We should trade for QB Charlie Whitehurst

fairfaxbill

We should trade Edwards and a 23 year old rb who could still very well salvage his career, and make SD a better team for the Chargers 3rd string qb?

I guess I see your logic Whitehurst is a winner. He did lead his youth football team to glory. :thumbsup:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Whitehurst

Whitehurst was a player with the Alpharetta Youth Football Association (AYFA). His 1993 90 Pound Division 1 Team won the both the Southeastern Region Championship and the State of the Georgia Championship. His 1994 105 Pound Division 1 Team won the Division 1 Championship in GYFC and the Runner up for the State of the Georgia Championship. Attended Taylor Road Middle School.

Whitehurst is awful, I watched his whole career at clemson, he looks like he'd be good, good arm and all but somethings missing, he's a rob johnson type guy, wow you one game then make you want to slit your wrists with retarded mistakes the next 4 games.

terrible idea, stupid post, not gonna happen

Whenever I think of Charlie Whitehurst, I think of the time he embarrassed himself at one of those dumb post-college skills competitions that air at 3 a.m. on ESPN 2. I remember thinking: "Wow, that guy's never going to make it."

But hey, he's in the NFL.

Buddy had him for two years. If he did trade for him you would have to think he liked how he was developing

The chargers kept him aroung for three years so he is not a total bust.

that said , starting qb material who the hell really knows , has anyone seen if play one down in the nfl

We should trade Marshawn and Trent for San Diego QB Charlie Whitehurst and ILB Brandon Siler.

throw in a jim kelly's HOF jacket, a beer from daryl talley, one of travis henry's children plus naming rights to a new bills stadium and we should have a sweet deal for good ole charlie... :lol:

Congratulations! you are the new number 1 seed in the battle for the dumbest post of 2010.

HAHAHAHA! :lol: I couldn't have said it any better....between Charlie Whitehurst and Chris Redman I dont know if this QB name game could get any dumber...

• 3 weeks later...
Just to let everyone know, the Chargers did not tender Charlie Whitehurst so he is up for grabs.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/03/04/c...lent-available/

Thanks for the update. Despite the beating I took for my post, I would like to see Nix evaluate Whitehurst, he has NFL QB size and pedigree and hasn't had a chance to take any regular season snaps yet.

Thanks for the update. Despite the beating I took for my post, I would like to see Nix evaluate Whitehurst, he has NFL QB size and pedigree and hasn't had a chance to take any regular season snaps yet.

He's TERRIBLE dude, he's a camp arm, nothing more

FYI On the "NFL pedigree" His old man's stats are as follows:

TD-INT 28-51

Yards 6,205

QB Rating 59.2

.......NEXT!