Bills +5 @ Seattle

soljc

Ok, thanks to ATBGN, BuffOrange, Johnny and my magic 8-ball, I grabbed the Bills +1.5 in multiple bets and have been smiling all week, for once. So, what's the feeling for this week on the road?

I figure we'll see a lot of Alexander given that Seattle will likely be without Hasselbeck and Robinson, which I think plays into our strength, run defense. On offense, I'm still not sold we can score every week, but Seattle's defense is horrid. If Bills can keep it close, 5 points may prove the difference. Do I dare bet Bills back to back? :lol:

It's a road game. Remember, that line is basically saying if this was played in Montana, the line would be Bills +2.

I wouldn't touch this game with a 10-foot pole.

132555[/snapback]

It's a road game against a non-rival NFC opponent. That automatically gives us a much better shot at winning than against the always tough AFC.

It's a road game against a non-rival NFC opponent.  That automatically gives us a much better shot at winning than against the always tough AFC.

132584[/snapback]

But the Bills record for west coast games SUCKS! Aren't they like 2-4 in their last 6 out here? And didn't Seattle hand us one of the biggest ASS kickings in Bills history?

I like the points.

You want a winner? A team that will cover the spread?

Take the giants and the points. This play fits into a system that I used to follow. I have not bet for many years, and will never bet again due to family responsibilities.

That said, if I was still willing to gamble, I would consider this game to be as close to a "lock" as it gets.

I like the points.

Take the giants and the points. This play fits into a system that I used to follow. I have not bet for many years, and will never bet again due to family responsibilities.

That said, if I was still willing to gamble, I would consider this game to be as close to a "lock" as it gets.

132661[/snapback]

+ 7 over Philly?

Wanna PM me some details on what this is based on?

I like the points.

132661[/snapback]

Agreed.

I wouldnt be suprised if the Giants win outright.

Agreed.

I wouldnt be suprised if the Giants win outright.

132677[/snapback]

Where is this logic coming from?? Rookie QB in his 2nd game against one of the hottest teams in the NFL, and you think this is a lock?

Where is this logic coming from??  Rookie QB in his 2nd game against one of the hottest teams in the NFL, and you think this is a lock?

132682[/snapback]

Teams laying 7 more often then not are the ultimate sucker bets.

Division game- just feel it being a close game

Thanks for the plug, but like I said I ususally stay away from Bills games. One, it's hard to separate heart/head/frustration from logic and two, the Bills are too much of a jeckyl & hyde team, kinda like the Saints. Last week just happened to be my annual gut-feeling that everything would come together against an overrated NFC team (like the Redskins game last year).

This game reminds me a lot of the 1st Jets game. A bit of a suspicious low spread on the road against a team that nobody really knows if they're any good or not. I don't see Koren Robinson as much of a loss - he's been a bust his whole career. Seattle's defense has been sort of feast-or-famine the last couple years. They seem to either give up a lot of points, or they get a lot of turnovers which makes them look better than they really are. I'd say the latter is more likely this week given that Drew Bledsoe in a white uniform is prominently involved. So, I would stay away but bet Seattle if I had to.

If anybody reads the Sports Guy - you should know not to bet the underdogs this year unless you think there's a reasonable chance they can win the game outright. There haven't been many situations this year where the underdog has covered and lost. That's one reason I wouldn't pick the Giants this week. Well that, and Eli Manning is not God contrary to what Aikman & Collinsworth were claiming last week. A rookie QB and a terrible OL spells disaster against one of the more complex blitz-schemes in the league in Philadelphia.

Also, I like Houston +1 vs. Tennessee. Rare opportunity to bet on the better team at home without giving points. It's not like the Titans have just been losing games in fluke fashion this year - they're just not that good; and people just don't realize it yet.

Ok, thanks to ATBGN, BuffOrange, Johnny and my magic 8-ball, I grabbed the Bills +1.5 in multiple bets and have been smiling all week, for once.  So, what's the feeling for this week on the road?

I figure we'll see a lot of Alexander given that Seattle will likely be without Hasselbeck and Robinson, which I think plays into our strength, run defense.  On offense, I'm still not sold we can score every week, but Seattle's defense is horrid.  If Bills can keep it close, 5 points may prove the difference.  Do I dare bet Bills back to back?   :P

132552[/snapback]

Thanks soljc - unfortunately, I don't like the Bills this week. I try to avoid bad road teams, and the Bills certainly qualify. On the other hand, the AFC is so much better than the AFC that I can't in good conscience lay 5 with Seattle - they could easily drop any game to anyone - witness the game last week.

I tend to gravitate towards home dogs, and it just so happened that the Bills turned up last week. Good luck to all our "investors" this time around. :w00t:

Thanks soljc - unfortunately, I don't like the Bills this week. I try to avoid bad road teams, and the Bills certainly qualify. On the other hand, the AFC is so much better than the AFC that I can't in good conscience lay 5 with Seattle - they could easily drop any game to anyone - witness the game last week.

I tend to gravitate towards home dogs, and it just so happened that the Bills turned up last week. Good luck to all our "investors" this time around.  :P

132899[/snapback]

I took them moneyline vs the Jets. Something like +135 or so. I rarely ever bet the Bills. Couldn't stand the temptation. This game vs. Seattle is not a good game to bet by any stretch.

If anybody reads the Sports Guy - you should know not to bet the underdogs this year unless you think there's a reasonable chance they can win the game outright.  There haven't been many situations this year where the underdog has covered and lost.  That's one reason I wouldn't pick the Giants this week.  Well that, and Eli Manning is not God contrary to what Aikman & Collinsworth were claiming last week.  A rookie QB and a terrible OL spells disaster against one of the more complex blitz-schemes in the league in Philadelphia. 

Also, I like Houston +1 vs. Tennessee.  Rare opportunity to bet on the better team at home without giving points.  It's not like the Titans have just been losing games in fluke fashion this year - they're just not that good; and people just don't realize it yet.

132720[/snapback]

Sorry for the shameless plug, cha ching. I'm liking GB tommorow night too.