Care to offer your opinion on Edwards as QB next year

Beerball

If Buddy Nix wants Bradford or Clausen as his next QB the first thing he should do is have Gailey tell everyone that he will keep Trent as his QB. Good move, never signal anything to anyone about who you want to draft.

where have you seen Gailey or Nix state that Edwards will be the qb?? Sorry if I missed that

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When Trent Edwards earns his way to be a starter the tide will turn in his favor. Even DarthIce will come around when TE completes a string of passes. The truth of the matter is that unless the line is dramatically upgraded the same disabling scenario will play out for whomever is the qb.

A lot of people are harshly critical of Edwards. I understand their position. But Trent Edwards showed me a lot about his character when Brohm was added to the roster. Trent went out of his way to be very supportive of him and worked with him to learn the plays. That certainly wasn't a T.O. type of behavior.

Where did you read that Edwards helped Brohm out?? I've never heard this - could be true, I guess.

I don't think Edwards cares too much honestly whether he starts or not -- it's just his job; it's not his passion. I've known NFL players and this is the case sometimes. football is Brohm's passion though and that's the attitude a QB/leader needs.

edwards wont get starter $$$ though but can still make a good living, etc

If Buddy Nix wants Bradford or Clausen as his next QB the first thing he should do is have Gailey tell everyone that he will keep Trent as his QB. Good move, never signal anything to anyone about who you want to draft.

I could easily see the rook and TE on the roster. No need to serve up your franchise QB on a platter before the O-line is settled. The rook can sit for a year. TE is in the last year of his contract. He should be motivated to do well.

Got to think Chan can do something with that boy.

I think Edwards quote was just fine - he gave a stupid answer to a stupid question.

No, he gave a very stupid answer to a very simple, soft, and safe question.

It has to get old answering questions when you are trying to be a stand up guy, not turn on your teammates, AND try to please the fans.

All he had to say was "Yes" or "probably" to the question.

Again, why did other players "get it" when Edwards did not?

Terrell Owens, responding to the very same question: "I'm pretty sure i would have."

Lee Evans regarding the game: "If we play like that every week, we don't have a chance of beating anybody."

Did anybody question whether or not Owens and Evans were turning on their teammates?

Cry me a river Tony. I don't think you would know a good football coach if you fell over him.

At least I spend the time and make the effort to contribute as a blogger instead of just popping in with a little useless sarcasim. You don't know me from Adam "ScaredycatMessenger", so go back to the UFL or CFL or wherever u came from!

I don't know if Chan Gailey and his crew will work out, but I hope and pray they do! I would have felt a little more confident if we would've hired Bill Cowher, Mike Shananhan, Marty Shottenheimer, John Gruden, or Brian Billick and I would imagine that the Bills fan base in general would overwhelmingly agree! What a silly little slash you tried to give me too! I know one thing for sure D. Jauron wasn't a good head coach and neither were the two before him!! As a matter of fact I do know my coaches quite well and I'd take Parcells in his prime anyday!! Couldn't stand him, but he was a great coach! Go back under your rock "ScaredycatMessenger :lol: "!

I could easily see the rook and TE on the roster. No need to serve up your franchise QB on a platter before the O-line is settled. The rook can sit for a year. TE is in the last year of his contract. He should be motivated to do well.

Got to think Chan can do something with that boy.

Cry me a river scardeycatmessenger! You really should Stick to the CFL's Montreal Alouettes, as you continue to prove that u don't know what your talking about in reference to the Bills. Most of the time you don't even know the Bills player's names. Your the first one to try and slam someone else's blog and be sarcastic, yet I find your blogs pathetic and flat out

absurd. Go ahead, be sarcastic once again, talk foul, be rude, question my knowledge, I don't care because I anticipate

it and so does everyone else on here! You have become so predictable and trivial...Okay now, I here you trying to conjure

up a nasty rebuttle as expected...Whatever you say next dude won't phase me as it's expected ! Anyways GO BILLS!!

Buffalo's Buffalo Bills not Montreal's !

No, he gave a very stupid answer to a very simple, soft, and safe question.

All he had to say was "Yes" or "probably" to the question.

