Update on Bradford from NFLN

DarthICE

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Injury is injury. Miami and other teams passed on Brees probowl or not because of the shoulder. Per the original post, Bradford is NOT injury prone, his shoulder will be fine and he will end up being a hell of a QB for someone. I can only pray it's us

A QB chosen in the top 10 is going to get insane guaranteed money. He'll probably get more guaranteed money than Brees got when he signed with NO. I'd have a lot more faith in paying a former NFL pro bowler than a guy who played a few college games this year in a system that hasn't produced one quality NFL QB. There is an enormous difference between Brees after SD and Bradford.

There is no denying that Brees is a fine QB, but I wonder if New Orleans (which plays all of their home games in a dome -- and all of their division games in warm climate) would have been as eager to sign him to a contract coming off that shoulder injury if the playing conditions had been like Buffalo's?

A QB chosen in the top 10 is going to get insane guaranteed money. He'll probably get more guaranteed money than Brees got when he signed with NO. I'd have a lot more faith in paying a former NFL pro bowler than a guy who played a few college games this year in a system that hasn't produced one quality NFL QB. There is an enormous difference between Brees after SD and Bradford.

So its now Bradfords fault the NFL has put rookie salaries so high? So by your logic dont' draft anyone because they get paid too much and haven't done anything yet.

Look Rookie salaries are what they are and I don't like them either but it is what it is. I pull the trigger and I trade up and get him. He gets paid what he gets paid. I am not going to pass on a chance for a guy that could very well be our franchise QB due to money.

Maybe he is the answer, maybe he isn't, but I am not going to take a lesser guy in lower rounds for fear of cap issues.

There is no denying that Brees is a fine QB, but I wonder if New Orleans (which plays all of their home games in a dome -- and all of their division games in warm climate) would have been as eager to sign him to a contract coming off that shoulder injury if the playing conditions had been like Buffalo's?

So why did Sunny, warm Miami pass on him?

So you and dice happen to know ever detail of what Brees wanted. It's not possible he though NO was better and Miami wasn't offering enough. Miami maybe felt they had better for cheaper.

Yes...I said all that. :D

Dude...I was just clarifying what he said. Not my fault you can't remember this ****. Everybody else knew WTF he was talking about but here's you.... :lol:

So you and dice happen to know ever detail of what Brees wanted. It's not possible he though NO was better and Miami wasn't offering enough. Miami maybe felt they had better for cheaper.

I seem to recall him being disapointed Miami didn't choose to sign him. I am pretty sure he said that was his first option.

With that logic, let's bring in Chad Pennington.

If Chad is unwilling to come aboard, I say we give serious thought to Bradford in the 2nd. Maybe we'll get about as much from him as we got from Todd Collins.

BRADFORD IS FOOLS GOLD!!!

So its now Bradfords fault the NFL has put rookie salaries so high? So by your logic dont' draft anyone because they get paid too much and haven't done anything yet.

Look Rookie salaries are what they are and I don't like them either but it is what it is. I pull the trigger and I trade up and get him. He gets paid what he gets paid. I am not going to pass on a chance for a guy that could very well be our franchise QB due to money.

Maybe he is the answer, maybe he isn't, but I am not going to take a lesser guy in lower rounds for fear of cap issues.

That's kinda my point. Obviously, the draft is a crap shoot. But if you're going invest all that money into someone, you have to be as certain as you can be that is the guy you build your team around. I think there are too many questions IMO to trust that Bradford is that guy. We'll see I guess.

That's kinda my point. Obviously, the draft is a crap shoot. But if you're going invest all that money into someone, you have to be as certain as you can be that is the guy you build your team around. I think there are too many questions IMO to trust that Bradford is that guy. We'll see I guess.

What Questions? Who doesn't play in a more open offense these days? Injury? He has had one serious one and has been given the green light by the best sports orthopod in the biz. Strong arm, reads the field and makes right decisions extremely quick, great accuracy, great ability to hit WR's in stride, great leader. Don't know how this guy has many questions about him. He checks out at the combine and the guy will be a top 5 pick tops. Too bad we won't do what's needed to get him.

He checks out at the combine and the guy will be a top 5 pick tops.

Dude... Mirer, Leaf, Couch, Harrington, Carr, Akili Smith, J. Russell were all top 5 pix. Which one of those do you have a man crush on?

Bradford ain't done schitt. His backup this past season performed as good, or better, than him. The last QB to come out of Oklahoma and play in the NFL was Jack Mildren...and he didn't even take one snap at QB... he was converted to a safety.

Bradford is not a franchise QB.

Can a moderator please merge this thread with the other already started by DarthICE regarding NFLN says Bradford's arm is getting better?

What a waste of new threads. Same ****.

Then why are you responding to the thread? You know that is the same old thing I have asked for years. If you don't like a poster or the thread they have started, why even read it let alone post on it? It doesn't make sense to me.

With that logic, let's bring in Chad Pennington.

If Chad is unwilling to come aboard, I say we give serious thought to Bradford in the 2nd. Maybe we'll get about as much from him as we got from Todd Collins.

BRADFORD IS FOOLS GOLD!!!

Actually, I do see similarities between Bradford and Pennington (when he was coming out of Marshall): both are heady, accurate QBs -- but neither has/had a cannon for an arm.