(OT)NYPD Blue question?

The Poojer

if you are going to start comparing cop/law dramas...i have to go to bat for Homicide Life on the Street.

I don't think I have enjoyed any network televsion as much as i enjoyed that.  especially when they crossed over with Law and Order.

...now the only Drama i enjoy is The Shield....but they might have blew their load last season.  not sure how they can top it.  even though i just read recently that Glen Close will be starring this year.

133092[/snapback]

Homicide was also an outstanding show. Of course, they'd mention it ad nauseum here since it was filmed in Baltimore, but it was one of the best dramas of its time. The show can measure up to some of the best dramas I've seen, actually, though Hill Street Blues is still my favorite TV drama of all time. Homicide would be in there too, along with Blue (of course), St Elsewhere, and a few others.

Man, I thought I was the only one who liked that show. Tucci and Benzali were great, and a young Mary McCormick was nice too. :P

133145[/snapback]

Nope, you weren't the only one. I still have that first season on VHS, as I taped the episodes weekly.

Mary McCormick? Yethhhh, she wathhhh very nithhhh.

24 was my favorite show a couple years back but they've essentially thrown out the format.  Not every place in SoCal is 5 minutes from every other place.

133102[/snapback]

I agree. I never saw the first season, only the second and third. But I commented to a friend that the 3rd season was getting pretty loose with their timeline.

I agree. I never saw the first season, only the second and third. But I commented to a friend that the 3rd season was getting pretty loose with their timeline.

133210[/snapback]

The first 13 episodes of Season 1 are some of the best television I've ever watched. Extremely intense and they stuck with the format completely.

Of course, the rest of the season went downhill somewhat because they only originally planned for those 13 episodes. Fox only ordered 13 episodes initially of a show called '24'.....*sigh*.....

I watch that and Scrubs (as far as network TV goes).  When Blue is off the air, it'll just be Scrubs.  I started watching it because Dennis Franz was on another cop show and the early writing was very good - I've stayed with it out of loyalty, though it's been more disappointing than engaging.  Occasionally I catch Arrested Development but it hasn't garnered a coveted place on the TIVO Season Pass Lineup. 

Other than that: Mail Call, some History Channel stuff, once in awhile back-to-back MXC, Rescue Me, and The Shield .

132989[/snapback]

AD, if you like Scrubs, which I do, too, rent the DVD of a small film called Garden State. The main goofball from Scrubs, Zach Braff, is an amazingly talented guy. I had no idea he had this in him. He wrote, directed and starred in Garden State, (and cast as his girlfriend, Natalie Portman, so he's not dumb either). It may not be your kind of flick, although your wife will like it, but it is very, very good and quirky enough that you may like it. It's just good to know sometimes when an actor that you like has all kinds of other talents (kinda like seeing Christopher Walken dancing in that MTV video). You, or anyone really, should check it out.

AD, if you like Scrubs, which I do, too, rent the DVD of a small film called Garden State. The main goofball from Scrubs, Zach Braff, is an amazingly talented guy. I had no idea he had this in him. He wrote, directed and starred in Garden State, (and cast as his girlfriend, Natalie Portman, so he's not dumb either). It may not be your kind of flick, although your wife will like it, but it is very, very good and quirky enough that you may like it. It's just good to know sometimes when an actor that you like has all kinds of other talents (kinda like seeing Christopher Walken dancing in that MTV video). You, or anyone really, should check it out.

133989[/snapback]

I've been real eager to see this flick. It's gotten great reviews, and I read a terrific interview with Braff about how he came about putting it together.

133989[/snapback]

It's on my list. The local video store has only 2 copies and they have been constantly rented since its release. I saw a show on the making and it looked funny.