Update on Bradford from NFLN

DarthICE

Edwards took a !@#$ing beating in college behind an abysmal OL. Bradford had one of the best lines in football and still got hurt.

If you're going to be an opinionated homer at least be honest. Have some integrity.

Dude, your respsonse makes it seem as if Bradford was injured every year. This is football - ANY player can get hurt. Just b/c you take 100 shots and never get injured doesn't mean that the next shot won't injure you. Bradford never missed a game until his senior season.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't dislike Bradford but two injuries to his throwing shoulder would scare the **** out of me as a GM.

Trent Edwards gets ripped as being fragile yet his arm is equal to Bradford's, he's got a quicker release and compared to Bradford, Trent looks like Kimbo freaking Slice.

I'm worried that if an NFL linebacker hits Bradford on a blitz that he might break into pieces.

Too much risk IMO.

:rolleyes: Calm down guy.

If Bradford is there at our pick, any thoughts of trading down with someone that wants him? Trading back 5-10 spots gives us still a good chance at grabbing a top LT or DT, and the extra second could really help. It all depends on whether the coaching staff is sold on him or not.

That's the right idea.

Honestly, I like Bradford, but I hate the idea of watching him get snapped in half behind a line that can't protect him because the Bills once again neglected to address the OL. Unless you're Kurt Warner or Favre, and we're talking historically tough dudes at the position, there is only so much abuse you can take and still lead a team to success.

That's your problem right there. I watched a lot of OU games and he doesn't scream good NFL QB to me. Of course when some dares say that about Bradford, you accuse them of not watching games or hating on him. I have no reason to hate on him. i jsut don't think he's that good. Obviously, you can't stand an opinion that doesn't agree with yours.

What exactly is it about Bradford's game that concerns you? Specifically.

What exactly is it about Bradford's game that concerns you? Specifically.

In no particular order:

1) The injury. Injuries to throwing arms are particularly scary. Not saying it would deter me that much if I was really high on him, but still a concern.

2) Not a big fan of QBs from powerhouse schools. They play with insane talent, never face a real pass rush, mostly likely have good defense & STs. The game is much easier for them. I don't think it is a coincidence that a lot of the top NFL QBs are from non-powerhouse schools.

3) Arm. Not terrible but not particularly strong. I have never watched him and thought this will be a star NFL QB one day.

4) The system. This is the same system that made Jason White a Heisman trophy winner and Josh Heupel a national champ. Bradford is better than those guys but who's to say how much? good systems can make QBs in college.

5) His frame. Despite what homers will lead you to believe, OU has very good linemen that become NFL players. Bradford never has taken many hits. The couple he's taken haven't been monster shots, yet he has gotten injured. Mostly, he will go to a team that will struggle to protect him. I see him struggling to play a full 16 game NFL season.

Like I said before, I kinda like Bradford. Seems like a good guy so it isn't personal. Unlike some, I don't care about my internet credibility and would love for him to prove me wrong. The NFL is better with more quality QB play. However, I think there are too many questions surrounding him to really be comfortable with him as a franchise top 10 QB. I easily could see him taking a Brady Quinn like drop (which might be best for him because it will take a lot of pressure away of beign a savior) at the draft. Time will tell I guess. I would support him obviously if he's our pick but I'd have huge doubts.

I agree. But do you still feel the same way about Jimmy C when he measures in at 6'1" instead of 6'3" in his pro day?

Absolutely. It's that kind of thinking that caused Drew Brees to be drafted in the 2nd round and traded to New Olreans in favor of Phillip Rivers who has the more prototypical size.

Superbowl winning QB Drew Brees shoulder was destroyed in his last game in SD and no one but NO took a chance on him because of his shoulder? How did that workout for Miami that passed on him and NO that took the chance?

BTW Same outstanding surgeon that did Brees' arm did Bradfords and he says bradford is going to be just fine. Oh and a torn labrum/ Rotator cuff (brees) is worse than a Grade III Shoulder sepreration with no Rotator cuff damage (Bradford).

Bradford is not injury prone and his arm is going to be just fine. Someone is going to get a hell of a QB

But sticking with known poor QBs in Fitzpatrick or Edwards as their starting QB does "jive"? If Bradford is there at 9 you take him, he would have been the number 1 pick last season and by all accounts is healthy now.

GOD NO!... As I have said repeatedly there are MANY FA or RFA QBs that along with a great rookie LT at #9 could come in here and make us light years better than what we have been the last 2.5 years. Any of these guys could develop into the franchise guy OR while our o-line strives to become competent, keep the seat warm for the guy we eventually get who will be the franchise.

I predict even with the shoulder injury Bradford has been working out and eating and when the Scouting Combine rolls around he'll weigh in at 225 or more. Teams won't be as afraid of him being too thin a he'll never even get close enough for us to pick him anyways.

Pretty much what I just said in the other Bradford thread. After the combine and pro day Bradford won't even get near our pick. We will not even have the opportunity to draft him anyways.........

Agreed.

I'm a firm believer that we have to keep building up our O-Line so I'd prefer to snag one of the top OTs when our pick rolls around, but I dont think we'll even get the chance to debate Bradford over Okung/Buluga etc because Bradford will go top 5.

Brees was a pro bowl QB when he hurt his shoulder. Bradford has proved nothing at the NFL level.

Injury is injury. Miami and other teams passed on Brees probowl or not because of the shoulder. Per the original post, Bradford is NOT injury prone, his shoulder will be fine and he will end up being a hell of a QB for someone. I can only pray it's us

Right. And don't get me wrong, I want a franchise QB just as bad as Ice does, but if we are "forced" to go LT and then NT with the first two picks, it would be a much more comfortable situation for the next guy we try at QB. On the down side of that, with the improvements made we probably won't have a bad enough record the get a top QB next year......

Superbowl winning QB Drew Brees shoulder was destroyed in his last game in SD and no one but NO took a chance on him because of his shoulder? How did that workout for Miami that passed on him and NO that took the chance?

BTW Same outstanding surgeon that did Brees' arm did Bradfords and he says bradford is going to be just fine. Oh and a torn labrum/ Rotator cuff (brees) is worse than a Grade III Shoulder sepreration with no Rotator cuff damage (Bradford).

Bradford is not injury prone and his arm is going to be just fine. Someone is going to get a hell of a QB

Darth - your boy is headed to either St. Louis or Washington. My money is on the deadskins (as an aside, I find it somewhat ironic that one of the reasons that eSPIN reported Shanahan would not go to Buffalo was the fact that he wanted an established QB -- oops wrong again ClayMort douches).

I think Bradford is the only QB worth taking in the first round. Buffalo would do well in selecting him -- but they'll never get a shot.

Darth - your boy is headed to either St. Louis or Washington. My money is on the deadskins (as an aside, I find it somewhat ironic that one of the reasons that eSPIN reported Shanahan would not go to Buffalo was the fact that he wanted an established QB -- oops wrong again ClayMort douches).

I think Bradford is the only QB worth taking in the first round. Buffalo would do well in selecting him -- but they'll never get a shot.

Agreed. He is the one QB I would trade up and get, but we wont so its moot point. If we aren't going QB I want to see Nix trade down. There are guys in lower first, and in the 2nd and 3rd rounds that can be a quality LT for us. There isn't one LT worthy of a top 10 pick in this draft. None are Roaf, Boscelli, Ogden, etc so they don't warrant a top 10 pick.