine and prefer to only throw at their college pro day.

That could be a mistake as throwing at the combine helped QB's like Joe Flacco immensly, it really gives the 400+ scouts a look at what you can do vs perhaps the 20 that will attend a pro day.

Oh well, at least we can get a look at Pike

What gets me is that none of these QB's want to throw at the combine and prefer to only throw at their college pro day.

That could be a mistake as throwing at the combine helped QB's like Joe Flacco immensly, it really gives the 400+ scouts a look at what you can do vs perhaps the 20 that will attend a pro day.

Oh well, at least we can get a look at Pike

If people think Bradford is too skinny to play QB in the NFL, they haven't seen Pike. Good QB, but pencil thin. He needs time to bulk up