Gailey plays cards close to chest

BillsRUs

Yeah I know its pretty much a whole new OP about nothing...but hey it's straight from the horse's mouth:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...on-that-front/1

From the article:

1. I don't think we will be trading Lynch.

2. Gailey thinks Bell and Wood will be back for training camp which is a relief.

3. I don't know what to make of his NT or his QB statements.

The quotes from an article in today's Buffalo News certainly would back #1...

Regarding other personnel matters:

• Gailey shed no light on the team's plans at quarterback.

• He acknowledged that offensive tackle is a huge area of need. "The retirement of Brad Butler puts us in a position of need, maybe even moreso than we were. It's something we'll have to address in either free agency or the draft or both. That's where we are right now."

• He suggested he is counting on running back Marshawn Lynch being a strong contributor: "Marshawn is an excellent football player. The guy is extremely talented. He can catch the ball, he can run it, he can run with power, he can get on the edge. He's a very good player. I hope we're able to take him and use him. We're fortunate to have a couple of guys that are good football players at that position. We need to build off that."

Lynch is gone. The way we will 'use him' is to trade him and get some additional draft picks to better this team.

Unfortunately you wont get much for Lynch after the season and offseason he had last year. He is one bad night away from being suspended for a full season and he didnt do anything on the field this year to warrant taking his starting job back. With quality veterans like LT, Westbrook, Taylor available in FA I dont think anyone would give up much in a trade for Lynch. The guys I just mentioned have proven to get it done on the field and off the field they are quality stand up guys.

Yeah I know its pretty much a whole new OP about nothing...but hey it's straight from the horse's mouth:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th...on-that-front/1

From the article:

2. Gailey thinks Bell and Wood will be back for training camp which is a relief.

3. I don't know what to make of his NT or his QB statements.

didnt expect to hear much, he pretty much has to acknowledge the holes at OT and NT but other than that I wouldnt expect him to reveal anything

Unfortunately you wont get much for Lynch after the season and offseason he had last year. He is one bad night away from being suspended for a full season and he didnt do anything on the field this year to warrant taking his starting job back. With quality veterans like LT, Westbrook, Taylor available in FA I dont think anyone would give up much in a trade for Lynch. The guys I just mentioned have proven to get it done on the field and off the field they are quality stand up guys.

Good post. I doubt Lynch will be going anywhere even if we wanted to get rid of him. As long as he stays out of trouble this year I expect him to do better this season. Gailey will find a way to utilize both Jackson and Lynch effectively.

what brohm stuff?

you know the whole, "why not give brohm a chance to show what he's got stuff. who knows he might be good"

its done and over, we saw him play in one game, and thats enough tape for some people to form an intelligent opinion, oh and he was 3rd string in GB, kiss of death right there, unless you are hasselbeck or brunell, but nevermind those two anomalies. clearly, one game is a reflection of someones total ability, and since that's an undeniable fact, brohm sucks, supposedly. <_<

# On the possibility of starting QB Brian Brohm: "I don't try to fit guys into what I want to do," said Gailey. "We'll adapt to what he does best." He did say the Bills are looking at numerous options to improve a lingering problem position.

Does this mean Brohm is the starter for 2010? Kind of sounds like it. Hopefully he picks one of the "numerous options to improve a lingering problem position" instead.

# He admitted it could be tough to find a quality nose tackle as the team switches to a 3-4 defense. "While we're all looking for that prototypical nose guy," Gailey said, "if you can't get it, you adjust."

Does this mean we don't run 3-4 if we don't find a good NT? I've heard him say this before. I'm not convinced 3-4 is a for sure thing. I kindof hope it's not.

# On the possibility of starting QB Brian Brohm: "I don't try to fit guys into what I want to do," said Gailey. "We'll adapt to what he does best." He did say the Bills are looking at numerous options to improve a lingering problem position.

Does this mean Brohm is the starter for 2010? Kind of sounds like it. Hopefully he picks one of the "numerous options to improve a lingering problem position" instead.

# He admitted it could be tough to find a quality nose tackle as the team switches to a 3-4 defense. "While we're all looking for that prototypical nose guy," Gailey said, "if you can't get it, you adjust."

Does this mean we don't run 3-4 if we don't find a good NT? I've heard him say this before. I'm not convinced 3-4 is a for sure thing. I kindof hope it's not.

Ah so you don't want us to switch to the Defense that year in and year out is tougher than hell to deal with? The same type of Defense we went to 4 superbowls with? Yeah....

Lynch is gone. The way we will 'use him' is to trade him and get some additional draft picks to better this team.

You must have an awesome stock portfolio.

Ah so you don't want us to switch to the Defense that year in and year out is tougher than hell to deal with? The same type of Defense we went to 4 superbowls with? Yeah....

What kind of defense do the Indianapolis Colts and New Orleans Saints play?

you know the whole, "why not give brohm a chance to show what he's got stuff. who knows he might be good"

its done and over, we saw him play in one game, and thats enough tape for some people to form an intelligent opinion, oh and he was 3rd string in GB, kiss of death right there, unless you are hasselbeck or brunell, but nevermind those two anomalies. clearly, one game is a reflection of someones total ability, and since that's an undeniable fact, brohm sucks, supposedly. :nana:

If you're serious, that is the dumbest football related thing I ever heard. If you're sarcastic, sorry, it sounds like you're serious.