What do you guys expect in this upcoming offseason?

buffalo_bills

Honestly, I do not think this team will get any " worse ", simply because it doesnt look like we will lose any of our decent talent, and there is only up to go from here. I believe that the draft will tell a lot about next year. We must draft a playmaker that can be a solid starter from day 1. Here are my predictions for the offseason, and how i think the team will look next year:

Offense

Well, what can i say. Our offense is horrible. I have no idea of who we're gonna draft for our 1st and 2nd round picks, but i can guarantee you that at least one of the picks will be an offensive player that will be a starter. I think we need to bring in a FA wide receiver, not a stud, but a guy that will give us 40-50 cathces a year to play on the other side of Lee Evans, and i would like to see what Hardy and Johnson can do. I like what Shawn Nelson brings, and i think he can be a decent tight end in this league. We are GREAT at the running back position, as we have 2 good backs, and yes, Marshawn will have a much better season, because he will have to prove to everyone that he can be the #1 guy. Now, our problems are with the O-line and QB. I think we will draft a tackle 1st or 2nd round, so we SHOULD be better in that category, especially if our guys stay healthy. As for our Qb situation, it is a total mess, but up for grabs. It will come down to whoever wants it the most. I want a QB taken in the 1st or 2nd round, than let the rookie fight for the job with Trent and Brohm. The person who is the better Qb in training camp will be the starter, and i am confident that our " offensive minded" head coahc than choose the right Qb and evaluate them properly. My proposed starters:

Qb: Im predicting probably a rookie or whoever we may get in Free Agency..

Rb: Fred Jackson

O-line: Lt: Rookie

Lg: Wood

C: Hangartner

Rg: Levitre

Rt: FA or Butler ( still a question mark )

Wr: Evans, FA

Defense

I think the defense if NOT BAD, but there is plenty of room for improvement. Of course we are switching to the 3-4 defense, which can be very effective with the right players. Our main focus is probably getting a NT, and an OLB. I think Maybin will surprise us all and show us why he was a first round pick while starting at OLB. He has speed, and can use is playing OLB. As for our d-line, i think schobel will not retire and will start at the edge along with kyle williams. Stroud is aging and is not the force he once was. We need to get a nose tackle, but there are guys like Wilfork and Hampton hitting the market, so im praying we can pick up one of those guys. Our secondary is fine, and we have 3 good corners and Jairius Byrd at safety, but i think Whitner will get his last shot in Buffalo. Overall, i think we have to get 1 linebacker and a NT to be an overall good defense in this league. My prediction for the starters are:

D-line: Schobel, Williams, FA

Linebacker: Maybin, Mitchell, Poz, FA

Secondary: Whitner or Wilson, Byrd, Mckelvin, Mcgee

I expect a lot of speculation from the fans

I expect the coaching staff to do their jobs, scout players both college and pro

I expect to see some bills personnel in Indianapolis specifically during the combine

I expect a draft to occur in April, where despite all the time and due diligence put in by the new regime in picking the players, many people here will instantly second guess the collective wisdom of the entire staff, and proceed in calling for them all to be fired.

I expect very few "experts" to give us a shot at winning 4 games this year

And by the end of next yr, I expect a lot of people, both fans and experts, to feel like complete !@#$s

I expect a lot of speculation from the fans

I expect the coaching staff to do their jobs, scout players both college and pro

I expect to see some bills personnel in Indianapolis specifically during the combine

I expect a draft to occur in April, where despite all the time and due diligence put in by the new regime in picking the players, many people here will instantly second guess the collective wisdom of the entire staff, and proceed in calling for them all to be fired.

I expect very few "experts" to give us a shot at winning 4 games this year

And by the end of next yr, I expect a lot of people, both fans and experts, to feel like complete !@#$s

+1

People really seem to struggle to grasp the concept that DE's in the 3-4 are not 240 lbs. There is no way Schobel would hold up at DE in the 3-4. A 3-4 DE is a completely different body type than a 4-3 DE.

