Dare I say it?

95altima12

I watched him a good bit this passed year and I think with a 1/2 way decent Oline he would be good. Wash Oline looked worse than ours imo... of course I didn't see too many wash games but he did throw 20 TD's while getting sacked 43 TIMES! of the games I saw I don't think most of those were his fault his line was horible.

Pros

He wouldn't want a huge contract

Has some NFL experiance

Also could be a futrue QB

We could use our first and maybe second or third picks on Oline

Cons

Could pass for a black JP Losman

"Jason Campbell, Washington Redskins (28) – Restricted FA (UFA-CBA)

Despite captaining the Redskins to a 4-12 record, 2009 was really the best season for Jason Campbell. He set career highs in completion percentage, yards, yards per attempt, touchdowns, and quarterback rating. Campbell has the potential to be a high-end quarterback, but hasn’t been consistent enough to string together a couple of complete, consecutive games. He made some improvement over the 2nd half of the season, but the Redskins’ front office hasn't shown confidence in his abilities. With Mike Shanahan set to become the new head coach, Campbell could thrive with some tutoring from a great quarterback coach, but will the Redskins give him that chance? In a best case scenario, Campbell will be given a high restricted tender, or a short-term offer, depending on the CBA."

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched him a good bit this passed year and I think with a 1/2 way decent Oline he would be good. Wash Oline looked worse than ours imo... of course I didn't see too many wash games but he did throw 20 TD's while getting sacked 43 TIMES! of the games I saw I don't think most of those were his fault his line was horible.

Pros

Has some NFL experiance

Cons

Despite captaining the Redskins to a 4-12 record, 2009 was really the best season for Jason Campbell. He set career highs in completion percentage, yards, yards per attempt, touchdowns, and quarterback rating. Campbell has the potential to be a high-end quarterback, but hasn’t been consistent enough to string together a couple of complete, consecutive games. He made some improvement over the 2nd half of the season, but the Redskins’ front office hasn't shown confidence in his abilities. With Mike Shanahan set to become the new head coach, Campbell could thrive with some tutoring from a great quarterback coach, but will the Redskins give him that chance? In a best case scenario, Campbell will be given a high restricted tender, or a short-term offer, depending on the CBA."

I would not hate it if we brought in Campbell to compete with Edwards as long as we draft another option in the first 3 or 4 rounds for our future.. I understand Campbell and Edwards are both relatively young, but I'd still like to see another young arm.. My first choice is Clausen...

NO WAY!! I live in MD and watch the deadskins all the time. Campbell can't throw a 5 to 7 yard pass and has a redicoulas wind up throwing motion. He makes bad mistakes with the ball at crucial times and has had his share of sacks in DC. Also, he's very soft spoken and doesn't look like a leader.

Say no and move on.

At this point in time, I'd be for signing/trading for a QB that had to work his butt off to win the starting job...and not just have it handed to him because we paid a hefty price to get him here...

I really don't think Edwards/Brohm are all that bad...new coaches new life...so bring in a guy that will push the two and may the best man win.

Like the country song says...good football fans love bad quaterbacks. Why is it Bills fans somehow see potential in every failing QB but not the ones already on this team?

PTR

It's the JP Losman curse... I have been tryin to shake it... I thought I lost his jersey... found it the other day at my gf's grandmothers house after like 3 or 4 years later.

Like the country song says...good football fans love bad quaterbacks. Why is it Bills fans somehow see potential in every failing QB but not the ones already on this team?

PTR

I don't see what's wrong with giving Trent Edwards a chance to come back with a clean slate and learn under Gailey. Don't hand him the starting job, but let him compete for it. Gailey did wonders for Thigpen. Maybe he can turn Edwards back into the guy who seemed to have so much promise until Jauron did a number on him.

I don't see what's wrong with giving Trent Edwards a chance to come back with a clean slate and learn under Gailey. Don't hand him the starting job, but let him compete for it. Gailey did wonders for Thigpen. Maybe he can turn Edwards back into the guy who seemed to have so much promise until Jauron did a number on him.

Sure, let him compete, as long as he's cut by the middle of training camp to allow someone with an upside to get more reps.

Pros

Has some NFL experiance

Cons

PLease stop all these FA QB posts. Edwards will be the starter - like it or not. He is already on the roster and under contract with no threat to hold out. The Bills need to draft a QB in round 2-4 and spend there limited FA dollars on offensive lineman, LB's, and a quality NT(not sure there will be a great option in FA if Wilfork is franchised). The switch to a 3-4 defense and now the retirement of Butler make too many holes to waste the few dollars RW will spend on a QB who may be no better than Edwards.

Hey CarolinaBill, that avatar is in really poor taste, it's actually pretty offensive. I don't see the need to mock religious beliefs on a football forum.

Im not mocking anybody, and it's surely not offensive to me or my people, would you prefer I change it?

Because Trent has had a chance and has proven that his only success comes when he dumps the ball off short, like Kelly "Dink & Dunk" Holcomb. Trent as a backup, sure, they could do worse. Thigpen would be a better option for a starter then Edwards, cause as you said, Chan has already had success with the guy on a Bad KC team

The Bills don't have towaste a pick on a "project" QB of the future in the mid to late draft, they already have that in Brohm. Brohm was a 2nd rounder who hasn't been given a shot yet to show what he can do. His 1 start came a few weeks after he was given a completly new offence to learn, and a new team to get used to. Draft a QB early in the draft that can start right away like Flacco, Ryan, or Sanchez have, or make a deal for a proven veteran like McNabb. Someone like Vick, Campbell, thigpen, etc are all second tier options as stop gaps with bigger upside