Again, why did other players "get it" when Edwards did not?

Terrell Owens, responding to the very same question: "I'm pretty sure i would have."

Lee Evans regarding the game: "If we play like that every week, we don't have a chance of beating anybody."

Did anybody question whether or not Owens and Evans were turning on their teammates?

How can anyone expect Alex Van Pelt to go from QB coach to OC under a pair of morons like Schonert and Jauron and be innovative and out game plan Bill Belichick and others?

Dick Jauron is now a DB coach and Schonert is out of the NFL afaik.Those two were responsible for the Bills offensive failure the last two years.

Most of the posters on this board knew before the season even started the team was doomed to failure. Not replacing Turk Schonert after last season ended with a REAL OC and then retooling every position on the O line with new players and rookies was the reason for the offense failing.

Then the Bills drafted a DE who everyone stated needed 2-3 years to develop when they should have drafted a LT to replace Jason Peters.

Lets hope Chan Gailey can build a proper offense that can score points and allow the QB to actually progress as the season goes on, and the Nix can fill some holes with the draft.

Where did you read that Edwards helped Brohm out?? I've never heard this - could be true, I guess.

I don't think Edwards cares too much honestly whether he starts or not -- it's just his job; it's not his passion. I've known NFL players and this is the case sometimes. football is Brohm's passion though and that's the attitude a QB/leader needs.

edwards wont get starter $$$ though but can still make a good living, etc

I heard it on a game from one of the TV analysts commenting about Edwards when the Bills first acquired Brohm. They stated that he worked with him and helped BB to learn the new offense. I don't know where your notion that Edwards doesn't care about starting and the game comes from? Last year was a disaster on offense because the OL was in shambles. Trent Edwards was badly battered year. It would be difficult for any qb to keep his confidence under such brutal conditions.

It comes down to this.

Do you want a Rookie QB to start in Buffalo under a whole new coaching staff that is trying to rebuild the defense with a 3-4 scheme?

Another way to look at it. Naming Edwards # 1 QB will sorry may keep the manager of the QB drafted realistic with his monetary demands.

And lets not forget the blunder when the prior coaches listened to TO and benching Trent because he wasn't his favorite target.

When Trent Edwards earns his way to be a starter the tide will turn in his favor. Even DarthIce will come around when TE completes a string of passes. The truth of the matter is that unless the line is dramatically upgraded the same disabling scenario will play out for whomever is the qb.

A lot of people are harshly critical of Edwards. I understand their position. But Trent Edwards showed me a lot about his character when Brohm was added to the roster. Trent went out of his way to be very supportive of him and worked with him to learn the plays. That certainly wasn't a T.O. type of behavior.

I know we need to upgrade the LT position and more depth in general, but the fate of the QB (insert your name of preference) will be determined by the offensive system rather than the talent we have up-front.

You can mask your defficiencies by doing what you do best and by trying not to force things up. Gailey is known to do more with less so I think we will be seeing a very different approach on offense. For once we will be unpredictable, for once we will be attacking defenses where they don't like being attacked. For once we have an offensive minded coach that knows a thing or two on offense that can maximize the talent on offense. (and yes we have some good talent there)

Watching Schonert or AVP's trying to divise a gameplan or come up with adjustments was sad and unfair to the talent we have on offense.

I heard it on a game from one of the TV analysts commenting about Edwards when the Bills first acquired Brohm. They stated that he worked with him and helped BB to learn the new offense. I don't know where your notion that Edwards doesn't care about starting and the game comes from? Last year was a disaster on offense because the OL was in shambles. Trent Edwards was badly battered year. It would be difficult for any qb to keep his confidence under such brutal conditions.

thanks - just an opinion re Edward's desire, etc based upon observation

Guest dog14787
thanks - just an opinion re Edward's desire, etc based upon observation

In my opinion folks misinterpret Trent Edwards silence as a lack of desire or leadership. In reality Trent Edwards realizes actions speak louder then words and the best way to lead his football team is by example. Since the QB play of the Bills has been severely hampered by inadequate pass protection and sub par coaching Trent Edwards has been unable to get his message across.

Trent Edwards message is the Buffalo Bills football team always comes first...