Congrats

buffalo_bills

Geez this is a refreshing thread.

A question: do I remember correctly that there's no third place game, so if you make it to the semi's you've clinched a bronze (because they give it to both semi losers)?

Geez this is a refreshing thread.

A question: do I remember correctly that there's no third place game, so if you make it to the semi's you've clinched a bronze (because they give it to both semi losers)?

Pretty sure the losers play a consolation game, where the winner gets the Bronze. Used to be this way, anyway.

I know most of you are americans, and i would like to say congrats on your win against us. I am from Toronto lol, and very dissapointed of course, but u guys deserved it. Oh and btw, Miller is a beast, can he play football?? Anyways, congrats on your win.

You guys beat us in curling. So the score is one to one. The only way to break this tie, is with a game of Beer Pong at the TBD Opener Tailgate party!

It could if they reduced it to a 8 team league :P

Note too, no fighting due to a automatic suspension and the immediate icing (no touch up).

I like both of those rules and would be all for the NHL adopting both next season. Fat chance of that though, too many people think the fighting is "necessary".

Because it is. It was very obvious as the games went on and the sticks started coming up. Virtually every whistle was followed by a pitch fork and slash. Good luck keeping a lid on that for 82 games.

There's nothing wrong with fighting in hockey. If you don't like it, watch college hockey and enjoy all the dirty stick work and hitting from behind there.

Because it is. It was very obvious as the games went on and the sticks started coming up. Virtually every whistle was followed by a pitch fork and slash. Good luck keeping a lid on that for 82 games.

There's nothing wrong with fighting in hockey. If you don't like it, watch college hockey and enjoy all the dirty stick work and hitting from behind there.

And there is none of that in a NHL game. Fighting is not necessary in my opinion, and the Olympics shows that pretty well. But it is a very popular aspect of the game. Watch the crowd the next time you are at a game and notice the response to a good play as opposed to when two guys drop the gloves.

And there is none of that in a NHL game. Fighting is not necessary in my opinion, and the Olympics shows that pretty well.

There's more than enough of it in an NHL game and much of that has to do with the ridiculous notion that fighting isn't necessary (which is to be expected given the commissioner has about as much hockey insight as the average Bushman of the Kalihari). If the NHL really wanted to minimize fighting they could do it but that would mean New York would have to be consistent with the way they deal with dirty players. To this point they refuse to do so.

The biggest problem I have with fighting is the specialized players every team carries now. Absolute crap.

The Olympics doesn't show crap because no team faces another team more than twice. You're comparing apples to cement blocks.

But it is a very popular aspect of the game. Watch the crowd the next time you are at a game and notice the response to a good play as opposed to when two guys drop the gloves.

Of course it's popular. It's fighting for crying out loud.

Want Ryan back in Buffalo. Want him here to play for the Sabres. I don't care about the gold in the Olympics anymore because they are all pros. Years ago the Olympics was all about amateurs. The team that won in 1980 was 100% amateur.

And it was special because the Russians weren't. It was a once in a life time thing. Olympic hockey was pretty much unwatchable both before and since.

Don't let that get in the way of a good story. Virtually ALL athletes in the Olympics now are "professionals" and the quality is quite obvious.

The players LOVE playing in the Olympics and should always be allowed to do so. It's great for the game.

There's more than enough of it in an NHL game and much of that has to do with the ridiculous notion that fighting isn't necessary (which is to be expected given the commissioner has about as much hockey insight as the average Bushman of the Kalihari). If the NHL really wanted to minimize fighting they could do it but that would mean New York would have to be consistent with the way they deal with dirty players. To this point they refuse to do so.

The biggest problem I have with fighting is the specialized players every team carries now. Absolute crap.

The Olympics doesn't show crap because no team faces another team more than twice. You're comparing apples to cement blocks.

Of course it's popular. It's fighting for crying out loud.

This is one of the biggest issues I have with the NHL. I don't understand how the NHL doesn't realize they are completely clueless on the handling of each case.