My Offseason Wishlist

NeverOutNick

First off we need a stop-gap vet QB because lets face it we have way too many other needs and this years draft class for QBs is not very good. I say trade our 4th for McNabb or get someone like K. Collins or I'd even be up for Troy Smith. Next year we get a true #1 QB for our franchise like Locker, Mallet, or Luck who all have really strong arms and would be better suited for Buffalo weather.

Next we get a FA 3-4 NT like Pickett or Hampton. We will still draft a NT but we need an old vet to show the young guy how its done and so we can switch him out.

Draft needs to focus on depth at positions that we are lacking in:

2010 Draft

1st: Anthony Davis LT or Russell Okung LT

2nd: Brandon Spikes ILB ( I have a feeling he falls to the 2nd rd)

3rd: Cam Thomas NT (stock rose from senior bowl can learn from vet)

4th: Eric Norwood OLB (unless we get McNabb with this pick, then this is mute)

5th: Alex Carrington DE or Vince Oghobaase DE

6th: best offensive weapon (Eric Decker WR, Riley Cooper WR, Jordan Shipley WR, LeGarrette Blount RB or James Starks RB)

6th: Cameron Sheffield OLB or Lindsey Witten OLB

7th: Best Oline prospect left

Good offseason!

First off we need a stop-gap vet QB because lets face it we have way too many other needs and this years draft class for QBs is not very good. I say trade our 4th for McNabb or get someone like K. Collins or I'd even be up for Troy Smith. Next year we get a true #1 QB for our franchise like Locker, Mallet, or Luck who all have really strong arms and would be better suited for Buffalo weather.

Next we get a FA 3-4 NT like Pickett or Hampton. We will still draft a NT but we need an old vet to show the young guy how its done and so we can switch him out.

2010 Draft

6th: best offensive weapon (Eric Decker WR, Riley Cooper WR, Jordan Shipley WR, LeGarrette Blount RB or James Starks RB)

Good offseason!

this is the first wish list ive seen on here thats actually obtainable. Most of them are like I want Payton Manning, Ray Lewis, 3 peolpe fired, Jenifer Aniston, and a shot of tequila or Im never watching the Bills again! Im not saying I agree with you 100 % its just weird readin a logical post like this.

this is the first wish list ive seen on here thats actually obtainable. Most of them are like I want Payton Manning, Ray Lewis, 3 peolpe fired, Jenifer Aniston, and a shot of tequila or Im never watching the Bills again! Im not saying I agree with you 100 % its just weird readin a logical post like this.

Thanks! I think that if we get an offseason anything like this than Chan and Nix are on the right track in my eyes...

Yeah, i'm still of the belief though that if either Bradford or Clausen are there at 9 they have to be the selection.

2010 Draft

Good offseason!

ok first off this is a very nice draft, Id prefer to trade donte for a 2nd or 3rd and use that pick for Lefevour, but thats just me, other than that, it's a very realistic draft scenario.

I do not think Mcnabb or collins is a good option, remember that collins was all but retired, but since he lives in tenn. he signed with the titans, so I doubt he would come to buffalo to be a 2 yr stopgap player. Smith was in Line to start for Baltimore until he got sick. so there could be some real talent there. unfortunately, locker will go #1 overall next yr, so unless we totally tank it (which we won't) there's no chance we get him. Mallet IMHO is the next Ryan Leaf, and I personally wouldn't touch him if I were the GM.

So to sum up, agree on the drafting, get smith, lefevour, pickett or hampton and call it a day.

I'm starting to think that the smart move might be to try to turn this thing around in two years rather than trying to do it all in one year.

The front office needs to take a hard look at what starting positions can be filled realistically through draft and FA both this year and next year. For instance, there's very little chance to fill our LT spot via FA this year so we must fill that all-important spot via the draft this year (via our R1 pick). B. Parcells once said that a successful offense needs a stud LT to be any good. The other four spots are much easier to fill. We must get our stud LT while we have the chance via the draft.

ok first off this is a very nice draft, Id prefer to trade donte for a 2nd or 3rd and use that pick for Lefevour, but thats just me, other than that, it's a very realistic draft scenario.