Right, why would you have schobel there and stroud's not even on your roster. Move Schobel to OLB or trade him for a 3rd round pick.

Nix is a smart man so I think he is going to make some prudent acquisitions to improve the team and no moves based on selling tickets. I suspect adding Chris Chambers Ben Watson and Kerry Collins on offense while adding Jarvis Green, Vonnie Holiday, and Tully Banta-Cain on defense. Then move on to the draft and get Buluga and Cody to further beef up the lines.

So the Starting offense is

Buluga-Levitre-Hangartner-Wood-Butler (O-line)

Lee Evans, Chris Chambers, Steve Johnson, and James Hardy at WR

Freddie Jackson and Lynch as the combo at RB.

Nelson and Ben Watson at Tightend

Kerry Collins at QB (With Fitz as the backup and Brohm to learn from Collins)

With the D being

Williams and Jarvis Green at DE (With Spencer Johnson and Vonnie Holiday as the backups)

Mt.Cody and Stroud at NT

OLB- Schobel, Maybin, Banta Cain, and Chris Ellis

MLB- Poz and Mitchel (With Draft picks and free agents being the backup)

CB- McGee, McKelvin, Florence, Corner, and Lankaster

FS- Byrd

SS- Have Whitner and Wilson Compete.

Nix is a smart man so I think he is going to make some prudent acquisitions to improve the team and no moves based on selling tickets. I suspect adding Chris Chambers Ben Watson and Kerry Collins on offense while adding Jarvis Green, Vonnie Holiday, and Tully Banta-Cain on defense. Then move on to the draft and get Buluga and Cody to further beef up the lines.

With the D being

Williams and Jarvis Green at DE (With Spencer Johnson and Vonnie Holiday as the backups)

Mt.Cody and Stroud at NT

FS- Byrd

You really believe that we're going to get all of those free agents? not happenin. buddy aint havin that!

You really believe that we're going to get all of those free agents? not happenin. buddy aint havin that!

You need to fill out the roster sorry but building through the draft doesn't mean that the only additions are going to be through the draft. I mean 6 free agents none of them really top tier guys is a modest amount of free agents considering we have a new head coach and D-Coordinator wanting to run a new Scheme on defense.

Most teams when a new HC comes in go after a lot of free agents (Not big name guys just guys the new regime wants) so I think all things considered 6 free agents is a small amount.

Honestly, I do not think this team will get any " worse ", simply because it doesnt look like we will lose any of our decent talent, and there is only up to go from here. I believe that the draft will tell a lot about next year. We must draft a playmaker that can be a solid starter from day 1. Here are my predictions for the offseason, and how i think the team will look next year:

Since the topic is what do i expect for this upcoming season this is what i expect.

I expect Schoebel to return for one more season.

I expect Kelsay to be traded or released.

I expect no qb to drafted with the first round pick

I expect that the OT/LB/DE needs will be met via draft/FA and possibly trade-doubtful

I expect One of the three QBs on this team to be getting a look at starting QB next season with 1 free agent or trade acquisition

I expect to see Lynch and Jackson in the backfield this upcoming season.

I expect to see a 2-3 game increase in wins tthis upcoming season

I expect a divided Stadium wall on the draft/QBS/Coaching staff.

I expect to be a fan regardless of what is done. I believe this team finally hired for a fit. I also believe if its a uncapped year that players will be moved to dump salaries without penalty. Dont be surprized if Lee evans is moved. Hes not worth the salary they are paying him and I dont care what the argument is about the QB line ot what have you. Hes a depp threat reciever only. Its all he has evver been and all he will ever be. The only qb he had success with was JP because he loved to throw him the bomb.

OH yeah and 1 big name free agent or trade acquiation to boost ticket sales.

With the D being

Mt.Cody and Stroud at NT

FS- Byrd

Thats an awesome madden off season