One thing I have not seen mentioned yet

He was pretty impressive as a receiver for us last year......but his blocking needed a LOT of work.....

Lets hope this is a big focus this offseason

I believe thats why fine was released instead of schouman, schouman is known as a better blocker, so Nelson will prob be our flex reciever TE, but he still needs to improve his blocking. Either way, he's a dangerous receiver and hopefully this new staff will be able to utilize his talent to spread the field.

After watching every game last year. The main problem with Nelson wasn`t his blocking . It was his health,that kept him off the field. I think the kid will be good enough as a blocker. If he can stay healthy ,the sky is the limit. Great hands ,speed and his blocking didn`t look any worse than the other TE`s on the team. I hope these new trainers and strenght coaches work for him and the rest of the team. Let`s go Buffaloooo.

I think they'll work on it, but they'll most likely sign a 6th OT type TE to help with the run game and let Nelson become the Y open (split out) player. Brandon Manumaleuna sticks out as an option, as well as the recently departed (two years ago) Michael Gaines amongst others...

Guest dog14787
He was pretty impressive as a receiver for us last year......but his blocking needed a LOT of work.....

Lets hope this is a big focus this offseason

Shaun Nelson, an actual quality TE with great hands and big play potential.

One of the biggest reasons why our QB's as of late have struggled. The QB needs a good TE security blanket, especially during development. The lack of a pass catching TE over the last few years shows the incompetence of the Buffalo Bills upper management in my opinion.

I believe thats why fine was released instead of schouman, schouman is known as a better blocker, so Nelson will prob be our flex reciever TE, but he still needs to improve his blocking. Either way, he's a dangerous receiver and hopefully this new staff will be able to utilize his talent to spread the field.

plus Schouman was off to a good start last year

Yes, the main concern with Nelson is staying healthy. My vision would be to sign Ben Watson as the down TE and shift Nelson all over the place....other side of the line....right next to Watson.....over to the slot. Ooooooh yeah!!!! It's the way of the new world man!!!