I do not think Mcnabb or collins is a good option, remember that collins was all but retired, but since he lives in tenn. he signed with the titans, so I doubt he would come to buffalo to be a 2 yr stopgap player. Smith was in Line to start for Baltimore until he got sick. so there could be some real talent there. unfortunately, locker will go #1 overall next yr, so unless we totally tank it (which we won't) there's no chance we get him. Mallet IMHO is the next Ryan Leaf, and I personally would touch him if I were the GM.

So to sum up, agree on the drafting, get smith, lefevour, pickett or hampton and call it a day.

You might want to keep your personal preferences off a board that leans towards heterosexuality.

I do not think Mcnabb or collins is a good option, remember that collins was all but retired, but since he lives in tenn. he signed with the titans, so I doubt he would come to buffalo to be a 2 yr stopgap player. Smith was in Line to start for Baltimore until he got sick. so there could be some real talent there. unfortunately, locker will go #1 overall next yr, so unless we totally tank it (which we won't) there's no chance we get him. Mallet IMHO is the next Ryan Leaf, and I personally would touch him if I were the GM.

Thanks for the kudos on the draft! I see your point with Collins I just want a stop-gap vet QB that could hold the reigns for a couple years while we develop next years first round pick unless like we discussed before we get Troy Smith and he really is the answer.

a 2nd or a 3rd for Donte? An average joe journeyman Bryon Scott beat him out of strong safety, then he was slid to FS where he was eventually beat out by a 2nd round pick rookie. We gave a 3rd and a 5th for Marcus Stroud who at the time was a highly regarded DT. A 4th might be asking to much.

a 2nd or a 3rd for Donte? An average joe journeyman Bryon Scott beat him out of strong safety, then he was slid to FS where he was eventually beat out by a 2nd round pick rookie. We gave a 3rd and a 5th for Marcus Stroud who at the time was a highly regarded DT. A 4th might be asking to much.

its washington, you never know, they might take the bait. Plus Whitner is a1st rd pick who is still in his 1st contract, and he is not considered a "bust". He still has value.

2010 Draft

4th: Eric Norwood OLB (unless we get McNabb with this pick, then this is mute

Good offseason!

very good post, my only beef is norwood in the 4th. i don ever want to see that last name again

I'm starting to think that the smart move might be to try to turn this thing around in two years rather than trying to do it all in one year.

The front office needs to take a hard look at what starting positions can be filled realistically through draft and FA both this year and next year. For instance, there's very little chance to fill our LT spot via FA this year so we must fill that all-important spot via the draft this year (via our R1 pick). B. Parcells once said that a successful offense needs a stud LT to be any good. The other four spots are much easier to fill. We must get our stud LT while we have the chance via the draft.

Only if your QB is right-handed..

Just sayin'..

2010 Draft

Good offseason!

Not 100% on Davis because of some questions about how hard he works, but I'd do backflips over that draft. If any of those players you listed are there in the 6th, that's an absolute steal. Good stuff.

Good point, this is funny and i agree with your assessment.

I like Spikes a lot. Carrington will never make it to the 5th. He had a great Senior Bowl week.

2010 Draft

Good offseason!

What I like best about this post is it is achieveable with the personall we now have in the front office.

During the last few years the fans seem to know more about what the Bills needs were than the guys calling the shots.

This is a building year for the Bills. I would like to see them get a quality LT in the first round. Then build the defensive front 7 to the best of their ability. We now have a quality guy in the front office who knows the free agents. Hopefully we can get three of them in here to help this club. WR, LB and DL help is needed from free agency. I am getting excited again with the guys we now have in the front office.

Just wondering what's the beef with Norwood? Another question where do you guys think Jerry Hughes from TCU would go because that guy would be a beast as a 3-4 OLB as well.

I dunno. I think he's wide right.

:bag:

Jerry Hughes will go #44 in RD#2.

:bag: