If you don't like this years crop of QB's..

DarthICE

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Next years really sucks....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospec...ngs/TSX/2012_QB

Not one guy on there that is worthy of first round status. If we go LT or some other position in the first, we better hope Nix feels someone in the 2nd can get the job done or else we are screwed for a long time.

This is the 2012 list so it's too early to tell about some of these guys. Right now, the top guy for 2011 is Jake Locker from Washington. It's a long year though.

I don't think there is any way that the Bills don't draft the potential qb of the future in this draft. Bottom line is, they have to.

No matter what they do outside the qb position, they will not be able to sell the team as a product to the fans without hope at the qb position. If there were a good FA option, then I wouldn't be saying this, but there isn't.

Rookie QB's take almost 3 years to get to the point where they are really leading a team. We've been waiting over a decade. I don't think the new regime will risk telling the fans to wait one more year.

And also, to this thread's point, Locker is an absolute stud, and Mallet is pretty good also. Usually, two first round qb's is what you see in a draft, so I don't agree with this at all.

I don't think there is any way that the Bills don't draft the potential qb of the future in this draft. Bottom line is, they have to.

No matter what they do outside the qb position, they will not be able to sell the team as a product to the fans without hope at the qb position. If there were a good FA option, then I wouldn't be saying this, but there isn't.

Rookie QB's take almost 3 years to get to the point where they are really leading a team. We've been waiting over a decade. I don't think the new regime will risk telling the fans to wait one more year.

And also, to this thread's point, Locker is an absolute stud, and Mallet is pretty good also. Usually, two first round qb's is what you see in a draft, so I don't agree with this at all.

There it is in a nutshell. When kitty errr Edwards came out against NE you could hear the boos clearly on TV. It is well past time to move on from this clown

We'll get a veteran and a developmental guy.

http://nflmocks.com/2010/02/11/buffalo-bil...n-a-veteran-qb/

The Buffalo Bills new head coach Chan Gailey said in a press conference today that the team will look into acquiring a veteran quarterback.

“This is a quarterback-driven league at this point,” Gailey said. “It hasn’t always been that way, but it seems to have become more so in the last decade or so. You have to have a quality player there. It does not have to be a big-name player. You just have to have quality production. That’s the decision you’re trying to make.”

Gailey on the other hand says that he has not finished evaluating the current signal-callers on his roster — Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trent Edwards and Brian Brohm.

“The staff got together completely yesterday,” Gailey said. “We’ve been spending the last day and a half going through the evaluation process. I’ve looked at them quite a bit but I want the rest of the offensive staff to look at quarterbacks and let’s get a good evaluation of where we think we are today and where we need to be. . . . Before we get to the first day of free agency we’ll have a good idea of where we need to be.”

How do you figure next years draft is worse in the qb department? Locker is better than clausen and bradford combined. Plus you have possibly four qb's projected in the first round. How many are in the first round this year? Two?! Next year you have Jake Locker (Washington), Ryan Mallet (Arkansas), Terrelle Pryor (Ohio State), and Pat Devlin (Delaware), all of which are projected first round selections. Plus you have Chris Ponder out of FSU, who would be a very solid second round pick. I dont understand how 2011 will be a worse qb draft than this year, please explain. :devil:

Locker didn't come out this year because he was given a 2nd round grade for this years draft.

Link

Um, just about everyone expected Locker to be the first QB taken in this draft, including Kiper. Make no mistake about it, Locker was going to go top 10 this year and could have easily gone top 3.

Um, just about everyone expected Locker to be the first QB taken in this draft, including Kiper. Make no mistake about it, Locker was going to go top 10 this year and could have easily gone top 3.

Yeah, I agree. In fact, I've heard many people say he could have been the number 1 overall Qb taken. He has the kind of tools that would light it up at the combine.

How do you figure next years draft is worse in the qb department? Locker is better than clausen and bradford combined. Plus you have possibly four qb's projected in the first round. How many are in the first round this year? Two?! Next year you have Jake Locker (Washington), Ryan Mallet (Arkansas), Terrelle Pryor (Ohio State), and Pat Devlin (Delaware), all of which are projected first round selections. Plus you have Chris Ponder out of FSU, who would be a very solid second round pick. I dont understand how 2011 will be a worse qb draft than this year, please explain. :devil:

That bolded part just ended any credibility right there. Locker can't hold eithers jock.

And some team would have paid dearly, Locker is NOT worth a first rounder by any step of the imagination.

WOW ...the all out DarthICE blitz campaign rolls on. We have gone from:

1) Diminishing the need for an LT vs a QB

to

2) Bradford is god

to

3) I found a hidden gem future star at LT in blah blah

to

4) Next years crop of QBs sucks so we should get one this year.

Do you work in public relations ICE?