Ma'ake Kemoeatu?

bills_red

http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/1943727.html

He has a $9.3 million option bonus due in early March which would extend his contract through 2014, but no one anticipated that ever being picked up. It was written into his deal last offseason to save some salary cap room. When that tab isn't picked up (according to contract documents obtained by The Herald), he'll be due a $1.7 million non-exercise bonus and a base salary of $2.6 million for next season, essentially what he'd have made before the restructuring.

If the rehab doesn't go well, that $2.6 millions a sizable savings they could realize by cutting him.

Could he be a 34 NT? He is 6'5 345. If he isn't ready for the year you could just put him on the PUP list.

http://www.heraldonline.com/247/story/1943727.html

Could he be a 34 NT? He is 6'5 345. If he isn't ready for the year you could just put him on the PUP list.

A good idea to sign him just so that we don't have to draft out of need. I would love to sign him and pair him up with Terrance Mt.Cody this way we have two anchors that can rotate in and not tire out. If he is cut put him on my official sign that guy list.

I ACTUALLY LOBBIED FOR HIM AS A FA PICKUP WHEN HE WENT TO CAROLINA,,SAME YEAR AS HALOTI NGATA WAS

PASSED FOR DONTE ,,THEY WOULDVE MADE A AWESOME TANDEM AT DT :bag:

Great thought, but only if it'd been any other injury. Fact is, 1/3 of all players that go down with a ruptured achilles are out of the game within 2 years. Power rankings drop through the floor and they fade into obscurity. :bag:

• 3 weeks later...

I have never done this.. but I have some insider information. I know professionally Ma'ake's cousin who lives in Rock Hill, SC They are very close to him. Long story short... he has not healed like he had expected. As of a couple months ago Ma'ake was uncertain he would even be able to play this next year. Time will only tell.

However, it is unlkely any team will count on him to make an impact this year.

Yes he can be a NT and NO do not get the guy. He just came off blowing his Achilles tendon. That can take a year or two to shore up IF he ever can.

If he can pass a physical by Bills doctors then why not? He could serve as a backup and a rotational guy this year.

A good idea to sign him just so that we don't have to draft out of need. I would love to sign him and pair him up with Terrance Mt.Cody this way we have two anchors that can rotate in and not tire out. If he is cut put him on my official sign that guy list.

Yes if we get a serviceable DT and LOT in FA we can easily trade down & get a top rated OT or DT in rd 1 and in Rd 2. The add'l pick could be an ILB , TE or WR. We could also pick the best player available in rd 1.