Dez Bryant

Yes I am. We need to address QB, LT, NT, Backup NT, LB's WELL before ever thinking of a WR.

I hope Nix and company pick the player that they think is the best available player with the #9 pick. I would also hope that they don't go into the draft saying, "we can only take a QB, NT, LT, or LB with the first few picks". You're right about pointing out where the weaknesses are on this team, and ideally the best players will also fill glaring needs, but to think we should ONLY consider those postions in the draft is foolish. That is precisely how you get into trouble with the draft (reaching for players that had no business going that high).

If you stick to the discipline of taking best available player, over time (I'm talking 3-4 drafts) you end up in a much better postion than constantly drafting based on need. I'm fully confident that Buddy Nix understands this, which is why I'm excited about our upcoming draft.

Whether or not Ralph has handed over the keys 100% to Buddy, and keeps his nose out of things remains to be seen, but one can only hope.

He might be there, but I haven't heard his name on here once. Would it be crazy to take him at 9 or are people really content with Evans/Johnson/Hardy/Parrish as our wideouts? I know we have other needs but we can assume we'll fill some of them via free agency, trade and maybe the 2nd round. Just throwing it out there. I think he's in the mold of Calvin Johnson and Michael Crabtree.

I heard he threw it 70 yards. Maybe thats the arm Nix was talking about when he said " to cut through the winds"

I think taking a WR in the first round is a bad idea. WR is one of the least important positions on the field, because like someone said before me-If there are scrubs blocking and throwing then the only thing that will happen is he will find a new home in 3 or 4 years and will have wasted a pick. WR's like RB's are a dime a dozen, every once in awhile there is a special talent but I don't see anyone coming out this year that fits that profile in either position.

Just ask yourself this;Did TO really do much better then Josh Reed as the #2? No he didn't and thats because we had the same crap QB and Oline talent level.

BTW Reed had 56 rec. at 10.8 Avg. in 13 games and Terrell Owens had 55 rec at 15.1 Avg. in 16 games. I think we can all agree that Owens is a better WR then Reed so then I wonder why he barely out performed him on the field? Guess what else? We lost one more game this past season then we did the one before. Wait but we had 2 #1 receivers, how can that be? Weird I know. Do you REALLY think that Dez Bryant is the answer? I think he would be if we were lets say... The Ravens. We though, are not the Ravens, We have a lot more work to do then them.

I don't think you want a WR in the first round, but if Golden Tate somehow falls to us in round 2, or is available earlier in round 2 via a reasonable trade, I'd jump on it. The kid just gets open. He doesn't have a lot of the prototypical speed or size people like in a WR, but we've looked for those kinds of measurables before and gotten burned. I'd take Tate anywhere he can be gotten in round 2.

I think taking a WR in the first round is a bad idea. WR is one of the least important positions on the field, because like someone said before me-If there are scrubs blocking and throwing then the only thing that will happen is he will find a new home in 3 or 4 years and will have wasted a pick. WR's like RB's are a dime a dozen, every once in awhile there is a special talent but I don't see anyone coming out this year that fits that profile in either position.

Just ask yourself this;Did TO really do much better then Josh Reed as the #2? No he didn't and thats because we had the same crap QB and Oline talent level.

BTW Reed had 56 rec. at 10.8 Avg. in 13 games and Terrell Owens had 55 rec at 15.1 Avg. in 16 games. I think we can all agree that Owens is a better WR then Reed so then I wonder why he barely out performed him on the field? Guess what else? We lost one more game this past season then we did the one before. Wait but we had 2 #1 receivers, how can that be? Weird I know. Do you REALLY think that Dez Bryant is the answer? I think he would be if we were lets say... The Ravens. We though, are not the Ravens, We have a lot more work to do then them.

Good post. The TO comparison is right on. (Someone is bound to disagree.)

Also, there are plenty of later-round WRs who have been breaking out over the past two seasons on better teams. 1st rounders on bad teams rarely outperform lower drafted WRs on better teams, so a bad team should never waste this pick on WR.

1.OT

2.DT(hopefuly Cody)

3.WR or QB

3.WR or QB

If this happens I believe we have a winning season next year maybe even playoffs we can get a RT in free Agency.

You forgot one of the most important needs LB as we switch to a 3-4 Ellison ouch , mitchell over rated and comimg off injury, Poz ok but not great , any Maybin keep your fingers crossed! Next to the nose tackle the LB'S make the 3-4 work! :thumbsup:

There may not be make-a-difference tackles past the 2nd round.

There may not be any make-a-difference quarterbacks past the 7th pick.

There will be make-a-difference receivers in this draft into the 5th round.

You argue that there will be "make-a-difference" WRs into the 5th round?

This must be an exceptional year for WRs then, because if that were true

every year, then no team would spend high picks on WRs and there would

be such an abundance of WRs in the league that no team would be without.

While I don't disagree that OT, QB (and NT) are more important positions to

fill for the Bills this year, I do disagree that they can count on finding a

good contributing WR in the 3rd round, much less 5th round. Note that I didn't

say it couldn't be done, just that it is unlikely - no more or less likely (IMHO)

than finding a decent contributing OT, QB or NT in those later rounds.

Good post. The TO comparison is right on. (Someone is bound to disagree.)

Also, there are plenty of later-round WRs who have been breaking out over the past two seasons on better teams. 1st rounders on bad teams rarely outperform lower drafted WRs on better teams, so a bad team should never waste this pick on WR.

That someone is bound to be me. Josh Reed has played with a prolific Bledsoe and a competent Losman (at least in 2006). Last year, TO played with absolute junk and had 7 TD's. Does Reed have 7 TD's in whole career? Maybe? If you people think that Andre Johnson doesn't make Houston better or Randy Moss didn't make the Vikings or the Patriots better, you're crazy! In fact I think that WR is one position where talent supercedes being plugged into the right system. Any competent young top 3 rounds-drafted RB is going to be fine in a good offense with a good OL. Brian Cushing benefited from playing with a good group of LB's. But look at Calvin Johnson! He is sick even if Dan Orlovsky is throwing to him. A freak WR, which Bryant might be, has to be considered. I really question the knowledge of the people on this board sometimes, particularly Darth Ice. You're telling me that, relatively speaking, you're more comfortable with Evans/Johnson/Hardy/Parrish than Poz/Mitchell/Schobel/Maybin? I'm certainly not. Every year, it's the same story- our defense is adequate but then burns out eventually because our offense friggin blows. Wake up people.