yet another take on lynch to the chagers

bkc

I'll take cromartie and a 4th for lynch in a heartbeat, RB's are a dime a dozen, and we'll need another CB for when mcgee goes down AGAIN.....

Maybe i'm out on alimb on this one, but I kind of liked Drayton Florence and his swagger.

Florence ain't too bad, but he's no spring chicken neither, like McGee. Maybe you mostly play Cromartie when you know the other team will mostly be passing!... :thumbsup: I gotta say though, CarolinaBill makes the most sense so far, even with Cromarties tackling issues.........

I don't mind trading Lynch for a proven player.

HOWEVER...Cromartie would NOT be that player.

A LB, NT, Tackle, or someone of that kind of position would be more desired.

agree. Lynch still has great upside and trading him creates another hole on this team. Lynch for McNeil would be great as long as we are all dreaming.

If we trade Lynch we need to fill an existing hole and Cromartie is not what we need.

Moving Lynch would be the same thing as moving Peters. You'll end up having to use a pick to replace him and you won't have an idea of what you will get. You have to have two RB's in the league nowadays. We have enough holes to plug without creating another one!

I thought that our obsession with stockpiling DB's died with Jauron...

How much time does Lynch have on his contract? Can you see us re-signing him?

If the right offer of players/picks was made, I would trade him. We can pick up a backup HB (Jackson is starter) in free agency, then draft a workhorse next year. No way Lynch is on this team after his contract expires, might as well get something for him now.

Moving Lynch would be the same thing as moving Peters. You'll end up having to use a pick to replace him and you won't have an idea of what you will get. You have to have two RB's in the league nowadays. We have enough holes to plug without creating another one!

I thought that our obsession with stockpiling DB's died with Jauron...

In theory this isn't the same as peters, RB's are a dime a dozen, but there is no surplus on LT's in the NFL. Mcgee is forever on the injured list, so dump marshawn, who is 1 mistake away from a long suspension, for a quality starting corner plus a pick is a good trade. We would have to resign cromartie anyway, he's in the last yr of his deal. But he's a 10 pick a yr guy ability wise, mcgee can switch to the nickel till he retires

Once again listen to CarolinaBill. RB and LT are two totally different stories, and the "Jauron stockpiling of DB's" thing doesn't fly either. It's not like we are using a draft pick on one. I know our secondary is good, a strength of our team if you will, but it isn't as good as many here make it out to be. Lots of tipped passes just happened to fall right to our guys hands quite a bit this past season, making a much better pass rating along with many teams running at will on us. Not one guy on the roster can be called having "lock down" skills (McKelvin may, but sure hasn't shown it yet), Cromartie, at least in pass coverage, gives us that type of guy. It's also like CarolinaBill said, McGee can move to the nickle, where he should of been playing his entire career.